Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
"Megalomaniacal Antipodean sex pest" is a reference to noted Australian rapist Julian Assange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

get out fascist sympathizer, you're not welcome here

go hang out with your FBI handlers

The easiest way to get me to stop posting here is for you to stop posting easily disproven nonsense. I just can't resist low hanging fruit.

Kilroy posted:

Oh was Joy talking about Nazis on TDS? My mistake.

Do you think there's an important distinction between nazis and plain old white supremacist trump supporters?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

JeffersonClay posted:

The easiest way to get me to stop posting here is for you to stop posting easily disproven nonsense. I just can't resist low hanging fruit.

Great example:

Condiv posted:

the man joy reid agrees with:

https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/902625347568533504

yep no transhate here no siree

I am by no means a twitter expert but I'm pretty sure liking a tweet is not an endorsement of everything that person has ever done or written. If you could somehow stop yourself from posting the dumbest poo poo imaginable, you wouldn't have to suffer me correcting you.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

Democrats still being anti-Chelsea Manning is pretty much indefensible at this point, if it ever was at all, JC. Chelsea Manning is, and always was, cool and good.

(assange sucks and can gently caress off)

I don't think Chelsea manning is somehow beyond any and all criticism by democrats. To wit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/xychelsea/status/902193489311621120

And if we're using Condiv logic, Chelsea manning has said nice things about Julian Assange and wikileaks, who actively support trump, and therefore she's a fascist bootlicker.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

If you spent years in jail for daring to bring forth evidence that your nation had committed atrocities, under administrations from both parties, you'd have a chip on your shoulder too.

Besides, Chelsea Manning doesn't do anything now. She's a Twitter personality who sometimes posts her personal political views and sometimes her fabulous fashion pictures (like for real though goddamn), but the important things that make her worth knowing about happened a decade ago and anybody still taking a second to whine about her is being a prick.

If she's tweeting dumb poo poo about both parties being the same in the same week where trump bans transgendered people from the military and dismantles DACA, she deserves some pushback. I'm not sure people taking the time to treat her political views seriously and comment on them is some terrible crime.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

>treat her views seriously
>write screeds about how she only gets a pass for being trans
"Both sides are the same" is like the lowest hanging bad opinion fruit, who honestly cares?

Yes, ignoring her like some cute trans mascot is actually worse than engaging with her politics on their merits.

steinrokkan posted:

This transgendered people deserves to be tarred and feathered for her views on gender politics. So say I, the guy whose views are synonymous with losing.

Excellent reading fail here.

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah but Joy Reid is really dumb and bad dude, like to the extent that I think even you would agree about it. She has posted roughly a zillion hilariously bad takes since the election.

Like that might well be true but I don't think "Julian Assange is a megalomaniacal rapist" and "democrats shouldn't spend a lot of effort trying to appeal to white supremacists" are among them, as Condiv apparently does.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

You shouldn't ignore her because she's a "cute trans mascot," you should ignore her because she's not relevant anymore. That's not a criticism - she paid her dues. But her opinions don't matter and she's not posting anything particularly offensive. Come back if she posts something racist and I might give a poo poo.

"There's no difference between the democrats and republicans" is offensively dumb. If tweeting about Chelsea Manning' tweets is a dumb waste of time, what is posting about people tweeting about Chelsea manning' tweets?

Ytlaya posted:

Also, while the "fascist sympathizer" stuff might seem dumb (since I'm sure you probably don't actively hold any views that are particularly fascist), the main point is that you have the sort of political views/opinions that result in allowing such harmful movements to grow without real resistance. Like, I hate to do a Godwin, but Germany's petit bourgeois liberals - who probably didn't necessarily hold Nazi views themselves - effectively ended up aiding the Nazis through similar inaction and not resisting them until it was too late. To be clear, I don't think we're hearing down the path to Nazis taking power or anything; the argument here is just that you're the sort of person who would be complicit in allowing such a thing if it actually did happen.

