Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Logan/Kurt moment was genuinely beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Claremont had pretty thoroughly reformed Magneto as at worst a dude who wanted to live separately from humans and offered other mutants the same opportunity. Claremont's last story in his first huge run was Magneto offering sanctuary to some mutants who crashed Asteroid M, and raising nukes from the wreck of the Leningrad to give himself retaliatory ability in case of attack from humans. It wasn't until he found out Moira had hosed with his infant brain when he was age reverted that he even attacked the X-Men.

The problem is that everyone afterwards took a complex character that had mostly reformed and turned him back into a genocidal maniac.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wanna say the Magneto age reversion was a pre-Claremont thing

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, he was turned into a baby before Claremont started writing X-Men.

Yeah I actually went back and skimmed real quick, the entire reason Magneto infantalizes the X-Men with the Nanny robot is "revenge" for his having been de-aged.

Claremont has a lot of weird fetishy stuff pop up in his books, but that one was genuinely a good callback

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nevvy Z posted:

It's also clearly a sinister secret

Perhaps when we get past issue number 1, we may get more details.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've long maintained that Xavier having the X-Men be a secretive, paramilitary group was the absolute worst choice he could have made for human mutant coexistence. Someone like Storm, Jean, or Forge could have built more goodwill with the human population by solving problems than spanking Magneto a dozen times could

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd be very curious how they "get to" mutants who are just manifesting their powers before anyone with bad intent does. Are they monitoring Cerebro constantly with a team of teleporters on standby?

I'd love a whole series that is just the Councils discussing and solving logistics issues

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cloks posted:

- Hickman doesn't like X-Men fans

Can you elaborate

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cloks posted:

He was pretty derisive of them the entire time, which ranged from chiding to exasperation. I think he best summed it up as "X-men fans are people who buy team books and think they should be solo titles" and said that fans is too loving of a word for X-Men readers.

It's worth listening to, he clearly has an interesting plan ahead and he really likes and respects the people he's working with.

That's so weird because I am a lifelong X-Men fan and I absolutely love his stuff. I was just telling a friend last week that this is the first time since I was a child that I get excited for the next week's X-Title

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They recently FINALLY released Mutant X in TPB form and put it on Marvel Unlimited but I am afraid to read it in case it's not nearly as good as I remember it being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

amigolupus posted:

This is a pretty good post. My favorite version is headmaster Logan from Wolverine and the X-Men. Something about Logan taking his role as mentor to teenage sidekicks to the logical conclusion by taking up Xavier's role as the new guide and protector of young Mutants was really interesting to me. Plus him naming the school after Jean, one of the bravest and kindest person he's ever known, was pretty touching.

I will never forgive Marvel for completely ruining the flow of what this book was doing for their dumb AvX event