Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really prefer Laura's black outfit. It's bulletproof and all.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Edmund Lava posted:

and it’s kind of impossible for a pure clone of a blue eyed person to have green eyes.
It's actually possible, but incredibly unlikely.

identical twins and I guess by extension clones are kinda weird.

Tampering with genes to make them female could have additional effects.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Edmund Lava posted:

I’m guessing she’s going to stop aging around mid twenties to early thirties like pretty much every comic book character, but with an excuse this time.

Bobbi Moore kind of has a reason for that. And I guess Jubilee does too. The others can feel a bit weird sometimes. It feels like Kate Bishop could catch up with Clint in a few years.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Postal Parcel posted:

From the (controversial) X-Men Gold #1

Who came up with the name “homo superior“ anyway? Was it Xavier? That sure isn't helping!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I mean it could be worse. They could start to call them homo sapiens while everyone else becomes homo inferior.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm not that well versed in the xmen stuff and I've had a question for a while now. Who exactly is Rachel? As far as I can tell, she's sone sort of alternate reality daughter of Jean, who is pretty much the same age. Is that right?
And there was something about them not existing at the same time.

And she wears a lot of spikes for some reason.

Anything else I should know about her?

I know I could just look it up, but asking you guys is more interesting.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for the replies guys. That seems to be kinda weird and messy but fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Who is that villain at The end of red?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

It's the same group that's been constantly following him since then. They're really committed.

If all you have is a pitchfork, everything looks like a mutant.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

For financial reasons I had to drop some comics, so Blue and Gold were dropped, but I kept Red. I feel like i made the right choice.

Wenn have remarkably simmilar taste in comics.

:smith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Covok posted:

So Storm is just going to be using that hammer, isn't she? I guess it kind of makes sense since both of the Thor's lost their hammers and there's an open title now for God of Thunder. I think.

This was already happening in the last two X-men gold. I like her outfit.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I liked the bit in Marvel vs. DC where Wonder Woman picks up Thor's hammer just before she's about to fight Storm, briefly gets a new costume, then drops the hammer because the fight would be unfair.

I think Storm just zaps her with lightning and wins almost immediately.

That's just a poor decision on her part.
Then again, that whole hammer of the Nordic gods business sorta contradicts Wonder Woman's origin story.

Did one of these Marvel vs DC stories ever involve a meeting between her and Hercules?

Honestly, all those deities are a bit weird. Hercules acknowledges that Odinson is the god of thunder. But that's clearly his dad.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

pubic works project posted:

It happened in JLA vs. Avengers and she beats the poo poo out of him because Hercules raped Hippolyta way back in the day.

I had a feeling that this would be an awkward meeting.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

Supposedly in ye olden times one of the duties of the Best Man (apart from fighting off suitors and warding away spirits) was that if the bride and groom didn't marry, the Best Man and Maid of Honour were to get married.

Presumably under the context of "well we have all this wedding stuff here. Someone had best get married."

That's a really weird tradition.
It would be the most awkward way to introduce your best buddy to your girlfriends friend.

At least the maid of honor wouldn't have to replace the bride with the same groom.
Especially, since that might be Illiana.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 19, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

My alternate version is dead :mad:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I don't mind the reset of the name of the comic that much, but It's weird that they're using it in universe. To be honest, I mostly think that "Extwentythree", "Extwothree", or maybe "Exhyphentwothree" is a terrible thing to shout out loud. Just try yelling it at someone and think about how stupid you sound. At the beginning of the book, Gabby is doing exactly that, because Laura doesn't answer the phone.

Why would Gabby not call her Laura? It's not like she ever cared about a secret identity.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 12, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Friends and family are calling her that in universe instead of Laura, when they're not on mission?

That particular instance was during a mission. But Laura and Gabby are both super inconsistent about using call signs. That's actually endearing. :3:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

3 syllables beats 4 every time.

Who-lev-err-in-e

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 12, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

All fiction could do to drop them. It's not a triangle you dolts, in the real world it's just cheating.

The biggest problem with the concept is that it's usually just a V with a kinda lovely person in the middle.

If you have to have a love triangle, each side should behave the same. Just three people who each can't decide which of the other two they want to hook up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Al Ewing disagrees!

Superior and supreme are two different concepts.