Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

McCloud posted:

If the voters can't be arsed to vote for better candidates, then they deserve Trump, imo.

i voted for bernie in the primary and gloria la riva in the general

i think i voted for the better candidates where possible :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

This is very good and interesting but the million dollar questions are a) can this be repeated elsewhere and b) does he manage reelection without a big fat Trump-shaped weight hanging on the Republicans' necks?

it's been repeated 3 times in the state lk

you can try to be a little less pessimistic you know?

as for "trump made this possible!!!" that's doubtful. oklahoma voted for ford after he pardoned nixon, and oklahoma loves arpaio so trump pardoning him (and banning immigrants, the wall, etc) should all be plusses for oklahoma under current theory and your reasoning

Condiv fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 13, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

Donald J. Trump is President of the United States of America with the Democratic Party in opposition, and we have about 10 years to 180 as a species to save ourselves from global warming. :v:

it's been repeated 3 times since his election, and there's nothing much that trump's done that would piss off oklahomans. we're talking about a state that voted ford after he pardoned nixon's criminal bullshit

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

like, i dunno how you go from arguing "the south is too racist to vote for progressives!" to "donald trump is bringing the republican party down in the eyes of oklahomans!!"

it doesn't make a single bit of sense

border wall? racist oklahomans would love it

deporting dreamers? ditto

blocking people from entering the US cause they're too brown? ultra ditto

what's the thing trump did that would piss oklahoma off?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

It's possible for Donald Trump to make Republicans less popular but for Republicans to still win anyway because they're liked more than Democrats in Republican states, for example.

That said, when I said "elsewhere" I more so meant "other states." It being possible in Oklahoma is a good sign though.

oklahoma is a major republican state, steeped in patriotism, lots of military worship, etc.

hell, our current governor had her daughter living in a trailer home on the lawn of the state capitol for a period.

dems being electable here, when every drat county in the state has gone republican the past few presidential elections, and dems have slowly became extinct in the state government is an extremely good sign

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Avirosb posted:

I know a couple of people ITT who would contest that second point.

obama at least had a personality and knew he had to pander

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

if hillary had won the primary in 2008 we may have had mccain/palin for president/vice president

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Fans posted:

ACA passed with 0 republican votes didn't it? Why do people keep saying the Dems needed to compromise? Their compromises got them gently caress all.

they had to compromise with blue dogs apparently

and yet dems still don't want medicare for all to be a litmus test, cause then we might lose our poor bluedogs who make us write lovely, compromised legislation :qq:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

McCloud posted:

They needed to compromise with turds like Lieberman, who alone did tremendous damage to the ACA. But again, it was a big improvement.

maybe we should make single-payer a litmus test then so we can't have tremendously damaging turds like lieberman in our party (and as potential veeps)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Mechafunkzilla posted:

They tried kicking Lieberman out, he won as an independent.

how about, he should've never been a democrat to start with? and he didn't win for long as an independent now did he?

maybe we should be kicking out scum like pelosi who refuse to support workable healthcare when our nation needs it so badly?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

maybe lieberman's win had something to do with the dems refusing to support lamont?

quote:

The story of the national Democratic Party's abandonment of Lamont will likely be written more fully in the coming weeks, with explanations of both how this happened and even more importantly, why. But the broad strokes are obvious: Almost every major figure in national Democratic politics save John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Wes Clark and John Edwards refused to seriously help the Lamont campaign. We saw this coming when, right after Lieberman lost the primary, he was welcomed with a standing ovation back to the Senate club by his Democratic colleagues. Subsequently, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid indicated that Lieberman's seniority would be preserved if he won reelection, despite the fact that he officially abandoned the party. To understand how much this abandonment affected the race, consider that Lieberman bragged in October to the Associated Press that he was actively using Reid's promise of seniority to promote his key "experience and seniority" argument -- and that such an argument was helping him win over voters. On Election Day, Lieberman appeared on Fox News to thank the national Democratic Party for refusing to help Lamont, the Democratic nominee.

