Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Kind of weird for that dude to be so casually, indiscriminately murderous when talked back to, and still have people ready to talk back to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

So, apparently the "diplomatic immunity" concept actually does mean that all mutants, everywhere, are immune to human law? That's... that's not how. anything works.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

It can work however you want it to work when you have superpowers.

I guess? It's just hard to believe as something the US government would agree to or the non-evil X-Men would be down with. It feels like there are no individuals in this story, just mouthpieces for evolving ideologies.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Strange Poon posted:

Mutants and their children dream of freedom and liberation, even for the humans. Humans want to put an end to dreams even and especially their own.

Do they?

It seems like nobody has asked “humans” what they want. The “human” governments are eagerly cooperating with Xavier to get his wonder drugs.

I don’t think any “humans” voted for the machine future. The Mother Mold is being built by a bunch of weirdo mad science loners.

What strikes me about this series is that individual characters beyond five or so have been eclipsed by ideology and inevitability. Ultimately nobody is getting to build a future they actually want.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, but presumably both Sinisters will keep coming back around via clones, so as long as one Sinister is on the job, you're probably good.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, I've kind of lost interest in this series. It sort of feels like there are no actual people involved in it any longer?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I guess my complaint would be "I thought I was buying a storybook, but I was actually paying Marvel for a brochure of their products for the next year."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, there are a couple of characters who get to have personality, but everybody else is just kind of being buffeted along by the important people, and it's gotten to the point where it no longer feels like the world is real.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I think "intentionally creepy" is the part that makes it hard for me to get invested, because what's going on is so divorced from really that I don't even know what I'm supposed to think about it, much less what I actually do.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It basically seems like if you take the view that "humans" and "mutants" are not meaningfully separate groups, this story is just going to blink at you in confusion.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

They’ve explicitly declared their intention of being treated as gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, you can't retcon Squirrel Girl after they explicitly said "we can never take this back." That's like breaking a pinky swear.