Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I almost never read x-men comics except x-force, but these past 4 issues have been really fun. I hope every dumb backstory page with nothing but text can become its own spinoff series afterwards.

Can anyone share the “alternate timeline” clues they’ve found so far? The graph only showed Moira’s 9th and 10th lives going on indefinitely so I assume most stuff happening in the distant future is from one of those lives.

Also are there any theories yet about her missing 6th life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I went back to PoX #2 to check, and the cyclops suicide attack on the sun is meant to prevent a Nimrod. Meaning the ten years timeline is definitely the tenth life, and we’ll see what crazy information Moira received here. Maybe all four timelines are from different lives.

The hidden 6th life is still what gets me. Is that the phalanx assimilation timeline?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Y’all think we’re gonna explore her hosed up relationship with legion and proteus? They’re not gonna get retconned out of existence will they?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

oh poo poo. Suppose these are the issues where Scott’s team dies and comes back to life. What if it’s not just rebirth technology? What if they repurposed Moira’s power too, so Scott’s team comes back with all their memories in tact?

Mutants that actually can’t die. That’s one way to break all the rules.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Young jean grey was a great character, did she ever come back after x-men: red?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

BrianWilly posted:

To clarify on this: The "memory block" was set to last until the literal moment that they all went back in time, so all the current original X-Men -- Scott, Jean, Warren, Bobby, and Hank -- have, by now, "remembered" everything that their young selves went through. Current Scott remembers being with the Champions, Jean remembers outing Bobby, Warren remembers...uh, dating Laura I guess, and by all accounts Hank should be able to use magic, though those last two bits have been completely unexplored as of now.

Skwirl posted:

All the young X-Men were shunted back into the past with memory blocks so they wouldn't remember traveling to the future until now.

poo poo. And what book was this in?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Skwirl posted:

Death of X miniseries
The poster below me is correct.

Alaois posted:

Extermination

I’ll check them both out tyvm

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Ms Marvel is a children’s comic, so it’s not the great example you think it is. Further more, Xavier has been rocking the cerebro helmet for decades. It’s more likely the Maker stole his look from Xavier, and not the other way around. The hoxpox helmet looks like Xavier just wanted to add cyclop’s dumb X-face design to it.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

New theory: the x-men got extremely good at identifying people by their chins after putting up with Cyclops’ terrible costume decisions for years.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Great issue. Very on the nose with the x-men and the human scientist saying almost the exact same thing, but in a good way.

If Xavier already has the rebirthing pods ready to go, why was he crying and screaming so much at the end?

OnimaruXLR posted:

, they'd probably gently caress off to live in real of pure data, fueled by a Dyson sphere

Sounds kind of like the phalanx.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

This might be Life 6, orrrr Xavier might have to strike a deal with Sinister to get those regeneration pods working. The next few issues have apocalypse and then sinister on the covers so they’ll certain come into the story in some way.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

One of the infographics in HOX #1 was explicitly written by Gregor, the scientist lady. I’ve been assuming the rest don’t have any specified author, like an anonymous Wikipedia writer.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

The Logan/Kurt moment was genuinely beautiful

My favorite laugh was when Wolverine finished his bit and he left about 10 corpses. Nightcrawler finishes his bit in the next panel and leaves two guys tied up.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

One interesting out that Hickman built in is that Moira can choose to be passive and the whole world is unchanged. In life 4, crazy poo poo happened at least until the Phoenix Prive and AvX. Probably beyond that too.

The only reason I really think this is Life 10 is that Legion and Proteus exist.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

well this lends credence to the Xavier-brainwashed-everyone-to-keep-the-timeline-unchanged theory, at least we know that now.

Could the married couple with wolverine be the Hudson’s?

#9 asks if the universe is ready, so this couple must be a pretty big deal.

Secret #10 implies that it’s someone either very old in X-Men history or marvel history as a whole. Selene? Apocalypse? Sublime? Cassandra Nova?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Do I take it now that Moira’s plan for “breaking all the rules” is to unify absolutely everyone? Xavier, Magneto, Sinister, Krakoa, Apocalypse, the Phalanx, and beyond?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Cabbit posted:

Secondary mutation: taking down tyrants in his sleep and being even more fabulous.

“Why do I suddenly love capes? :confused:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I was trying to learn more x-men lore and gave myself a headache. So the all-new x-men, krakoa, the secret history of Emma Frost, Moira, Vulcan the omega level mutant, and SAURON THE DINOSAUR MAN were all part of X-Men: Deadly Genesis?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Saoshyant posted:

Sinister-made embryo from Scott's dad and mom. It's the kid of the thing Sinister would do anyway.