:thunk:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

"

joepinetree posted:

I just listened to PSA's interview with Clinton. I think a lot of people already talked about the most egregious points. But the thing that really bugged me was that she claimed that in 2008 she ran a campaign on the issues, unlike Bernie. And that she quit as soon as she lost. Unfortunately, none of the PSA guys pushed back (though you could see that Lovett was trying to). But yeah, the "try to get this photo of Obama in African garb - but call it Muslim garb - into as many news programs as possible" strategy was totally about the issues. As was the "I am not quitting because someone might decide to kill the first Black nomination winner" part.

"is obama a muslim? not as far as i know..." - bernie in 2008 probably

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

I think this is really uncharitable, I don't imagine he'd be great on foreign policy given his record (in comparison to what we need to change, not compared to previous presidents) but he wouldn't be in the same ballpark as Trump and I highly doubt he'd commit to any kind of surge.

I'm gonna hold his attempt to dump waste in poor Hispanic communities against him until he apologizes though. :colbert:

I mean, dems in general have been poo poo on this stuff. Or are we forgetting both hillary and obama being fine with the dapl going under the water source for native americans.

Yeah, Bernie's got his weaknesses. He's bad on Israel, bad on war, etc. But he's the best choice we've had in a long time

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Chilichimp posted:

Is this the democrats thread that the Trump thread has banished primary chat to?

it's the one the whiners redirect people to yeah

oddly enough, primary chat isn't a huge component of what goes on here, but people in the trump thread are allergic to discussing anything but how terrible republicans are

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Chilichimp posted:

*Tim Allen confused grunt*

:confused: they definitely are terrible, but the dems need to improve a lot. this thread is for arguing about the democrats

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Office Pig posted:

Kind of, sort of, but usually not really. The primaries usually come up as contextualization for the state of the party over the past eight years - the past several decades if you really want to dig - and understanding the spiritual crisis that has been lying dormant beneath this farcical 'end of history' era hell we're living in.

It's also where Hillarybook gets posted so, uh, yes it's also primary chat.

i mean, hillarybook is concentrated primary chat so that's a bit unavoidable :whitewater:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

thinking about closing this thread so the whiny people won't have a thread to whine people should go to anymore

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Chilichimp posted:

I'm tired and misread you post, my bad.

no problem

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

WampaLord posted:

I can see an argument for either option, I guess it's up to you.

I still enjoy the thread, though. Also, if you kill it, the rule will just be "no primary chat ever"

is it really a rule though? is there any actual mod decision that there's "no primary chat ever" where primary chat is whatever whiners get a hair up their rear end about that day?

apparently discussing the GE is primary chat. also hillary's book. also hillary. can't talk about bernie either. nancy pelosi? only if you praise her

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

steinrokkan posted:

There needs to be a thread that is not quite the suck zone, not quite the trump thread. This one fulfills a niche that is important, as evidenced by the traffic it draws. If anything, it may need a refresh with a new OP and new rules against the most obvious trolling efforts.

any suggestions?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i'll sleep on refreshing the thread. any suggestions on a new op and rules are welcome. i assume jc will still be banned from the new one, but I guess i should pm r. guyovich wrt that

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

unsurprising that hillary is a hamilton freak

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

That is exactly what is being encouraged.

title checks out

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Back at ya bro. Some of us actually need to live in the US.

why are you calling me sexy? you a masochist or something?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

C. Everett Koop posted:

well is the avatar accurate or not

it is, but i don't want that kind of attention from yronic :ohdear:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

I can't help it accelerationism is just so :gizz:

i'm not into any of your sick fetishes yronic :whitewater:

masochism, accelerationism, keep that stuff to yourself thanks. maybe pm call to action he'd probably hook up with you

Condiv fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 14, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Kilroy posted:

"See I just can't take leftists seriously because they're always talking about "eat the rich" and I'm not a cannibal." :colbert:

*looks at thread title* :thunk:

Maybe you're just too dumb to post good, yronic.

i mean, his title says as much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

new thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834630

• Locked thread