Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Sooooo... is the fact that Sinister didn't show up in this issue despite being on the cover AND the blurb just a bait and switch? Or does this mean that something s...trange is going on?

EDIT: Oh, he's on a single panel. Still.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

CubanMissile posted:

Oh c’mon, just tell me who’s in the drat quiet council.

I'm guessing it's literally just the Hellfire Club, same titles and all.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Summer branch will be Sinister, Doop, and Cable.

I'm thinking Scott, Jean and Wolverine.

"Charles, what the hell! Why did you put me with HIM?"
"Look, the only two people left were Logan and SINISTER. And trust me, he REALLY hasn't gotten over his obsession with you two. I don't even need to read his mind to tell me that, he did it himself. Several. Times. Per. Day."

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Cyclops got hosed yet again. Of course.

Seriously, why does everyone hate Cyclops so much?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it made me think of The Wire's most evil antagonist

The American political system? :v:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Even more pressing, what exactly can they do if someone invades? The gateways themselves we saw can be blocked but it's still an island accessible by ships, planes, and Sentinels. I guess that's what X-Force (and maybe Marauders) will explore?

EDIT: I guess it would be funny to have an entire spinoff just about the mundane details about setting up your own nation. "In this week's exciting issue, Xavier has a lot of meetings about getting an undersea Internet cable hooked up to Krakoa! What top-level domain name will he pick? Stay tuned, true believers!"

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 27, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

Well so far they have said that no intelligence agency has been able to locate Krakoa.
And looking at the art in issue 3, it looks like that is because Krakoa is on the Moon.
So it's probably safe from invasion.

Krakoa is not on the moon, that's just one of its habitats. A map in HoX #1 I believe puts it in the Pacific, to the Northeast of Australia.

Also, you KNOW they are using the New York gateway to steal Tony Stark's WiFi until they get that cable set up.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 27, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

I've always wanted Marvel to come up with some dumb-assed webcomic centering around the day to day lives of their characters, especially the X-Men (every time someone else does it it's great, like that one where Rogue (I think) pretends to be a cat). And now I really want to see some shorts of stand-ups performing on Krakoa and trying to do jokes relevant to the mutants there.

"It's been 6 months since Louis C.K. has gone missing in Krakoa after a show held there. Krakoan officials still refuse to say what happened to him other than "he's been dealt with" and U.S. authorities are reluctant to press the matter further."

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Android Blues posted:

Despite how much potential Marauders has as a concept, it feels a bit crummy to me that Emma taking down Sebastian Shaw, telling him he's a worthless, cruel hedonist who mistreats women, beating him up in the process and setting up her new status quo as the Black King...is almost immediately followed by Hickman having Emma abandon that title and buddy up with Shaw again. I wonder if just how brutal her X-Men Black takedown of him was will be referenced, or addressed, in the ongoing stuff?

Technically it already has, with Emma's reaction to being told she needs to get Shaw on board:

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 30, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Android Blues posted:

Like, Xavier literally on the same page says, "we tolerate no prisons here on Krakoa", but um, this is totally a prison! Just because it's inside a big plant and uses mutant magic to create inescapable cells doesn't make it not a prison. You've just created an extra nightmarish prison system while pretending you don't have one at all!

Yeah, I'd totally love to hear what Xavier's definition of "prison" is.

Merriam-Webster posted:

prison

noun

pris·​on | \ ˈpri-zᵊn  \

Definition of prison

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: a state of confinement or captivity

2: a place of confinement especially for lawbreakers specifically : an institution (such as one under state jurisdiction) for confinement of persons convicted of serious crimes

Also him calling it "exile" has to be the most distorted and disingenuous use of the word since The Dark Knight Rises.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 2, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

On a lighter note:

AceOfFlames posted:

"It's been 6 months since Louis C.K. has gone missing in Krakoa after a show held there. Krakoan officials still refuse to say what happened to him other than "he's been dealt with" and U.S. authorities are reluctant to press the matter further."

Now we know what happened to him! :v:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Also where are they getting the beer

Bar Sinister. Duh.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

What is the source of this Wave 2 info?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Did you know about Tony Stark's grandkid? He's the Iron Man of the distant year, far in the future, 2020.

Funnily enough Marvel reintroduced Arno a couple of years ago as Tony's adoptive brother and they have recently announced that he will become Iron Man 2020 next year:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10/18/iron-man-2020-first-look-marvel-comics/

Those gear shoulder pads still look hella dumb, though.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Oct 26, 2019