Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm just going to point out real quick that using "centrist" as an insult is both loving creepy and alienating your potential allies (the Center being somewhere left of insane republicans).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

Maarek posted:

Yes, look at how increasing radicalization has hurt the Republican party in the last 8 years.

This is actually a fairly good point, but if you had a democrat party that you were expected to religiously toe the line of at all times for fear of political and social rejection, would you even want it?

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

You're right, we should be more like our allies - we need our insults to be uplifting, like "Bernie Bro," is. From now on we should probably retire "Centrist" and go with "Hillary Bot."

Yeah just go hard left and see if you win any elections I guess. It's worth a try.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

Condiv posted:

going centrist sure as hell doesn't. that's why we're in such dire straights!

Or we could be some sort of coalition? I mean I know idiological purity is important in this radicalized age and all but eating each other probably isn't the answer.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

Kilroy posted:

The left has been trying that for about thirty years or more. Turns out that an alliance with nihilists isn't worth much.

Like, don't confuse talking about "centrists" in D&D with talking about people who just have moderate political views. We're referring specifically to the people who run the DNC (and their idiotic defenders here) who have basically no ideology to speak of, aside from power for its own sake. Establishment Democrats aren't in politics to make the world a better place, or for that matter really do much of anything when in office other than the bare minimum their constituency demands (assuming they can't weasel out of it somehow). They're mostly in politics because it's a good racket and because it feeds their ego. If forced to choose between sharing what power they have in the DNC, with people who want to do poo poo (which always carries some risk), and just remaining a minority party forever, they'll choose the latter. They have chosen the latter. These are the shitheads we're talking about - not people who aren't ideologically leftist enough. I know that gets lost in the rhetoric sometimes but that's what it is. I mean I can only speak for myself but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this.

And... do these people actually exist or is that how it looks to you? Real question I'm curious..

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

Maarek posted:

Either GA-06 was a winnable race that the party was correct to throw millions of dollars into through their Panera Bread Strategy or it was a massive boondoggle and the money would have been better spent somewhere else.

And no matter which it is you will still complain. You will literally complain if he wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

C. Everett Koop posted:

because they ran a current day slaveowner as their nominee for president.

There's nothing for anyone to be happy about here.

Jesus christ, get over it.

• Locked thread