Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Jamwad Hilder posted:

going up against a team that has won the President's Trophy twice in a row.

leafs in 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

*not many of us are in it discussing hockey

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Canada on pace for 0-20 get in

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

As long as the Ducks and Bruins then immediately lose to the Sharks and Rangers then yes that would own significantly

e: If the Jackets, Wild, and Preds beat the Pens, Blues, and Hawks, I would call that a perfect result.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Caps are shook. Leafs in 4.

BWV posted:

Are the Caps shook?

Drunk Canuck posted:

The Leafs are amazing, they got the Caps shook.

Koopa Kid posted:

Caps are shook as hell

:regd08:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If you had told me before the lockout that Pittsburgh would be the evil team in a Pens/Leafs playoff series, I would kindly tell you to go gently caress yourself

A Pittsburgh/Toronto series sounds like what they play In the waiting room while you're about to get a joint root canal & colonic in hell

I'm about a week away from rooting for the Sens to win the East cancel the fuckin playoffs

go perds

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 18, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The only redeeming option left is Subban scoring the cup winning goal in OT in Montreal but that involves rooting for Montreal to win three separate series and I don't want to look back at this time in my life on my deathbed and die in the throes of shame and disgust

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

They were handing out shirts tonight that said "You can sleep when the playoffs are over" in what I thought was a great dig at the league for scheduling these 8:30 (9:30 if you're Nashville) starts.

Nashville and Chicago are in CT which means that 2 of their 3 games started at 7pm local time which actually makes total sense? They had an 8:30 local start last night, but they likely won't have another late start for the rest of the series.

Minnesota/St. Louis have a much bigger gripe, they've had a 2 pm game, an 8:30 game, a two day break, and another 8:30 pm coming up on Wednesday

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

When a goalie makes a save that involves any or all of the following:

- Stacking the pads
- Catching the puck with the paddle of the stick
- His helmet coming off
- Reaching completely behind him the catch a puck on the goalline that he has no business getting to
- Does a fill split

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Franzen owns and I'm glad he's still on the payroll collecting his CTE buyout

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Kalenn Istarion posted:

No, I grabbed the angle that's relevant and shows the target height of impact. That ovi's knee gets hit is incidental to the hip check, sucks that he was hurt for 60s or so but still not an illegal check

You also grabbed a shot that's like 4 frames after the actual first impact

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Game 6 against Calgary in 2004 was absolutely brutal and the following day of school was probably the worst day of my life, I should've just cut class and stayed in bed

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 25, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

shyduck posted:

So yeah, Ron Tugnutt is a good dude.

He also tore his groin once in a selfless act of ensuring the greatest injury of all time

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

also doc emrick is an awesome PBP guy

*rambling pontification and regurgitated apocrypha while things are actually happening in the ga* SCARRRRRRRRRRR

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Denis Potvin should be calling all games. :crossarms:

That's funny whatever name it was you just said sounds nothing like Dave Strader

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:holymoley:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

As an aside, it's not that long ago that people on this very forum insisted that the Islanders were cool and good, when they are in fact from Long Island, which is basically a civil engineering shrine to Robert Moses' Segregated Utopia.

There are no heroes, only lesser villains.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 30, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm not even sure the 90s Pens were better than the '02 Wings :colbert: /homer

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

T-Bone posted:

The 90s Red Wings were 1-4 against the other great teams from its era (Devils, Avalanche). I'd take the 2001 Avalanche or 2000 Devils over either of their Cup teams.

The '02 Wings were their best cup team I don't know what the gently caress he's on about. poo poo, '07 was probably a better team than either of the '90s squads.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

And they got swept out of the finals.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

They lost to the Avs in six in the conference finals. They'd then win the next the cup the next two seasons. I'm not seeing how that team was somehow worse than the 2002 squad that had 116pts and beat the all world Hurricanes in the finals. Admittedly the conference finals were really the cup finals that year, but they just scraped by the Avs in 7.

You mean the 2002 squad that had Luc Robitaille on the 4th line? The one that had like 9 hall of famers on it? The one that is better than the two 90's Red Wings teams that also won Stanley cups which is what this argument is about?

e: scraping by Colorado is chashing one of the best goalies of all time in the 2nd period of a game 7

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't know how I always forget how stacked the late 90s/early 2000s Redwings and Avalanche teams were.

For Colorado you have Sakic, Forsberg, Hejduk, Tanguay, Drury, Bourque, Deadmarsh, Foote, with Roy in net. Then you take a look at Detroit and it's Yzerman, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Federov, Hull, Robitaille, Larionov, Chelios, Datsyuk, and Hasek.

The Wings also had Larionov, who was pretty drat great in his own right, they had Holmstrom and the Grind Line, and Fischer/Olausson/Duschene who were all very solid on the back end that entire season/playoff.

