Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Synch and Skin are back. Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I just went back to check that I caught all the Academy X kids at the party, and noticed Mister Sinister creeping in the background of the Exodus + the Mutant kids panel. :ohdear:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

now Jubilee will have the chance to have sex with Skin and won't be saying that while standing over his grave!

...You motherfucker.

(I hate how much that made me laugh.)

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Well, dang. First Wakanda, now it's Mutants in Spaaaace!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Scott chatting with his dad was just :3:

Really interested to see how Cable goes from here to Fallen Angels...

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Dreqqus posted:

So work with me here. Jean is being weird. Charles is and has always been a dick. Charles is not an omega telepath but Jean is. Charles contacts Jean very early in life, pretty close to when her X-gene manifests. Charles would, in theory, need access to omega level telepathy to be able to constantly be running backups for all the mutants ever. Is it possible Charles in his dickishness essentially coopted most of Jean's powers to run this scheme, in a manner similar to sealing off part of her powers in the past/other media?

This certainly sounds plausible. If this was before he was wearing Cerebro as a hat*, Jean might had to have been "managed" in a way that other telepaths, whom he met later, did not have to so that she didn't know their whole plan. Jean being weaker in space might therefore be due to the distance from Charles, who has siphoned her powers but lends her them back on Earth missions, potentially. This would explain why Jean is still so important to the X-Men so as to be on the council, despite having a lesser showing on the one mission that we saw her on so far.

*Which could have happened off-panel between stories etc. Or Xavier has been wearing the helmet and altering everyone's - including ours - perceptions the whole time. :ohdear:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The mention of X-23 and family (including the Summers) was the only thing that stood out to me, mostly because I'm a huge X-23 fan. Would be surprised if it's not just an issue, or arc if we're lucky, though.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Laughing Zealot posted:

Mauraders is off to a decent start but I'm not sold on the character lineup other than Kitty Kate and Emma as a support character.

Also, isn't it kinda wrong to have a pirate x-men story and not have Nightcrawler? Dude's probably pissed that he wasn't invited.

Yeah, Kate & Lockheed are a lot of fun but the rest seem to be making up the numbers in the early going (Bishop obviously has an investigation going on at least). I hope there's a lot of Emma Frost, but Duggan is clearly having a whale of a time - especially that "Top Men" exchange with Kate and Bobby - and the premise is really strong so I hope the others grow into it. Fantastic art from Lolli, and it was really entertaining to read so hopefully Pyro's resurrection feelings and the rumour about the 2 choices before Kate provides meat for stories.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Knowing Emma the first choice was either Scott or sean and the second was already revealed - storm

I worded that poorly, as obviously Storm was revealed as a prior choice, but it is fun trying to think of who the first choice would have been. Banshee's a good shout that makes sense, and Namor would be an obvious Mutant Pirate King if he wasn't on his land-dweller domination BS right now. Nightcrawler also has pirate chops, but wouldn't be a very dramatic reveal since he'd probably turn Emma down for similar reasons to Storm.

Scott probably refused because he's a plane guy (and the whole Great Captain thing). Gambit has boated around Utopia and Madripoor and likely knows his way around smuggling?

Again though, not a big dramatic reveal. Even someone left-field like Callisto wouldn't be too shocking, so it's gotta be a villain, right? Toad would be somewhat insulting and I presume that he's amphibious.

In summation, it was Bloodscream. Oh wait, he's not a Mutant.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Holy poo poo, yes! https://twitter.com/rdauterman/status/1187734068076527618

gently caress yeah to X-Men/F4 too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I've not had a chance to listen to this, but I've seen reports that Mike Carey is too busy to do an X-book, but has given his blessing for some stuff Hickman has going on (presumably, Children of the Vault related). That's a shame, because Carey would be great for the Moira book, though Al Ewing dancing between continuity would also fit the "busy person they are thrilled to have gotten on board" bill.