Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

There are so many cancelled or relaunched books that are still listed in Unlimited as 201X-present. They need to do some cleanup on dates, all the Secret Wars minis are 2015-present, as are both recent Howard The Duck series, which are both cancelled.

That's nothing. I'm reading Journey Into Mystery on Marvel Unlimited before catching up with Jason Aaron's Thor. It' listed as until present as well.

Journey Into Mystery (2011 - Present)
The last issue is #655, Added to Marvel Unlimited February 03, 2014.

IUG fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just got the three X-Men Omnibusses and called it a day. No way am I going to try to get those issues. I lugged the first volume to Toronto's ComicCon 2 years ago and got Stan Lee's autograph too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nightcrawler for sure too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

rantmo posted:

Never, I am 100% prepared to die upon that hill. If nothing else, they deserve to be full-on, no-poo poo X-Men.

You have my sword.

IUG fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 15, 2017

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I looked at next week's releases now that they're up on Preview's website. X-Men Red comes out a week from today. Has the author of Red done anything well received yet?

I only read Astonishing and that Gambit/Rogue mini, so it's not like I really need to buy every title that comes out X-Men related.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ah, alright. I guess I'll pick up the first issue at least. I did a search on that title, and the synopsis on one of the sites was literally "According to a Marvel press release, the series will feature new uniforms, a new team headquarters, new characters, and a surprise villain." Which is like saying "this X-Men comic will be sold in paper form!".

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Was anyone clamoring for vampire storm to hang around?

Dracula?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

It immediately took me out of Red when the torch and pitchfork lynch mob, which itself was pretty absurd, had literal pitch torches.

I thought it was a callback to when Nightcrawler was recruited. Especially since he's there to get them out of there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Man, I read that New Mutants: Dead Souls last night. I was pretty excited to read a new New Mutants comic, but that was pretty awful. The art wasn't great in my opinion, especially the facial expressions that didn't seem to match what they were saying/reacting to. It was paced too fast, and the action didn't flow well, like there was missing panels between panels. And the whole story is just a zombie attack? Not much a story to stay interested in it. Also, my wife insists it isn't, but I could have sworn calling someone a "twink" was a slur.

IUG fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 17, 2018

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wow, that last page of Legion was one hell of an ending. Should have seen it coming with David's shirt...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

good day for a bris posted:

Spoil it please? I'm not gonna be able to make it to the shop for a while.

This is a spoiler of the ending of Legion. The doctor helps Legion win against Lord Trama by coming to terms with her own. She is put in a coma during this. David goes into the astral plane and sees her struggle while he's being healed by her actions (floating just out her window). Then she wakes up and realizes that she's been doing all her celebrity shrink work for the fame. She decides to go to a third world country under war. She's giving psychological help to victims effected by the war, and is a lot more fulfilled.

This is a spoiler for the last page of Legion. Turns out she never woke up from the coma. Everything you see after she "wakes up" is just a fantasy he gave her, since he put her in a coma.

Thinking about it some more, there's another wink. They say the mother comes in from England I believe. But the comic makes it look like this is all in one day, and the mother got there awfully quick. Plus, Legion is also moving around the astral plane for a while, when the doctor is doing the combat. I haven't re-read that, but I imagine that David was cured for a while, and stuck around the hospital for a while hoping she would wake up. He probably did the fantasy when he realized she's never going to.

Synthbuttrange posted:

How'd he come back after erasing himself from existence in the last series anyway?

They never say how.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"it could very well be the X-Men’s FINAL mission!"
Narrator voice: "It wasn't".

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Remy would be bad, but hopefully there's only an Annie Marie in that case.

Still would be awkward now that they're married.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I feel like this should be a new BSS rule. Any time anyone uses his name they have to type "Hell Yeah!" after it.

I gladly agree with that. But I feel like the same should be the case for Kite Man.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They were just in Mr & Mrs X, if you're looking out for them.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ugh, I just started to get back into X-Men seeing as Uncanny X-Men 1 came out, and I didn't care for the last wave. And then they do a super mini series and I'm wondering if I should even continue. I keep on forgetting about the numerous tie-ins that always kill my interest.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So then what's Rockslide's?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I might look it up, Milligan is hit or miss, but I usually like his X-Men stuff (I really don't like his Hellblazer, but I bet if he wasn't the last author on it I would view it more favorably and I don't think he knew he was going to be last when he took the job).

