Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Have the developers given any estimate when the Switch version of this is going to be released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

Well, this is intensely frustrating. I randomly lost all my geo after my game crashed. I had about 2500.

Any way to get it back? It took me a lot of time to collect all of it and I was on my way back to the city to spend it.

Cheatengine?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm playing this right now and I have no idea what the intended order for these zones is. I have like 5 different areas available to me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How much announced content is there still unreleased for this?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

I was doing an exploratory run to test that recently, but I gave up fairly early on. There are some really neat things about how the map is laid out, though. Many of the progression locks in the game are only behind a single room, especially in the Crossroads, so there isn't a whole lot of backtracking. Often there will also be some kind of attainable reward (grub, geo rocks) or NPC to take the sting out of hitting a dead end. There are some very notable bits of map design I noticed, too:

- If a player knows about downslashing they can get into Fog Canyon before obtaining the dash. This lets them go all the way down to Queen's Station before they reach a gap that requires the dash. This would normally be a very long and frustrating dead-end, but instead the player is rewarded with a station, meaning that none of that progress was wasted.

- Similarly, if a player gets the lantern ASAP they can enter crystal peak early, as well. If you don't have the walljump you can't get to the higher rooms. Instead, the game guides you towards the drop into the Resting Grounds, being rewarded with a station and massive plot progression. I think none of this requires the dash, either.

I'm pretty sure I did both of these on my first playthrough

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

redreader posted:

I played this game and just came back to it but am not sure where to start... uh I have:
howling cliffs, dirtmouth
greenpath, forgotten crossroads
fungal wastes.

I'm not sure what to do next.

There is no wrong way to go

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

eonwe posted:

im going to buy this game for Switch tonight

I passed it up on PC because I didn't have a good controller at the time

any good hints? I heard there is some place called 'Deep' something that I should probably wait on till I upgrade

There are no wrong directions

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Explore everything! The game is full of hidden secrets. Pay attention to signs! The game has a lot of destructible objects and I see a lot of people break the signs without even looking at them. They point you to good stuff!

Also, importantly - don't worry about dying. It'll happen, but it'll never set you far back! The game gets comparisons to Dark Souls because you leave your currency where you die, but unlike Dark Souls you don't need that currency to progress your character so losing it really isn't that bad (even if it can feel bad) Just explore the game and have fun basically :toot:

Losing souls is not a big deal in dark souls either

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

enojy posted:

Highly recommend you follow this very lightly spoilery progression guide, at least until you get access to all mobility options. My first playthrough was blind and I just went wherever I felt like, and had to do a whole shitload of backtracking because I'd reach an inaccessible path. Kinda a sour feeling to spend a half hour pushing in one direction for the dozenth time, only to reach yet another ledge I could get to if I had double jump god damnit.............

Once you get the powerups listed in that guide, go wherever you want with only occasional backtracking!

I highly recommend you don't

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

redreader posted:

I'm like probably 1/3rd of the way into the game and really liking it, and not sure if I should also get the switch version? I have the PC version and it's great. I can play with a gamepad on the couch. I just, IDK. Is the switch version super good?

The Switch version is pretty much perfect

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Also hey since the Hornet DLC no longer exists I don't have to wait for it to come out to start a new run of HK :toot:

wasn't it going to be a standalone anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

White palace rules as does Celeste