Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
To be fair to Morrison, that wasn't the point of his run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So is Logan's super senses a secondary mutation or just part of his primary mutation?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that at some point later down the line Wanda and Pietro, and Squirrel Girl too, will be re-retconned as mutants again. I would be more shocked if they stuck with the retcon than if they backpedaled.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can kind of see where Hickman is coming from in regards to X-Men fans. Like, one of my favorite characters in unironically Wolverine. Yes, he's overused, yes, it's Wolverine, yes I think he's been portrayed as hitting well above his paygrade because he took off like a runaway train from his inception, but the Wolverine that I love was the one that was in Claremont's first Wolverine mini, the one where he first goes to Japan and fights the Silver Samurai and all that stuff with Yukio and Mariko and stuff. Wolverine's core character was that he was a violent person, like unto a beast, and the struggle against that violent bestial nature toward the path of a man.

That same struggle was tied up quite nicely in Claremont's run, but people didn't want a Logan that had resolved his conflict, they wanted the cool invincible handsome badass who could turn into a human blender against ninjas and the Hulk and other poo poo, not the actual hairy midget who kept getting his poo poo kicked in because of his very wolverine-esque attitude. You can see glimpses of that post-resolution Wolverine here and there, but generally whenever Wolverine shows up its as that caricature. One of my favorite portrayals of Wolverine is actually in a Daredevil book following a character named Echo, a former villain of Daredevil's, as she embarks on a quest of self reflection, which I won't spoil but it's super good.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I think him being Canadian actually works out better. Did they still have the joke about Canadians being the nicest people in the 70's?