Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

For long runs, Otto Binder's Marvel Family work, across 12ish years and multiple titles, it's one of the best comics runs ever. His Superman work, spanning I don't know how many years (15-20?) probably had more influence on the pop culture archetype of superheroes, until at least the end of the 20th century, than any other single creator's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

X-Men Red should be a team of young leftist radicals who fix brake lights and punch local nazis.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Covok posted:

Yeah, it says a lot about who writes books especially comics that I've never seen anyone betray the real Millennial experience, according to me: working really really hard to make next to nothing at a lovely job while every single benefit that your previous generation enjoyed is slowly taking away from you and locked off because of greed until you're 24 without a kid or a house or a car and feel lucky that at least you're not working part time on minimum wage as you contemplate how to spend your 20K a year without losing your apartment.

The Champions are all pretty solidly part of the post-millennial generation. I think most "name" characters in the actual millennial age range now were created before the real world millennials were born.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

At this point, I think Corsair was born after X-Men #1, and kidnapped by the Shi'ar about a decade or so after the comic flashing back to that abduction was published.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The best part of the Mutant X issue with Bloodstorm wasn't even Bloodstorm, it was Cerebro being some sort of Douglock Deathlok.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Seriously, a Douglock Deathlok.

Should've included Lockjaw in the mix, imo.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Give blue-skinned Archangel those fiery space wings, please and thank you.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Metalshark posted:

Oof, token X-woman and Greg Land*: https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/984827070890086400 Can't say that I'm excited for the next era of Astonishing with Rosenberg's mixed track record, unless he brings it and the mystery team member is someone cool.
Don't know if Weapon X is ending, but at least Warpath is getting another appearance and I love Dazzler, but her getting Land'd again is harsh. Colossus is so dull to me and needs a rest, Beast has been better in recent Avengers than he's in the X-Books for ages and Havok has been awful since Axis so a lot of this lineup need something big to get me invested.

*Could be a mercy in light of this.

Three beefy guys and two blasty guys is not a balanced adventuring group!!!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

John Byrne's Wikiquote entry is, in several places, a masterpiece of juxtaposition. The Neil Gaiman Eternals quote leading into the Lee/Kirby Thor quote is :kiss: but there are others in there.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Covok posted:

Morrison X-men vs Claremont X-Men.

Debate & Discuss.

Morrison's run is shorter, but his Wolverine is taller.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Android Blues posted:

Also, the sentient DNA from the dawn of time twist is extremely stupid and makes no sense.

Story pitch: Three-way war between Sublime (evil DNA from the dawn of life of Earth, whose influence mutants resist), That Which Endures (evil DNA from the dawn of life of Earth, whose influence mutants resist), and the Phalanx (evil robot DNA from space, whose influence mutants resist). Late in the second act, there's a twist reveal that it's all been orchestrated by the Nate Grey's last big solo enemy (evil mitochondria from somewhat before the dawn of life on Earth, digestion by which all life on Earth now resists because of the energies of the mutant shaman) as part of a larger scheme against the Brethren (evil germs uplifted and anthropomorphized by the Celestials).

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it's absolutely no contest. Morrison's X-Men is great, Claremont basically re-invented the X-Men and defined it for multiple generations. I'm hard pressed to think of a more important or better comics run. Lee/Kirby FF and Lee/Ditko Spider-Man are the only things I can think of that come close, and those runs are shorter ( a lot shorter when it comes to Lee/Ditko Spider-Man).

Otto Binder's Superman work might not be better, I'll admit.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Her solo series apparently made it that she has a real British accent because she had some kind of psychic battle with a British classmate and absorbed parts of her mind.

Comics, man...

Almost exactly like Madonna.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rochallor posted:

30 gay X-Dudes

Would read this team book.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I hope Archangel keeps his blue skin but gets to set his wings on space-fire.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Guys

Grant Morrison's run started 18 years ago. Holy poo poo.

On-sale date: 28th August, 2019

On-sale date: 16th May, 2001

On-sale date: 8th February, 1983

Almost exactly the same amount of time in between G-Mo's first, and each of the other two. (It's like a week closer to the Claremont issue than to the Hickman.)

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 30, 2019

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Let's play a game:

Name every character involved or meaningfully mentioned in the story so far—because Hickman foreshadows from the start—who would have had the means, motive, and opportunity to insert themselves into Moira's mind in a previous lifetime, so that when her powers awaken in subsequent lifetimes, the previously inserted character's mind comes with them; who could and would want to brainjack Xavier when he scanned her in this lifetime.

For bonus points in the game, decide if it's more likely to be Sinister, a machine consciousness from the future/space, or both. Explain your reasoning.

What if we aren't seeing the professor's face because there's a red diamond thing on his forehead?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

In an X-Men run where resurrections are narratively and likely thematically central, I rather expect a major setting element called “the Phoenix” to be involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Archyduchess posted:

Doug Ramsey and Gambit take a cajun cooking class-- you'll roux the day you miss this one, true believers.