Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Question IRL posted:

Arent we making a critical assumption here?

That Power of X Timeline 1,2,3 and 4 all occur after each other.
That Timeline 3 happens 100 years after Timeline 2 and so forth.

What if...the timelines are not connected. That maybe Timeline 1 is from Moria life 10 (or her possible 11th life) and Timeline 2 is from her 6th life.
In which case all we know could be up in the air.

It could be that but the name "Powers of X" and how the timelines are "named" seem to imply these are all, well, the X timeline. Ten to the power of 0 is the first year, etc.

Plus that conversation between Cyke, Magnus and Xavier mentions project NIMROD, and we know Nimrod is a thing that began a "machine-men alliance" or whatever.

(I assume we don't use spoilers here? Yell at me if this should be spoilered)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was under the impression this was a soft reboot, is it not one? Was there a lead-up to HoX/PoX? How much of...everything else actually happened in this timeline (which I'll assume is 10)? I'm enjoying it because it is very much broad strokes and as someone that didn't follow the X-Men because haha gently caress that noise too much poo poo happening I don't really know most of the interplay other than the very obvious poo poo - Apocalypse being into Xavier's plan is a big red sign, for instance.

edit: also yeah, they keep a backup of everything up to their death, that was my understanding of it. They still die, and it was shown that that's not especially desirable neither for the dead mutants nor for Xavier.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Squirrel Girl isn't a mutant anymore but I'm pretty sure she can just have a nice conversation with Krakoa and be allowed passage if she so desires.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'll give you your steak rare...medium rare.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Doreen gets a special pass by Krakoa despite not being a mutant. No one dares questioning it.