It was good, slightly different take on his mindscape since he has a celebrity psychologist trying to help him. That ending though... woof. (It's good, I just don't want to spoil it.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is that Warlock? If so, I'll keep my sub going.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

There's a hand that's palming that guy's junk.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The ending was very much Grandmaster Anthony's birthday party. *In come every X-Men ever, even Maggot (who I thought was dead)*

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

radlum posted:

I guess in a few hours we will know if Hickman is gonna come and save the X-Men from Rosenberg's mediocre work so far.
Is there something that is coming up "in a few hours" that with answer what Hickman is actually doing?

radlum posted:

I enjoyed Dead Souls
I feel like I was apparently the only one who hated Dead Souls. I only read it to the end because it was a mini series, but it was terrible compared to v1 or v3 New Mutants.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Looks like meat's X-Men's back on the menu pull list!

EDIT:
Who's that on the right with Colossus' skin and Magick's sword? I'm assuming far left is Nightcrawler's father.

IUG fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 23, 2019

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

X-O posted:

Hickman said some characters are from the past, some are from the present, and some you haven't ever seen but every character has a reason for being in that promo.

Ah, I've been out of X-Comics for a while, only hopping on for a few issues when Gold or this Legion/X-Man arch before bailing out because they were abysmal. I thought I missed some characters.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

(Spoilers from one year in the future.)

Comic Interview Guy: Jonathan Hickman, in your first year on the X-Men you managed to solve all the major continuity problems in the X-Franchise and made them the number one selling title again.
What is next for the mutants.

(Jonathan Hickman laughs and then flexes, turning his body metallic ala Colossus.)
Super-Hickman: HA HA HA! NOW SHOW ME A REAL CHALLENGE!

Everything in a 15 foot sphere of him takes extreme damage.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It was some Astonishing Xmen comic after Whedon. I only remember because I bought that issue despite not picking up that series. I think the gimmick with that title was each issue was self contained, so maybe it varies from issue to issue.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I would love if after the House of X and Powers Of X series that Hickman gives the group a new X-Name.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

davebo posted:

Wolverine definitely has more multi-dimensional offspring than I can keep track of. My wife and I are keeping it simple by just having one kid named Logan.

I hope you call him bub for short.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maggott but no Warlock?

(Also would have liked Legion, seeing as a mini un-un-created him.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Fritzler posted:

there are a few aspects I like. I love X-club.
I'll put my science into you! I'LL PUT ALL MY SCIENCE INTO YOU!
I have no idea what I'm saying.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can someone fill me in on what Heroes In Crisis #8 is about? I read nothing DC.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rochallor posted:

On the Krakoa world map, most of Japan has vanished. Art error... or cluuuuuue???

Hawaii was entirely missing!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Minister of Sound posted:

Please, my dear fellow goons, vote "12 + Stuff". I'm stoked to be lettering X-Men, but I'm so tired of lettering double shipping titles month after month after month.

Voted 52 issues.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Looks like I don't have Longshot Saves The Marvel Universe in my digital library, but I'm pretty sure there's something in there that lays out the insanity of the Longshot and Shatterstar relationship.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, I imagine Apocalypse gave her extremely long life. If you were to scale that timeline to fit her longest lived life, everything else would have been compressed too tightly.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sure Mr Fantastic can make a portal that opens up to the punch dimension that doesn't get a headache after a while.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I have an extra code for House of X #1 from a variant cover. I couldn't sell it (no one was buying at $2), so the first person who PM's me the name of my favorite lame-powered X-Man gets the code. I'll try to edit this when it's gone.

I don't want to poo poo up this thread, so just PM me, don't reply.

The answer was Cypher.

IUG fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 10, 2019

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

There's the X-Men Grand Design series, but they've only got up to the 80s-90s at this point.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rochallor posted:

minus up to seven days' worth of memories.

Scott knew of the mission when he got his memories back. I take that Xavier ran an extra backup before the mission, as he knew they were likely to not come back.

Like when you update your OS, you know to run an extra backup before that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I guess it sucks to be Tattoo. Fought with the X-Men a number of times, until it turns out he wasn't a mutant, it was his tattoo artist who put the symbols on him that was imbuing the powers instead.