Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Chef dies after eating 'super-hot' chilli

quote:

An aspiring chef died after eating a "super hot" chilli sauce in a competition with his girlfriend's brother, an inquest in England has heard.

Andrew Lee, 33, challenged his girlfriend's brother to a contest on September 19 to see who could make and eat the hottest sauce, London's The Times reported.

The forklift driver from Edlington, West Yorkshire in England, made a tomato sauce with red chillies grown by his father, but after eating it suffered intense discomfort and itching.

Mr Lee went to bed and asked his girlfriend, Samantha Bailey, to scratch his back until he fell asleep.

When she woke in the morning he was dead, possibly after suffering a heart attack, The Guardian said.

Paramedics were called to the home but were unable to revive Mr Lee, who was lying on the floor, The Telegraph reported.

Toxicology tests will be conducted to establish if he suffered a reaction to the food. Mr Lee was in perfect health and just passed a medical examination at work, the inquest heard.

Mr Lee's sister, Claire Chadbourne, 29, said he took a jar of the sauce to his girlfriend's home and challenged her brother Michael, 29, to a competition to see who could eat it.

"Andrew just ate the chillies with a plate of Dolmio sauce. It was not a proper meal because he had already eaten lamb chops and potato mash after work," she said.

"He apparently got into bed at 2.30am and started scratching all over. His girlfriend ... woke up and he had gone. It is incredible. Who would have thought he could have died from eating chilli sauce?"

She said a post-mortem examination showed no heart problems.

"He loved cooking for his friends. He always said he wanted to be a chef but didn't want to start at the bottom."

The inquest was adjourned.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/chef-dies-after-eating-super-hot-chilli/2008/09/30/1222651028585.html

lmbo maybe someone should have told this chef to chill out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol brits can't handle spicy food exhibit ZZ2411

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Now he'll never be the head (chef) of a major corporation (owned chain of restaurants).

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
the secret ingredient is love (and puffer fish venom)

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah, what did they put in the sauce? Tabasco??? :supaburn:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Dad's attempt to assassinate son in law with ricin sauce goes wrong

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Does anyone watch the YouTube series Hot Ones? I wanna see him try this spicy food!

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
can you imagine the poo poo this guy did when he died

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
A whole jalapeno? Oh I SHOULDN'T.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

This is the second time in my rotten memory that someone has died over there due to a chili challenge.

Or is this the same story?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
:rip:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
my spicy take on this is if you die from eating a chilli you have failed the chef entrance examination

Tofuslob
Jul 9, 2013

Soooo..the brother won right? Like if you vomit in a food eating contest

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
scratching all over sounds like he prolly had an allergic reaction cause I wouldn't say itchy is a feeling I get when I eat somethin too spicy.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The secret ingredient in the sauce was probably Spanish Fly.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

scratching all over sounds like he prolly had an allergic reaction cause I wouldn't say itchy is a feeling I get when I eat somethin too spicy.

I'm torn because on the one hand a young man died tragically in his sleep, probably due to an allergic reaction

but on the other hand maybe British people can just straight up die from introducing their tongues to flavor and that would be funny to me because I cooked for my British grandma in law and I have never before and will never again do to an innocent steak what she forced me to do for her, so it checks out

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
British people are, no exaggeration, the worst

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tiny Deer posted:

I'm torn because on the one hand a young man died tragically in his sleep, probably due to an allergic reaction

but on the other hand maybe British people can just straight up die from introducing their tongues to flavor and that would be funny to me because I cooked for my British grandma in law and I have never before and will never again do to an innocent steak what she forced me to do for her, so it checks out

What's with good chefs that come from there, idgi their food seems so bland who are they cookin for

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Zzulu posted:

British people are, no exaggeration, the worst

:agreed:

Any nation of people that says stuff like "Pip Pip! Cheerio!" and can be killed by spicy food doesn't deserve to live.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Someone should've told that guy to lay off the sauce.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
another fine addition to the "lol killed by food" list. scratch another tick on 2017.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
thats a spicy meatball! *dies*

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
the average briton on a night out usually eats madras/vindaloo or doner meat slathered with some indistinct high scoville orange stuff that calcifies your bumhole. then there's a cheeky nandos with extra hot peri peri. without this spicy lifeblood many of us would freeze to death (in mid july).

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
"Chef dies". "Aspiring chef". "33 years old". "Forklift truck driver". "Jar of Dolmio's". This is like when some kid dies doing something retarded, and the news makes you think we lost a future Nobel prize winner, instead of a future McDonalds employee of the month. In case you don't have Dolmio's, its the basic bitch jar of tomato sauce with a 'fat Italian family' advertising campaign and the words 'Made in the Netherlands' in tiny writing somewhere on the bottom.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ArbitraryC posted:

What's with good chefs that come from there, idgi their food seems so bland who are they cookin for

Why do you think they leave?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
If you don't eat a whole habanero every single day you pretty much want to die.

E: or at least you're so ignorant of what the sensual aspect of life is for this to practically be the case.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 11, 2017

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
reading between the lines i'm fairly sure he died of alcohol poisoning or possibly of being a huge fat gently caress rather than eating a hot pepper

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

I'm Crap posted:

reading between the lines i'm fairly sure he died of alcohol poisoning or possibly of being a huge fat gently caress rather than eating a hot pepper

If that was the case he lived life to its absolute fullest

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
lol "forklift driver"- I mean 'aspiring chef'

like he didn't drink all the time every day

I'm Crap posted:

e: yeah this exactly

e: after actually reading the article I, as a medical genius, rule anaphylaxis combined with supreme alcoholic stupor

incoherent light fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 11, 2017

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

looking forward to the LA Beast youtube video challenge

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Moridin920 posted:

cram a vindaloo up ur bumhole

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
This poo poo happened in 2008.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Tace Vim posted:

looking forward to the LA Beast youtube video challenge

his death via pouring an entire gallon jar of tabasco up his rear end in a top hat will be tastefully presented as "potential nobel prize winner and poet laureate died today after undergoing an exotic hot pepper cleanse"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Theophany posted:

This poo poo happened in 2008.

But the wounds are still fresh.

This man could've been a chef by now!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
that's a spicey meat-a-ball!!!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Dammit, Guy Fieri lives on.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Torquemada posted:

"Chef dies". "Aspiring chef". "33 years old". "Forklift truck driver". "Jar of Dolmio's". This is like when some kid dies doing something retarded, and the news makes you think we lost a future Nobel prize winner, instead of a future McDonalds employee of the month. In case you don't have Dolmio's, its the basic bitch jar of tomato sauce with a 'fat Italian family' advertising campaign and the words 'Made in the Netherlands' in tiny writing somewhere on the bottom.

interesting. know what kind of tomato sauce they used really puts things in perspective

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Enfield posted:

interesting. know what kind of tomato sauce they used really puts things in perspective

"It's what we put in that makes the Dolmio grin"

Surprised to hear after all this time on Aussie TV that it's not uniquely Australian. Not as if we'd use this amazing food bowl on an arid continent to sell ourselves great tomato sauce :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
No bean chili fucks up another bitch that should have stuck to bean chili.

• Locked thread