Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

There's an Excalibur sale on Comixology so last night I bought the first 25 or so issues of it, RIP my wallet this month.

Here is my The-Only-Excalibur-Issues-You-Should-Read-Reading-Order

Claremont/Davis:
Excalibur Special Edition (aka: The Sword is Drawn)
Excalibur 1–11
Mojo Mayhem
12–19, 21–25, 27, 32–34
---------------------------
Davis:
42–52, 54–58, 61–67

Issues skipped are dumb useless fill-ins that should just be tossed into a bin.

And yes, check out the Ellis run too.
83–86, X-Calibre 1–4 (AoA), 87–94, X-Man 12, 95–103, Pryde & Wisdom 1–3

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rochallor posted:

The worst part, honestly, is that the first issue of his run opens with a Bill Sienkiewicz cover and first page, and then the rest of the issue is I don't even know, who cares, it ain't Bill Sienkiewicz.
Ha! That always bugged me too​. I did like Derick Gross' art overall, tho.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mulva posted:

I will never get the affection people have for that character, he was such a petty sociopathic gently caress up in his first few appearances I've just never been able to see the attraction.

He got better.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Aarons Quentin is always the definitive for me. That first volume of Wolverine and the X-men is just so fantastic. Its too bad the second really screws the pooch.

I wanted to, but I couldn't bring myself to care anymore about that series after the Carnival/Circus arc.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder if those are intentionally the Morrison era jackets.

I think that's pretty clear.