Oh Jesus, gently caress that noise. If you don't think Bernie would have won you're aiding the Nazis is some brain dead logic.

quote:

Yeah, but JC's posting has always struck me more as someone who just has a bizarre contrarian hatred towards leftists than someone who is ideologically committed to Hillary and what have you (like all the hillfolk twitter people or Fulchrum). His style is more to just focus on the lowest hanging fruit of things he sees leftists (or people otherwise opposed to the mainstream Democratic Party) saying than to specifically come out in support of the most dumb things liberals post.

I have to share a coalition with y'all. Smart leftist arguments actually help the Democratic Party--I see no reason to refute them. Dumb leftist arguments, like for instance "there's no difference between the parties", harm the Democratic Party and are intensely annoying. Dismantling those arguments both feels good and benefits us all. And since you won't police yourselves, I've found a niche.

quote:

Let's just test this instead. JC, below are a few Joy Ann Reid tweets that are unambiguously hilariously dumb. I'm gonna generously assume that you would agree these are some phenomenally dumb takes.

Those are dumb tweets.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Casting left-Dems' proposed strategy as "trying to appeal to white supremacists" is, in fact, a terrible, extremely misleading take.

She was criticizing the idea that democrats should try to win back trump supporters. If that's not your strategy, don't get upset at the statement? Did she make any reference to the left at all in that interview? I don't see it in the transcript.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Jizz Festival posted:

The point of "both parties are the same" is to say that the democrats are just as reprehensible as the republicans, not that their actions in every situation are completely the same.

That's still an offensively stupid argument.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Joy Ann Reid doesn't hate transgendered people, she hates Chelsea manning and her politics. Similarly, Condiv doesn't hate black women, he just hates joy Ann Reid and her politics.

Condiv, you never tried to answer the question: if criticizing antifa makes you a fascist sympathizer, why doesn't criticizing democrats make you a trump sympathizer? This seems pretty relevant for you in particular, because you also regurgitate trump's propaganda whenever you think it's useful as a bludgeon against the democrats. And given that the person most responsible for the recent rise in nazi and white supremacist violence is Donald Trump, doesn't that make you a fascist supporter, as well?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Because Democrats aren't anti-Trump, they only resist his most egregious ideas. Hillary wanted him to win the primary, remember.

Also, no one wants you here, get out you fascist sympathizer. If you hate antifa, you're pro fascism.

E: vvv oh god, accusations of racism, right on cue. She's on TV, she's visible, that's why she gets criticized. Also she has really really dumb ideas.

Democrats arent anti trump--probably the stupidest assertion in this thread. Like do you think you're doing the left any favors by making the dumbest arguments imaginable on their behalf? Do you want me to quote people in this thread losing their poo poo at the suggestion democrats might base their strategy entirely around opposing trump?

For the record I do not hate antifa and I find their nazi punching very cathartic. Whether it's going to pay any political dividends, or any more than nonviolent direct action, I'm more skeptical.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

it's pretty amusing that Jc would imply I'm racist.

I clearly stated that you weren't, why are you so goddamn terrible at reading?

JeffersonClay posted:

Condiv doesn't hate black women, he just hates joy Ann Reid and her politics.

Condiv posted:

Imagine I posted Feinstein's recent "we have to give trump a chance!" bullshit here

Dianne Feinstein says dumb thing that she walks back =/= democrats support trump. And while it's bad to suggest trump might be able to get better by learning from his mistakes, at least Feinstein didn't regurgitate a bunch of trump's propaganda, as you do compulsively.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

shrike82 posted:

This thread not being able to police a single troll is a good summary of why decentralized, non-hierarchical protest orgs like antifa and OWS always fail

Positions like "democrats and republicans are not the same" and "democrats are opposed to trump" aren't trolling or in bad faith. This thread is easy to rile up because it's full of terrible posters with terrible opinions who are looking for the comfort of an echo chamber that I'm happy to disrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
If you make a thread called "the democrats are a waste" in debate and discussion, you should probably be prepared to see arguments like "no they aren't" without melting down.

JeffersonClay fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 2, 2017

• Locked thread