Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
What fine colors and logo would you recommend for a privileged man who has never started the playoffs without being able to watch his own team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I unironically love Pierre because he's a loving train wreck, so I'm glad he's doing both series I'm anticipating.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Only got to watch highlights but those mostly looked like good games.

Price v. Lundqvist is going to be great.

Jake Allen is mysteriously good and that series suddenly seems like it might not be the most boring.

Sharks showing their old man resiliency but the Oilers don't look like playoff newcomers.

Columbus needs to gets their poo poo together or that series will be over quickly.

Boston and Ottawa are, uh, teams that are in the playoffs.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Jesus christ, that video.

Do you remember when the NHL was on the Outdoor Life Network???

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I have the Blues going to the final in my nhl.com bracket because I am an idiot I will look like a genius if they get there the west is nonsense and doesn't matter I am an idiot. Jake Allen, prove me right.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

y'all ready for Jake Allen, Conn Smythe winner?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

It's fun watching the Capitals panic at a 2-1 series.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

It's that kind of horribly dark and tasteless joke that makes my :10bux: worth the investment.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I love that Tim Peel is so bad that it's part of each game's storyline.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

quote:

Detroit's Johan Franzen said he doesn't regret slashing David Legwand on the Nashville bench during Sunday's game because the Predators forward was holding him. Both players received minor penalties at 14:33 of the second period.

“If he does it again, I’m going to do it again,'' Franzen said. “He got called for it and I’m happy for that. We’re a good team four-on-four, so if he’s going to do that again, I’m happy to do it.''

Franzen also has an alternate plan.

“Maybe I’ll drag him out onto the ice and sit on him,'' Franzen said. “I don’t know, maybe do something else. The ref wouldn’t have called him if I wouldn’t have done that. He needed help from (other officials) to figure that out, so that would never have been called otherwise.”

Man, I miss Franzen. Maybe not the slashing. But the sitting and the chirping and the stealing of lil babby Patrick Kane's mouthguard.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

The editing of the Boston winner in the NHL highlights is some good dark comedy with Karlsson stretching to overcome an injury and then immediately being (partially) responsible for the losing goal.

"Hope this wor--oh it didn't."

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Nashville beats Pittsburgh in Game 7. Subban and Kessel meet in the postgame lineup. They exchange glowing smiles and knowing nods. They shake hands. Canada weeps. Don Cherry's heart explodes.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I think offsides should be a judgment call by the linesman. On every play, they should ask themselves, "Will this be exciting?" If the answer is no, they should whistle it dead. If yes, play ball!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

Peter Laviolette is A Good Coach and must be some kind of incredible rear end in a top hat to have gotten fired early in the season by the Hurricanes in favor of Paul Maurice: The Sequel and then by the Flyers in favor of... Craig Berube?

This made me realize that Laviolette coached the Canes cup team. I thought that was Maurice, for some reason.

Looking at the teams he's had, dude has had pretty good success in the playoffs.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Let's all just collectively agree to remember 2017 as the year Nashville won.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

If cocksucker is an insult, then people who perform oral sex with dudes are inferior.

As with some other homophobic slurs, cocksucker is first rooted in misogyny.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Benson Cunningham posted:

Calling someone a cocksucker is not homophobic.

Explain its use as an insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If you're seriously not on the perdwagon at this point just get the gently caress out

e:

goddamn how do I get one of these?

I've been wearing a Subban tshirt for the playoffs, so Nashville can thank me whenever.

• Locked thread