Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Android Blues posted:

Uncanny is mostly terrible grimdark nonsense, stiltedly related by a fool.

Putting Havok on blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Autism Sneaks posted:

reset the "days since Rosenberg has killed off a mutant of note" counter to 0

More like "days since Emma Frost has killed off a mutant of note".

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Stanfield posted:

I'm gonna be using this to try and get into current X-Stuff instead of just catching up on old stuff and I have questions like is it gonna be good and do I need to know anything that's happened since IvX?

And finally I just want to say I hope all my favourites get to do a cool thing.

Do you mean the current ongoing series or the upcoming Hickman series?

Because "is it gonna be good" really depends on what you're reading. I'd recommend X-Men Red and All New Wolverine and by the time you finish those, just start with House of X / Powers of X.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

davebo posted:

So House of X and Powers of X came out today, right? Anyone read them yet and have a trip report? A friend said that aside from some minis the entire X-line was cancelled and Uncanny would re-launch, but does that mean it just continues next month with a new #1 or is there a gap?

The 24th and 31st respectively. Uncanny 21 is out today and it sucks. Is anyone else confused trying to follow the plot or is it just me?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
X-Statix was too short and only left me wanting more. I'm excited to see where this goes.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Good week to be a fan of Madrox, Warlock and Havok.

Anyone going to a midnight release next week?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

davebo posted:

I was hoping there'd be one X-Men title with more of the people I want to see on the same team. As it stands I think I'll wait until December when I'm told they'll collect the whole house/powers series, then once the monthlies begin I'll just wait until this thread tells me if one or two are particularly awesome. Does anyone know if Wolverine is getting his own monthly title, or just a continuous feed of weird minis like Logan and Loki, Blade, Cap, etc.

Nothing as of yet but there will be multiple waves of X titles, what's announced constitutes the first wave.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I hope Blob retains the character growth from X-Man, sensitive Blob is a wonderful character.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
They're kind of the same, Tom Taylor tells interesting resonant stories using familiar characters and adding memorable new ones whereas Rosenberg does the exact opposite.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
House of X is peak Hickman.

I didn't think any of this was a huge surprise given the covers and what information was available pre-release. These first issues are likely stage setting, I'm excited to see where it goes from here.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
One thing I keep coming back to is that the drugs are specified to work on humans.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

BrianWilly posted:

X-Men: Red was great all the way through. Luckily* for you, it's only eleven issues!

*:smith:

And an annual!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Fritzler posted:

Hickman has made me excited about X-men in a way I haven't been in a long time. I'm reading Uncanny X-Men pre-lude to Age of X-Man to get ready and I had some questions. I heard it explains why Apocalypse is on X-teams in and post House of X.

The Jean/Ice-Man in this comic are the young versions right? It is pretty horseshit that rockslide/armor/pixie/anole are getting benched in favor of these guys, because they should have more experience than these two.
Has X-23 always been this excited about violence? I remember violence just being a fact of life to her, something she was born to do. In this she is constantly saying stuff like "a megalodon, do I get to stab it?" She just sounds more like Rockslide than Rockslide in this.

Ehhhhhh... maybe don't read Uncanny unless you want to kill that enthusiasm.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Diet Poison posted:

My memory's so wretched that I don't even remember what happened last issue let alone be able to pick up all but the most obvious references to poo poo. If Hickman put together a super-annotated "spell everything out like you're talking to a child" panel by panel hardcover edition of Hoxpox, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. ANYWAY...

Fabulous Sinister is my favourite thing. Can we put him in a room with Gabby, see what happens? Lord do I miss that entirely fictional girl.

Scout will be in Hickman's ongoing!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
AoX was good and I really hope they keep the Blob's characterization.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Wave 2 of the X books is being announced Saturday, including Exiles with Sabertooth.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

rantmo posted:

It's also interesting in light of Layla Miller's power, which is explicitly resurrection without a soul.

Yeah, she's kind of outmoded now. Maybe she can get by on sheer "knowing stuff".

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Listened to this, some key takeaways:

- Hickman created the revival mechanism partially so death isn't a big dramatic moment, because every comics reader knows death isn't permanent. This way, a death can be a plot point but it won't be the "hammer" in a book.
- Kieron Gillen has an open invitation to do an X book.
- There is a big plan for the series but implementing it will depend on how much fans/creators are enjoying the work. If things are going well, they'll keep at the current pace for as long as they want but there's always an ace up their sleeves.
- The Powers of X pitch has been in Hickman's pocket for a while, it started years ago as "the X-Men are broken and will not be interesting unless they're revitalized"
- Hickman doesn't like X-Men fans

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Can you elaborate

He was pretty derisive of them the entire time, which ranged from chiding to exasperation. I think he best summed it up as "X-men fans are people who buy team books and think they should be solo titles" and said that fans is too loving of a word for X-Men readers.

It's worth listening to, he clearly has an interesting plan ahead and he really likes and respects the people he's working with.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

That's so weird because I am a lifelong X-Men fan and I absolutely love his stuff. I was just telling a friend last week that this is the first time since I was a child that I get excited for the next week's X-Title

To be fair, I think he's referring to the people that interact with him on Twitter. I'm sure he gets a lot of aggrieved weirdos coming at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Yeah but also where's the Madrox solo series we deserve?