Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Beerdeer posted:

So they should have kept Krakoa the first time they ran into it and they should have monetized Utopia.

It’s simple really, you pave paradise and put up a parking lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

FilthyImp posted:

Iirc "Radiation" was like the big reason why most on the first X-Men had powers. Children of the Atom and all that.

Apocalypse being the first mutant can’t have had much to do with radiation though, so that must have been softly retconned

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I also thought Iceman WAS ice, the scene of him covering himself in snow kinda threw me off

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think the argument is more: There are so many loving X-men that no matter what you do, who you focus on, what kind of story you tell - there will be X-men “fans” who are pissed off Character Y isn’t loving Person Z and acting like Anecdote A.