Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think like Blob's first appearance was as part of a carnival of crime right?

And then after the new team gets introduced, Mesmero mind controls them all into circus freaks before they're kidnapped by Magneto for some ageplay.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Android Blues posted:

The Magneto baby prison stuff is really, really weird and probably emblematic of the worst excesses of the Claremont years. Like, man could write a comic, but sometimes things got flat out wonky.

You don't say.

Here's a chunk of that sequence minus the parts where you get flashbacks to Storm revealing she was raised as a thief:

End of #112

and then a few pages later...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, and later Storm apparently and comes back as a child

This was also the second time a robot named Nanny infantalized the X-men.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I was cleaning out my parent's attic and found a box of old cards which included all the trading cards that came with the Executioner's Song issues.

Synthbuttrange posted:

The X-Factor books were the best part of that crossover.

"Alright I know we're all badasses here so someone's going to get hurt in this fight. It's probably me."

The only part I remember from the X-Factor issues was when Wolfsbane mauled Feral, which led to the start of the mandated therapy issue which was pretty great.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Jedi posted:

Is it the same one that has Quicksilver explaining why he's always so pissed off? If so, also one of my favorites.

Yeah it is, it's a great issue. Also has Strong Guy's pain reveal. Man that's a good issue.

Also the Number 1 Fan bit was right before the X-cutioners song issues, so like 4-5 issues before it. It was when they were dealing with the ship full of mutant refugees from Genosha after the whole X-tinction Agenda crossover.