Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Aphrodite posted:

The Marvel model is now "Make more Ms. Marvel or Squirrel Girl". Those comics have been rendered generic.

This is why I was actually kind of alright with She-Hulk being a non-comedy book for once (After I read the first issue, I was very stubborn about hating the book before I'd read it). Don't get me wrong, I still vastly liked her as the 4th wall breaker comedy character. But the simple fact is that Marvel's design output for most female characters ('Scept Thor and Carol, who's outputs are Badass and Roman Reigns respectively) is just "Make em cute and zany. People eat that poo poo up." meant that She-Hulk was immediately more of a standout.

EDIT: My main problem is also that they aren't as Cute and Zany as Marvel Adventures which was so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Nuns with Guns posted:

The trigger scent is the focus of the story arc but it gets resolved in a good way. Ending spoilers if you want them: they remove her sensitivity to the trigger scent entirely.

Which is good. Can't wait until someone reverses it. Just like how they reversed "All the trigger scent has been destroyed."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

To me it seems like Emma's paying the price for them not knowing what the gently caress they were doing with Cyke. First he was supposed to be mutant hitler, then it was revealed the thing he did (Which actually Emma did) was harmless and meaningless. And then it's Emma's fault that Cyke is seen as Hitler now? It's all very confusing and reads of "We actually had no idea what we wanted to do." So now Emma is a villain even though one of her primary desires is to be a teacher. And there's no good reason for it. Like... if the rest of the X-Men had turned their backs on her, or the Inhumans had demanded her head, or something that would have been a case of "After everything you're still treating me like the villain here?" Then sure, I could see this.

But it's just dumb, it's "Felicia gets punched by Potto and webbed up and decides to go full villain" dumb except Felicia's at least flirted with the crime life in years, while Emma, even as The Phoenix and on the run with Cyclopse, was mainly focused on her desire to teach.

EDIT: Her actions in Death of X? She tries to keep Cyke's memory alive by projecting him and attempts to destroy the terrigan cloud. Unless I missed something that put her out of alignment with the rest of the X-Men, that's reaching enough to pull several muscles.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 30, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Question I've asked but never gotten an answer to. Did anything ever come of Jean reaching into Warren's brain and twisting it like a puppet so they would stay and he wouldn't freak out?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

I don't know. Everything with the OG5 has kinda sorta rubbed me the wrong way. They have no reason to exist in the stories they're in and, as far as I'm concerned, haven't added anything to the universe. I know they're here to stay but someone needs to do something interesting with them.

That being said, I'm all for Teen Scott. Love that kid and since Adult Scott is dead (for the moment) actually has a place to fill.

The O5 stuff is the stupidest god damned poo poo and has been from inception, they should never have brought them into the mainline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I mean... this isn't even the first time they "Destroyed all the trigger scent, all of it, absolutely none remains." I would not be surprised to see it come back, in some new strain or another, because writers don't care what other writers did.