Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Blue feels like a comic that was just starting to tell the story it was interested in telling and then got sidetracked by Secret Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The thing I find funny about Kurt and Rachel hooking up is one of them trying to use Brian and Megan as a positive example for team members dating. Now I haven't read a whole lot of Excalibur, but I seem to recall that relationship having its share of drama, and Kurt being responsible for no small part of it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Speaking of the Brood, will Gabby be okay? :ohdear:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-O posted:

the Wolverine we have now.

Speaking of, wow Wolverine was so, so good this week. Taylor did an amazing job with the Guardians, and Jonathan can speak now! :aaa:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

No further details yet. Not really digging the 90s meets MCU armor costume, though.

The really important question is which Jean is that? Guessing resurrected adult?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Not exactly drawing out the suspense of the reveal are they?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Looking at the February solicits, Young Jean seems to still a part of X-Men Blue while Old Jean is running X-Men Red, so no I don't think they are merging. Which admittedly is an awfully cynical way to consider upcoming comic book plots, but enh.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

All New Wolverine. That's enough for me to give X-Men: Red a shot.

Here's hoping Johnathan the Actual Wolverine is going to be in X-Men: Red.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Android Blues posted:

By all accounts Claremont hated the editorial decision that Jean was coming back and he had to break up Scott and Madelyne, and you can see why.

Was Madelyne always going to wind up a clone, or was that part of the "bring back Jean" alterations?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bring back Dazzler Thor.

I feel like Rosenberg and I share a lot of sensibilities when it comes to comic books, I just haven't read anything he's written that's really clicked with me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

The X-Men Gold wedding and X-Classified spoiled here: https://imgur.com/a/eP1tBd6
Kitty has cold feet and Rogue and Gambit get married instead. Then a new series starring the two called "Mr and Mrs X" starts.
No creators listed, but I'm guessing Kelly Thompson.

Your guess is correct
https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/1009075006335213569

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

So someone's gonna have to explain to me what the ending of Adamantium Agenda is all about, because the reveal that Laura is apparently... not a clone(???) is confusing me.

On one hand it seems like there's no new information in the way it's explained, but it's presented like a shocking reveal and I don't get the hairs they seem to be splitting on that one.

Also the other detail at the end that there's an X-Man who's only posing as one through genetic engineering is pretty :what: too.

I think it's Taylor tying a bow onto his run with Laura (and it doesn't really invalidate what's going on in X-23 since that book differentiated between Gabby and Laura from the jump, what with Laura having a birthday and Gabby doesn't), and laying track for future X-Men Red stories, maybe

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kelly Thompson is the best.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Edmund Lava posted:

I have the entire run of Excalibur from when it was still going and the Widget reveal is still the dumbest thing they ever did.

But it was used to good effect in the Star Lord & Kitty Pryde Secret Wars mini.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

So how are the X-Mans now? Last news I heard was that Jean let go of the Phoenix... now I hear stuff that old Cable is dead/replaced? Are the comics good now?

Read anything with Laura and Gabby, skip the rest.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-Men Red is too good for this stupid world, really strong issue this week.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Holy poo poo, everyone needs to go read X-23, now that is how you do a one off issue.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, X-Men Red was pretty :black101: for an issue where not much of anything happened. Though it does line up very awkwardly with what's going on in Avengers at the moment.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Alaois posted:

x-men holiday special is pretty good though :)

There were some amazing pages in that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mr and Mrs X is a good comic, really enjoyed today's issue.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It was interesting, I was listening to a bit of a podcast interview with Kelly Thompson, and without coming out and saying Uncanny was trash, she didn't seem happy with the final product. In her estimation the three writers were more concerned with getting along with each other, and nobody took the lead.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Metalshark posted:

Curious as to what podcast it was/what the full quote was if anyone can share?)

Capes and Lunatics, the episode was devoted mostly to Captain Marvel, but they got a bit into collaborative writing and Uncanny came up. I also didn't listen to the whole thing because the production values were sort of janky (four people talking over each other on Skype is not my idea of a good time), but the little I heard was interesting.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Beerdeer posted:

Molly Hayes and Honey Badger headlining a student book. Printing money.

Im throwing money at my screen right now trying to make this happen.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CubanMissile posted:

It always bothered me that Rogue just didn’t wear that on dates.

She did on a regular basis in Mr. and Mrs. X, but said it gave her headaches.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Billzasilver posted:

That said, the Captain Marvel book from earlier this year was pretty good, and it made Rogue look good too.

I'm shocked, shocked, that Kelly Thompson would make Rogue look good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wanderer posted:

About five days, if Kitty's journal is any indication.

And that included a whiskey induced navigational error.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I thought the thing with Kate and the portals was mostly a joke that there's this thing the woman who can walk through anything can't walk through :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Can he respawn ... Squirrel Girl?

Why would you need to respawn Squirrel Girl, she's Unbeatable remember?