Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Avirosb posted:

I have no idea who that is but it all depends on the individual states and their ways of voting I guess.

Frankly, if you don't know who that is, what the gently caress are you doing in this thread?

If you're just going to poo poo all over us and be ignorant as gently caress while doing it, please stop. Maybe go back and read the thread from the beginning, you might learn something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Avirosb posted:

I wouldn't be the only one then.
People talk about "hijacking" or "taking back" the democratic party but seems to have no idea how to accomplish it.

Why are you expecting great things to come from a SA thread?

The real work is being done by leftist organizations all across the country. Many of the thread regulars have posted of their experience with these organizations. The work is being done, you're just expecting it to show up in this thread for some really stupid reason.

This thread is for debate and discussion, it's not the central wing of the DSA. And yes, hard things are hard, thanks for pointing out the obvious. If all you're going to do is poo poo on us, you can just stop posting. Like this loving turd of a post:

Avirosb posted:

I sincerely doubt it.

Was this post entertaining/informative/worthwhile? No? Then don't post it! That's the rules of the forum!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

InnercityGriot posted:

The dirty secret is that this is the actual good thread.

:yeah:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm not super sure that jerking each other off because the GOP is sabotaging itself is the smartest possible reaction here.

Letting people celebrate is good for morale.

Enjoy the wins, no matter how small they might seem. I enjoyed the gently caress out of Obamacare being saved, even if I want a more comprehensive system.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Not intentional, I have used my mistrust of this thread to shitpost, and I will try and not do that as there are some very legitimate good faith posters here that want what I want, but use very different means. Not everyone is NFS, and it took some time for me to see this. WampaLord really helped me with this as well.

Hey, Irma kept me out of the thread for a few days, but I was catching up on posts and I wanted to say that I'm glad I was able to convince you that this thread (unlike the Dems) is not a waste.

(By the way, everyone I know is totally safe and cool, we got extremely lucky that it weakened and moved the way it did and didn't wipe Tampa off the map)

Ultimately, though, I just want to ask you if the overall message we're trying to convey is getting through to you. You seem like you're kinda slowly eventually thinking about abandoning centrism, but you seem reluctant to fully embrace actual progressivism/leftism. Am I reading your posts correctly in this interpretation?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

McCloud posted:

Like, there's a big difference between Obama using his supermajority to pass healthcare reform and stimulus bill which saved the economy, and Trump who used his Supermajority to ?!?!?

Point of technical correction - Trump just has a majority, not a super majority.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Avirosb posted:

I know a couple of people ITT who would contest that second point.

Candidate Obama was a loving perfect politician. Too bad he turned into President Obama.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

McCloud posted:

I'm not complaining about the leftists, I'm saying that there was a rationale behind the dems actions and strategy, and that if it wasn't sound at least there was some reasoning behind it.

loving :laffo:

"Our strategy totally failed, but at least we had a bad strategy!"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Condiv posted:

thinking about closing this thread so the whiny people won't have a thread to whine people should go to anymore

I can see an argument for either option, I guess it's up to you.

I still enjoy the thread, though. Also, if you kill it, the rule will just be "no primary chat ever"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

In my more cynical moods, I've thought that Fred Rogers did a disservice by teaching children that they are loved in a cold, unforgiving world and that by pulling the wool over their eyes he created adults who weren't fully mentally equipped to handle reality, who had their own children and the cycle continued.

I really don't like the idea that Mr. Rogers was Always Bad but gently caress if it ain't starting to come true...

You are literally a nonperson. Holy gently caress, go rediscover your soul you broken loving goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yelling at individual voters is pointless.

If CMC tries to quote this and act smug, when we call you a Trump voter, we're not yelling at you for your choice (well, some of us are) we're just using it as proof you're a loving idiot.

• Locked thread