Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I voted Hillary because she was the flaming pile of dogshit we've already had rather than the larger, more volatile and exotic flaming pile that Trump is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
When are we allowed to start killing and eating rich people?

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Things said by my (democrat) parents:

"the democrats are bad too"
"there's no such thing as a partisan judge"
"you can't just oppose everything the republicans do"
"they (the republicans) don't hate minorities"

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
"we're concerned about your intolerance (towards republicans)"

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Maybe we bar anyone with a net worth higher than 1 million or so from holding any office and also hang every lobbyist

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Ah, so this is how America officially turns into a Theocracy

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Maybe if they just ran on a real leftist platform that would help poor people then both poor blacks and poor whites would vote for you.

Nah better swerve hard right to capture those mythical moderates.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Condiv posted:

then how do you discuss working class people of color?

They don't exist, silly. All poc are glass tower liberal elites.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
If they don't propose actual leftist policies I will grab someone off the street and scream at them until I pass out.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Maybe we should should just let nuclear war happen and start this whole government thing over again, see if we can get it right on another playthrough.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Purity tests that aren't bigly pedantic are good actually as that's how you weed out the conservatives who say they're Democrats to get more votes/pretend they aren't Republicans.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

The Kingfish posted:

Hope I'm never put in a situation where I'm forced to work 60 hours a week while raising a child by myself.

I guess being in that type of situation would be pretty negligent of me.

Well you see non-wealthy single moms don't actually deserve their kids because

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
gently caress anybody who thinks jailing truant parents is a thing you should do

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
"Look, murdering poor people is what all candidates espouse. There are no other alternatives so you're just going to have to abide by that forever." /s

Syenite fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 6, 2017

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
*lifts impediments to outsourcing jobs to countries with cheap cheap slave labor* "wow where did all those jobs go whelp nothing we can do now move along"

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

None of you think big enough. We used to do great loving things in this country, why can't we do them again?

Build some loving brand new cities in Montana and Utah, poo poo we got plenty of land. Give people WPA style job programs, rebuild infrastructure, go to Mars, gently caress, let's just try to do something!

Nah those take real effort and might end up causing social change that disrupts the establishment. Better to just slowly siphon off wealth and vitality from the human race until everyone dies in misery except for the ultra rich.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
People got suckered in by Obama, then Hillary lost an election that should've been literally unloseable to any Democrat with a shred of not-neoliberal appeal. The dems don't seem to be learning. Jesus gently caress the crazies are going to get a majority big enough to ram through constitutional amendments.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
lmao what is this loving awful take http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
It's a joke about how the dems knee-jerk reaction is to lurch right when threatened, using not being as lovely on LGBT rights as the crazies as a smokescreen so they can say they're actually really progressive and entitled to everybody's votes.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Well you see, actually *projectile vomits TERF fecal matter all over thread*

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure Sneakster is just trolling, but trans women are women full stop. If individuals want to be lovely to trans people, then yes they do have a right to be terrible people. But those terrible people views need to get right the gently caress out of the law.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Not to distract from this really good conversation, but I got a question about the Democrats. What would they do if Trump isn't president in 2018? If he resigns or dies or something, what then?If Democrats can't run under the message "Trump is bad" what would their message be?

"Vote for us because we don't have an R next to our names, therefore we deserve all your votes"
*gets smashed by Republicans who actually do the lovely things their base wants them to*

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I suggest you folks just use the ignore feature like I did, considering they're just trolling

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I'd be behind just about any candidate who actually talked about the things that are bad about the country in specific terms and promised to do specific things to fix those wrongs.

But nope gotta peddle that "hope" and "change" and other words you don't have to convert into actual policy. Wouldn't want to offend all those donors who are way more important than their constituency.

Also something something yucky poors something something.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Well, they are a low effort troll who's pretty much just browsing TERF sites and copy-pasting arguments that sound right.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Again, is a troll

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Is Hillary really that transparently greedy and ambitious that she'd gently caress over the party's chances and also millions upon millions of people's safety and wellbeing just to get that sweet, sweet oval office she "deserves"?

Apparently so.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Lmao billions of dollars in shady funding and they can't even buy up domains people might accidentally enter and install redirects.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

BadOptics posted:

Does Just War Theory include a relentless terror campaign involving drones which may occasionally kill US citizens without due process?

If it let's them pump up the military-industrial complex (it does) then absolutely. Money is way more important than the occasional citizen or busload of children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Lmao Hillary gave a eulogy for Edie Windsor, the woman who brought the case that overturned the defense of marriage act.

Just don't worry about how it was her husband who passed it in the first place, and how she gave a passionate speech arguing in its favor.

loving hell.

• Locked thread