Oh man, what if Moira was working with Sinister to create Vulcan? One more Omega level mutant to tip the scales.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Hickman did a lot of work making the FF functional again, instead of Mr Fantastic going off and building Super Prison Blacksites for the “greater good”

Iron Man is all over the loving place, but I like the stories where he’s reformed and trying to act with more self-control. Ironheart is a good influence on him.

I haven’t read any Namor in about 5 years, idk what he’s like these days.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Great loving issue. Now they just need to explain what happens with adamantium skeletons and robot arms, etc. I suppose if this change is permanent, Hickman is establishing a new status quo where mutants finally stop fighting other mutants.

Archyduchess posted:

Didn't Emplate imprison and hideously torture Monet for years? This is part of what makes me iffy about Hickman's detached style of story-telling-- you'd think that, even if this wasn't dealt with right away, there'd be some kind of glad-- an ominous close-up, a reaction shot of her face or something. Instead he's just sketched into the background with all the other bad-guys and I'm going to be genuinely surprised if there's any acknowledgement at all that one of the most prominent characters of the run so far is being asked to coexist peacefully with her abuser, any sort of scene between them or scene where she talks about it, or anything.

I'm willing to be surprised! I was surprised by the scene between Nightcrawler and Logan a few weeks ago, pleasantly so! But I'm still going to be surprised.

Is that any worse than Sinister or Sabertooth? Or some not-yet-seen villains like Dark Beast and Sugar Man?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Also, does egg boy qualify as an Omega Level Egg Mutant now?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Which reminds me, is there a big list for what new X-books are coming out of this yet?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I’m looking forward to the one main book and Excalibur the most, personally speaking. And I wonder which team Monet will end up on, she’s been very prominent in this event already and as someone mentioned last page, we need to see if her old grudges or enemies lead to a big conflict.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

FilthyImp posted:

Just wondering if I should be worried about Cerebro being a machine that backlogs all the Mutants similar to how Nimrod digitizes people in a Xmen vs SF tankpod.

I noticed this too. It might lead into the Phalanx storyline next week.

The new December solicits imply some very interesting things. Jean Grey, still in her weird Marvel Girl costume, about to take over running Cerebro? Apocalypse doing all kinds of weird poo poo? Whatever this is?

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 19, 2019

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Nightcrawler and Wolverine’s word could simply be taken as directly talking about the egg process instead of going to heaven. “Wolverine, are you still worried about your soul? Look for me on the other side, we will be there together.”

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

New plan, Xavier can only revive souls that he knows went to hell/limbo, so they can live a better life on Krakoa Island and eventually go to heaven.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

*Apocalypse shows up and shakes hands with everyone, congratulates them because this is the perfect mutant kingdom he envisioned*

danbanana posted:

The last big reveal is that Krakoa is the Bad Place.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

The weird thing about this event is that it’s going to be permanent. There’s no final boss they need to fight and then everything goes back to normal. It just introduces a status quo and then we go into 2 or more years of storylines.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Yeah, I mean more that this event isn’t supposed to be self-contained at all. Things don’t go back to normal when this event ends. There doesn’t need to be an epic battle between Xavier and Sinister over the final 3 issues.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It's comics. Nothing is 'permanent' except maybe Uncle Ben being dead.

Hell the saying used to be "nobody stays dead except Uncle Ben and Bucky" and then Brubaker had a better idea. This'll be the status quo until some other writer comes along and wants a more "feared and hated" status quo.

I don’t expect anything to be permanent-permanent, but if this new status quo lasts for more than 5 years, that’s good enough for me. Jason Aaron has had one-armed Thor for about that long, and it’s been terrific.

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 22, 2019

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I was actually thinking about Avengers Dissembled, but Dark Reign is a better comparison

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Who knew that a team that spent 90% of their adult life in skintight latex costumes would be fine with nudity.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

TwoPair posted:

Although I guess I haven't read nearly as much X-Men as the rest of this thread and Storm speaking in great big grandiose speeches is actually a return to form.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=a_rj1B3l9gE

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Three guesses who’s on the Summer branch of the council

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I hope we get to see the Phoenix fight the Phalanx

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I loving love all the goofy expressions Xavier makes in Year 1. He’s so loving smug when he’s showing off to Forge about his Shiar data crystals.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Leak spoilers but i understand everyone’s place except nightcrawler. And Rachel is okay, but why would she be above cable or cyclops or jean?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Oh man, what does it mean if Xorn has a black hole for a head? I just check PoX #3 and the Omega Sentinel teases about what’s really at the heart of a singularity.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

It does beg the question, why does Sinister get to be on the island but not Deadpool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

You know how that always goes. As soon as a hero loses their power and goes on a normal date, a car falls off a bridge and they wish they had their powers back to save it.

It happens to The Thing literally every time.