Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I love that you're weaselling into arguing that you don't have to vote against the fascist.

This poo poo really reeks of leftist myopia a la Weimar leftists and the Nazis.

My precious ideological purity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

A vote for fascism then, awesome.

Stop pretending you're speaking for the good of the public then.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I love how leftists can't help themselves. Voting for Hillary literally made Trump the president whereas the Bernie voters like Condiv who didn't bother voting in the actual elections out of disgust were doing the morally right thing because they didn't owe anything to Abuela.

Good job Condiv and I expect 8 years of Trump because you won't vote for Corey Booker in 2020.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Kilroy posted:

Okay will do. Get hosed.

That's great! Finally someone actually doing what they profess and joining a leftist party.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Aah the Kaepernick defense.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Kilroy posted:

Uh remember when you mentioned we should join the DSA? I will vote for the most leftist candidate on the ballot in 2020. Thanks.

That's great! Just don't vote for Jill stein again

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Yeah it's pretty funny how half of the leftists here didn't even bother voting in the election and are beating their chests about how the Democrat party needs to listen to them.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Again, if you didn't bother voting for Hillary in an election against an orange fascist, the Democrat party isn't for you?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

That's true so join the DSA and don't bother with the Democrat party.

Why moan and gnash about a party that doesn't represent you?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Thanks. I'm just concerned with this white chapo trap house strain of leftism that's prioritizing issues like the white racist working class over gender and ethnic minorities.

If I manage to get a couple leftists to vote for Corey Booker, that's great!

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

"you don't know anything about politics" says the man who voted for Jill Stein.

Good one kilroy

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

ooh we've got an actual defender of chapo itt.

So why do you think the white racist class should be prioritized over gender and ethnic minorities?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

You must be posting from an alternate universe where Jill won. What do you without vaccines mate?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I think it's pretty safe to say none of the leftists here voted for Hillary which is pretty hilarious.

Charlie voted for Trump.
Condiv for Sanders.
Kilroy for Stein.

Lmao

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 common posters in this thread who didn't vote or voted for some third party candidate like Stein (and that's ignoring the fact that if they did so in a non-swing state, there really wasn't any potential harm caused).

Call Me Charlie posted:

That was 2012. In 2016, I voted for Trump after voting for Bernie in the primary.

If I'm going to take the blame for all the world's woes from centrist assholes like you, I'd rather do it in a world where TPP is dead and all the terrible things that happen land squarely at the feet of republicans :shrug:

lol

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

It's kinda sad that you have to make personal attacks - "he must be a centrist because a leftist dumped him".
But I guess that's par for the course for Sanderistas being blind about race, gender, or any issues outside of white needs.

We're seeing the exact same white leftist accelerationism play out in France with white leftists literally saying there's no difference between Le Pen and Macron. Only someone without any ties to immigrant, ethnic minorities can say.

But good that you can claim that you're ideologically pure while Trump continues to trample over minorities.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Err, that's the exact opposite of what Killary did.

If anything, Sanderistas have been beating Abuela's campaign over the head about how she should have focused on winning the 50%+1 over trying to run the board.

Stein 2020 I guess.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Weren't the faithless electors trying to vote for Sanders?

Talk about Sanders supporters trying to spin leftists being faithless into a fault of Hillary's

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Iron Twinkie posted:

He's not talking about where she ran adds but what was she was actually selling. Hillary ran on 75% Trump bad and the remaining 25% was a mix of idpol and centrism. If you were part of the 4/5ths of the country that's slowly rotting and weren't all that afraid of Trump, she offered you nothing.

I didn't realize Trump won the election with 80% of the vote. It's really too bad Bernie with the popularity of leftism in the country couldn't even win the primaries.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Lower than hated centrists Obama and his wife.

Again, seems to run counter to Americans loving leftism and hating neoliberalism.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

OK, let's see Bernie run against Corey Booker in 2020.
I can't wait to see a rehash of this except with Bernie aged another 3 years and with less popularity.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Man, it's something to see Sanderistas doubling down on wanting to fault Hillary for Bernie electors choosing to be faithless.

That's something special alright.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

4 out of 8 but what's fudging numbers between leftists

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I can see this self-deception that seems endemic to Bernie voters about basic facts of the election becoming an issue in 2020 and becoming a more general leftist "stabbed in the back" cultural myth a la Chapo Trap House "actually the Russians aren't that bad compared to hated Killary" bullshit.

But again, I suspect most of these extreme Sanders-supporters are 100% white males and don't have to worry about deportations or healthcare for women.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

You should stop invoking Chapo Trap House when you clearly know nothing about them.

I mean, what, do you just get your entire worldview from Kurt Eichenwald tweets, because if so, your posting makes a lot more sense.

Nah, I gave them a listen and it's a patreon-funded million dollar payout for a bunch of educated unemployed white men playing at leftists while not engaging in any real activism.

Slacktivism at its best but I love Bernie voters coming out of the woodwork to defend them.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Pretty hilarious to see Sanderites who themselves voted for Trump (e.g., Call me Charlie), or third party losers like Stein (e.g., Kilroy and VitalSigns) have to resort to accusing Democrats of voting for Trump.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

No, I agree that Bernie should run against Corey Booker in 2020.
We'll test the hypothesis in real life of whether personality killed Abuela's campaign or whether it was neoliberalism.

My personal bet is that Booker will win so having a healthy culling of Sanderites especially since Bernie will be pushing 80 in 2020 isn't a bad thing.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

There's something to be said about how the leftist movement is so vacuous that they'll have to draft an 80-year old man to lead their movement.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Sanders electors voting for Powell is something stupid.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Stuff like this and the DNC saying in court that they aren't obliged to hold fair primaries should make the average leftist why they bother voting for Democrats at all.

Just vote third party in 2020.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Sadly you have to pick your poison -
Sanders and Warren carry water for the Israeli occupation
Biden opposes weed legalization and pushes for capital punishment
Stein is an antivaxxer

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

You wasted your vote, Trump won. :smugdon:

awww I thought my post was good too

I've learnt my lesson and am voting third party in 2020!

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I didn't realize the Muslims have approved a vote for Le Pen over Macron but thanks for speaking for them.

And TIC, given your consistent racism about Arab/Muslim malice in any Israeli-Palestine thread, I'm not surprised you're pushing for Le Pen.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

To use the same argument, if leftism is so self-evidently popular, why can't it succeed by itself?

Not just in the US but literally any country in the world.

QED

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

And that makes Trump win 80% of the vote how?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Ah but social democracy has the advantage of being morally good, as well as a solid record of superior performance to liberalism on every metric except "do the rich love it".

Neoliberalism on the other hand, has the arguments that it's Sensible and Serious, and that it wins elections. But the first two were never true and now it doesn't even have the third going for it.

It's really too bad most social democracies across the world are moving towards neoliberalism whether it's UK, France, or Germany.

Again, if leftism is so self-evidently popular, why can't it succeed?

:allears:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I'm happy to talk about American history. It's a lot more interesting than white male leftists prioritizing their middle class needs over ethnic minorities and women's healthcare.

Obsessing about how Hillary and Obama are anti-left neoliberals in light of the House voting to repeal Obamacare is really eye opening.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

And we're now at the stage that leftists are blaming Hillary and Obama on Republicans killing Obamacare.

I have to admit being surprised at the depth of the Obama Derangement Syndrome at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Are leftists seriously telling centrists to join the GOP now?

• Locked thread