That team was Very loving Good

ThinkTank posted:

The pre salary cap days were pretty cool if you supported a team that could afford a $95M payroll, but sucked for everyone else.

yeah :sigh:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

T-Bone posted:

I think the 07-08 Red Wings were right there with the 02 or 90s teams. It seemed like they had the puck for entire games. That's still the best post lockout team.

I also agree with this, for my money the Wings cup teams rank

'02
'07
'97
'98

e: and poo poo, the '08 team was better but they didn't win so gently caress em

If the '08 team wins the cup, they are possibly the greatest Wings team of all time, or at least first equal with '02

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Devils won the draft lottery

The Red Wings won the death pool

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Excuse you I seem to remember a certain Penguins team that was THE GREATEST TEAM TO EVER PLAY THE GAME OR ANY OTHER GAME

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Fan chants own and should be in every sport everywhere all the time

It's literally the only good thing about soccer (except for when those chants are predictably racist)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

xzzy posted:

But I think we all agree that "SHOOT" is a word that should be banned from all hockey rinks everywhere.

True Story, guy in my section at Rangers/Sens game 3 yelled "CYCLE" and I almost fell out of my chair laughing

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gio posted:

wings won in '08, lost in '09.

whatever who cares they're never winning again

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Preds >>>> Caps >>>>>> Nuclear Holocaust >>> Sens >>>>>> Getting punched in the dick right before the bomb drops so my last memory is a crotch full of pain >>> Oilers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Surviving the fallout and having to eat my family to survive >>>>>>> Ducks >>>>>>>>>> Dying after eating my family and spending eternity getting raped in hell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pens

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The worst team in the worst sport.

DC United. What do I win?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I still maintain that the Sens are the only Canadian team allowed to win the cup because, despite arguments to the contrary, I just know the hand-wringing in the rest of the country, namely Toronto and Montreal, will be so good pump that thick poo poo straight into my veins

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

No one in this country gives the slightest crap about Ottawa, it's just so polite, bureaucratic and forgettable. How the rest of the world views Canada is how Canadians view Ottawa. A Senators cup win would barely register in the national consciousness.

Canada finally wins a cup and all of you pretending not to care is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

They can't even sell out playoff games while you need to trade a kidney for Leafs tickets and they suddenly become CANADA'S TEAM and you're sitting here with a straight face any telling me no one would give a poo poo

Imagine all the 6-11 year olds who would become Sens fans and how much that would fuckin rule when adults starting crying millennials and a European captain succeeded where Koivu, Sundin, and the Sedins failed like a bunch o punk asses

Aye Doc posted:

i think all of the canadian team fanbases would be really bitter that it was some nothing trash pile with a cheapskate owner who finally managed to bring lord stanley's cup back to its homeland on the back of sweden's finest son

This would be the moment that makes Don Cherry fail the Turing Test

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 10, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

This is kind of how I see it. Is Ottawa really a draw at all, even in Canada?

I mean, that's exactly what I'm saying though

To use Tank's example in reverse. Imagine if the Blue Jays, returned Expos and expansion Vancouver Seals win every World Series for 15 years, then the loving incredible mountain of takes that would come from New York/Boston when the previously ignored Padres bring the championship back to America.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

If Toronto or Montreal won it people would be up in arms and radio shows would be flooded with "NOT MAH TEAM" calls (sorta like how the country seemed to unite against the Canucks in 2011) but with Ottawa people will likely just shrug and say "well I guess that streak is over now."

That's why Ottawa winning would own: full on rage takes don't hold a loving candle to suppressed rage takes

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Lidstrom could hit if he wanted to, but you don't need to hit anyone if you literally know exactly where to be on the ice every second of your entire gat dang career.

The guy was a loving wizard, and I don't think anyone ever before or since, save maybe (probably (drat near a certainty)) Gretzky, could ever see the ice or anticipate as well as him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

This team owns and anyone rooting against them needs to be deported

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Goddamn the Preds own. I never picked a western conference team when the Wings moved East and I think that was divine providence. I'm now 100% in the perdwagon

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 19, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Friendly Lurker posted:

I love your name but I feel like you will forever hate the Ducks based off this decision. Watch some Kessler and Perry highlights so you don't at least hate the whole team :cheers:

I actually really like Gibson, Rakell, Eaves, Lindholm, and Vatanen, but gently caress the Ducks forever and especially gently caress those two Ducks in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Fair enough, I guess my point is it's not a term that is generally recognized as targeting a group of people and lots of people don't consider/realize it can be offensive.

I don't think he NHL needs to be the language police in this case.

A cocksucker is one who sucks cocks. Like a lady. Because lol you woman

The fact that we as a testosterone-laden country don't get more mad about motherfucker is a mystery....

• Locked thread