Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That wasn't Claremonts MO.

Hell it doesn't even involve Storm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Jimmy was also created to be a wolverine stand in, while Rachel just eventually became a Jean stand in.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Claremont says its time for the consentual Jean and Logan romance.

One day I will figure out what people see in that pairing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

She looks like palette swapped firestorm.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Isn't grand design just attempt 100 to streamline the X-men's past.

I don't need to read more if that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Is it even in continuity? It feels like just an artist showcase project.

Are most streamline attempts actually canon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Little Mac posted:

I mean, "post-credits scenes" kinda just sounds like a silly way to say "backup story."

Back up stories are generally stand alone. While a post credit is usually basically a teaser.

They are completely different things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Intelligent lesser lifeform = Whoa what's going on this doesn't make any sense

Laser eyes and teleporting through hell = Okay this is plausible

I don’t understand why you are restating his point.

Making it more concise

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It will be fine.

Especially if it’s a one shot meaning he has to not go full Claremont

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I always thought that was the dumbest excuse to make her posh.
Why not just have her mimics a rich person from a 1980s comedy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

hope and vaseline posted:

I have no problem with Iceman being gay but the way it was written with all removal of agency on his part and Bendis seemingly putting it at the end of his run so he didn't actually have to deal with the repercussions of it was lazy as hell.

That said Rictor is my waifu

It also didn’t help that Bendis went through effort to make sure you knew he wasn’t bi. Almost like it was just lovely pandering instead of trying to explore a gay X-man.

Luckily they did give Iceman a book to explore it more.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol if you expect characterization to stick.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Comics in general could do to get away from love triangles. They are always terrible

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So he was Cable all along.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be honest one of Claremont’s faults was that Storm was probably his favorite character and it really really shows at times.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Out of all comics that is not even close to the weirdest poo poo published.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be fair that’s the most X-men experience possible

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Finally a story where the x men are destroyed

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I don't want Scott back, because suddenly Jean will become Scott's Girlfriend again because people can't loving let that go and let her be her own character.

I mean being his girlfriend doesn’t mean that’s all she would be. It depends on the writer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Everyone wanted the o5 to go away (not me) and now that they're gone people are unhappy about it (you should be they were great)

I think it’s less unhappy they are gone and more the fact they decided to reset everything. It was unnecessary just like the kids themselves

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well I mean it’s true, but I don’t see what it has to do with your post

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

I guess if you ignore that the deal isn't done and X-Men has been continually published, then sure it's true.

But yeah the Avengers movies feature Ghost Rider and She-Hulk and Broo so I can see the influence.

I would ignore that as it isn’t terribly relevant

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Alaois posted:

much like your posting

Got em.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Remember when they started taking mutant characters and retconning them out of being mutants. Must be a coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Squirrel Girl, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver was it,. but really, did they have anything to do with them being mutants? SG was more of a joke character and the Maximoffs were always Avengers adjecent outside of their first appearances and some one offs.

Quicksilver is more known for his stint in X-factor than anything.

Though their in universe roles don’t really matter to my point which was to try and get characters they could out of the way.

I’m surprised people are so defensive about an obvious thing.