Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Is Claremont writing again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I like how Jean Grey is turning into Marvel Team-Up, even if the premises of the issues themselves tend to be thin. Did the, uh, dead Jean ever manifest Psylocke's brain armory gimmick too?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Imagine getting pulled into the future by yourself but blue, furry, and talking like Kelsey Grammer, then finding out all your friends and loved ones from your time were killed off by you but from an evil alternate reality

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
By X-Standards, Bobby Drake is probably the luckiest mutant alive, and that's including Domino :downsrim:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Cabbit posted:

I'm honestly expecting that the O5 eventually get aged up and have their memories merged with their modern equivalents to get a soft reboot for modern Cyke, Jean, and Angel without the baggage. Still issue whether or not Beast and Bobby will be included, but I'd wager a shiny dime each on the other three.

They probably would have done this already if Superman and Lois Lane hadn't beaten them to the exact same punch. I think it's more likely they kill a mix of the younger and older versions off.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Thorneration's art sucked something awful, and the writing was rushed and incoherent. It did not do Apocalypse or this anemic event any justice.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I'm gonna need a sticker on the cover that guarantees no clones, alternate universe doppelgangers, psychic duplicates, magical manifestations, time-displaced incarnations, or some combination thereof

Besides the one we already have that is both B. and E. iirc

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

It's in 3 months.

In 3 months of comic time the universe can be destroyed twice and reality rewritten.

Not with Hickman writing and Ribic drawing :downsrim:

to be fair though I can't think of a reality-warping event that took less than four months to wrap up at the earliest

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

RandallODim posted:

Yeah, petty jibes aside I really should get around to reading the OML ongoing, but I need to know: does it feature Jubilee and if not why do comics wish to break my heart so?
It does feature a Jubilee arc, but it has a fill-in artist that is a great deal more.. impressionistic than Sorrentino.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
lol it sounds like DC's Prometheus crossed over and became an X-villain

that's not a good thing

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Some part of my brain blocked off the possibility that was reborn Jean and assumed it was a new mutant who looked a bit too much like Firestorm or Starfire, or tbh Fire Man from Mega Man.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Thane may be Inhuman, but he was a Phoenix host up until he got memory-holed in possibly the most literal way conceivable

Lemire's Thanos sucked guys

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

davebo posted:

Why is he wearing armor anyway? I don't know enough about Namor. He's super strong but can you just like, shoot him with a gun? If so I guess the armor makes sense.

Put me in the camp shocked, SHOCKED they covered Namor's chest. He's normally nigh-invulnerable, surviving a full blast from Black Bolt's voice point blank with a knife embedded in his chest and the subsequent fall from low orbit, though he does have get weaker the longer he goes dehydrated. He did recently get decapitated via eye lasers, so maybe a neck brace is in order (and there it is!)

e: he does make Gentle kind of redundant too, because Gentle's whole thing is hulking out but at the cost of his health and peace of mind, whereas Namor is one of the strongest beings on the planet all of the time and has no qualms with violence

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 13, 2017

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Post-millenials, if you're the kind of old who cares about the distinction, were born in the mid-90's and into the aughts, so Laura could fit. Most Marvel characters nowadays are technically millenials in their twenties and thirties despite being created as adults in the 60's and 70's, so with sliding timescales it's really all moot anyways. In a decade or so I'm sure we'll see Tony Stark just casually mention getting cyberbullied in elementary school

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 22, 2017

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
You went to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Scarlet Witch uses an Infinity Stone to try and bring her brother back, but ends up rewriting reality while also recreating the energies Hydra used to give her and Pietro powers on a global scale, badda bing badda boom mutants

After Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans are cancelled, the Inhumans are never heard from or referenced again in the MCU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
It immediately took me out of Red when the torch and pitchfork lynch mob, which itself was pretty absurd, had literal pitch torches. That, and Jean appealing to the UN to recognize mutants as some extranational unified entity which I guess she just declared herself representative of (in an admittedly good speech) made absolutely zero sense. Are the X-Men ISIS now?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Looks folks I'm just saying if it was realistic those would have been flashlights Tiki Torches.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
The art is worse this week but they drew the torches right!

