Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

redbackground posted:

I wanted to, but I couldn't bring myself to care anymore about that series after the Carnival/Circus arc.

Yeah, that carnival Arc came out of no where, and was aggressively bad. Which is unfortunate because the rest of the run is really good. I believe even the phoenix 5 event gave us crab whales!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

There's a weird thing with X-men and circuses, but then half of Marvel's silver age characters were all carnies, so who knows?

That's sort of funny, because I've never really thought too much about it, but now that you mention it I did find an issue of X-Men featuring Obnoxio the clown at a Half Price Books, and picked it up out of sheer curiosity.

Edit: This one

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Kalli posted:

I think like Blob's first appearance was as part of a carnival of crime right?

And then after the new team gets introduced, Mesmero mind controls them all into circus freaks before they're kidnapped by Magneto for some ageplay.

I would love to have those posters in the background as actual posters.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

pubic works project posted:

The university in Cincy calls it Zavier. But gently caress them.

Woah, woah, woah, gently caress you buddy. Go Bearcats!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I happened to prefer the whiskey drinking cantankerous bastard Lockheed from the S.W.O.R.D. series. Although I may be a bit biased...