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Dropping ANW is inconceivable

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
X-Men: Red canceled for X-Men: Grey, with a team of Jean Grey, teen Jean Grey, Cable, Rachel Grey, Madelyne Pryor, uhh X-Man, and Hope Summers I guess?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Teen Jean technically died (again, fulfilling her destiny as most death-prone X-Man) two issues ago in Venom, though for people who didn't read Venomverse it was soft-balled in over the course of the last issue with the kids freaking out once it sunk in their friend had been digested by a symbiote-hunting monster from another dimension, and the backup of the latest X-Men Blue has Danger create a holo-Jean to help Scott cope. Of course she's obviously going to be fine in time for eXtinction (:ironicat:)

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Roth posted:

How Rahne is killed reads as very bad metaphor for hate crimes committed against trans women.

I got this too and I'm physically angry about it

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
As long as he died blaming Scott Summers! :downs:

I wonder how much communication there is between the current X-team and the future one about which mutants Rosenberg gets to kill or maim, or if he just got carte blanche as long as mutants X, Y and Z were still alive and relatively intact by then end of his culling.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

quote:

As someone who was very pleased to see you bring Cannonball and Sunspot into the Avengers fold during your popular run, can we look forward to you bringing them home now that you'll be working on the X-Men?

I won't be bringing them home.

:negative:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
It's actually not even between issues, it's between the beginning and middle of #16. The story alternates between them resolving the end of #15 with Cap and the Hideaway, and the newly democratic team going to stop Juggernaut and the Brotherhood led by Magneto's clone at an unspecified time later. The New Mutants were cured at the very end of the previous issue, Hope is still in the doghouse for turning Cyclops into a cyclops (and assassinating a politician) but is a fully-fledged X-Man by the end, and Rahne tells Scott she's leaving after he steps down but is pronounced dead by Dani at the very end of the book. So all of the War of the Realms stuff takes place somewhere in the middle of that.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
The zombieness is because it was a Death Seed that brought him back, and since "what if we make Banshee more like his namesake" is the level of cleverness comics editors seem to love they've left him that way even though the other UA Horsemen, Daken, Sentry, and the fuckin Grim Reaper were all fine. He was booked in the dialogue as having to be that way for years until they develop the technology to remove the Celestial goop or w/e in him (this was in 2014), so maybe Dark Beast will fix him too?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Synthbuttrange posted:

well the grim reaper is less fine these days. :v:

well he's not dead anymore, again, as of Damnation which is better shape than Tom King left him in (I assume his death in The Vision is what you're referring to)

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
reset the "days since Rosenberg has killed off a mutant of note" counter to 0

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know if Vanisher is a mutant of note really.

if you appear in the second ever X-Men comic you're noteworthy. doubly so if you get played by Brad Pitt in a movie

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

Did you know that before bleeding cool posted about it though?

:jerkbag:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Marvel Studios Exec Calls X-Men Name "Outdated"

quote:

Is the name "X-Men" outdated? Marvel Studios' Executive Vice President of Production Victoria Alonso thinks so. During an interview about Captain Marvel's home video release, Alonso is asked about the future of the X-Men at Disney and goes on an interesting tangent.

"I don't know where the future is going," Alonso told Nuke the Fridge. "Its funny that people call it the X-Men... there's a lot of female superheroes in that X-Men group; I think it's outdated."

:getin:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Dawgstar posted:

That's Exodus. He was a Big Deal for a hot minute in the 90's, who exemplified the 'glow-y eyes/power blast' generic powerful mutant. Lead the Acolytes for a while when Magneto was out of commission. I think his deal is he's actually super old (from the Crusades, maybe).

Yeah he was BFFs with the Black Knight of the 12th century (who Dane Whitman quantum leaped into twice) who went on a quest to find a magic tower but it turned out to be Apocalypse's pad, and their bromance was so strong Apocalypse couldn't turn Exodus against him so he put him in a magic coma instead until Magneto found him.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
even though it should surprise nobody from his absence in the UXM issues taking place after War of the Realms: UXM, Sunspot did not survive the experience

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Kingtheninja posted:

Did proteus ever come back before this? I thought he was killed during his uncanny arc in the 70s

He came back in the same Astonishing arc that brought Charles back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
it would actually be less of an ethical quagmire if the Culture/Altered Carbon-style backups were a completely new "soul" because otherwise Chuck/Erik/Moira's plan is dragging millions of souls out of a heaven which they know exists because the X-Men have physically been there