Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That’s Young Beast talking to Old Beast. And judging by the incursion mention I’m going to guess an issue of Hickman’s New Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like Red but I instantly want to check out anytime Cassandra Nova is involved in anything. A character I just do not like to read at all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah Red is pretty good. Just imagine how good it might have been though if it had been about any other villain though? Nova is the worst.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wolverine is the Phoenix in Jason Aaron's Thor story that is set millions of years in the future. In Avengers 700, also by Aaron, Wolverine shows up at the end of the issue with looking like his normal self but with the Phoenix powers. He also talks about how he's been alive for eons though. So what's going on is anybody's guess.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Larocca is weird. Sometimes he's godawful and sub-Land and sometimes he's actually pretty good. I keep wanting him to go back to whatever he was doing on the Cable and X-Force series he did with Dennis Hopeless. I really enjoyed his art in that. The designs were a little overly busy for my tastes but I enjoyed the art.

Every time I see someone post a Star Wars panel from him though it's the loving worst.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That is a lineup of X-Men I would like to read. Most of them are good out of the box picks. Makes me think there's absolutely several other titles coming too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ElNarez posted:

I'll give you Thompson and Rosenberg (though Rosenberg is highly dependant on having an artist that can play around with the format, see 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank for a great example of that), but what's Ed Brisson's fine-to-great work?

I’ve very much enjoyed his Old/Dead Man Wolverine so far. His Cable run was fine but marred by terrible artwork from a lovely Liefeld ripoff. I’ve read part of his Iron Fist which I didn’t care for so there’s that I guess.

X-O fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 12, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I remember well when those Marvel bastards turned Quicksilver into an Inhuman back in 2016. I mean 2006, sorry.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I haven't read anything with Cyclops in it now that he's returned but he should now have the memories of Young Cyclops so I want him to go meet Kamala, Miles, and Sam and reminisce about his fun time on The Champions as a kid a couple months back.

If the new Marvel Team-Up with Ms Marvel as the main character doesn't have an issue with Cyclops it's a failure.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-O posted:

I haven't read anything with Cyclops in it now that he's returned but he should now have the memories of Young Cyclops so I want him to go meet Kamala, Miles, and Sam and reminisce about his fun time on The Champions as a kid a couple months back.

Yessssss

https://www.newsarama.com/43943-war-of-the-realms-brings-cyclops-back-to-the-champions-as-an-adult.html

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hickman: Again, we're keeping alot of this under wraps. Let me just say that we have radical, radical plans for all of you. I grew up primarily a DC Comics guy; the only book I read of Marvel growing up was the X-Men. All the books I've done at Marvel up to this point, those were fantastic jobs -- but they were jobs. This is was the first book I've loved before I started doing."

Hickman: I probably haven't been more proud of anything I've worked on than this. I think all of you will be pretty jacked. We're doing some different radical stuff. Two books that'll you have to read both to stay tuned, but there's a good reason for it.

Clarifcation, the titles are House of X as in the letter "X", then Powers of X as in the roman numeral 10.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IUG posted:

Looks like meat's X-Men's back on the menu pull list!

EDIT:

Who's that on the right with Colossus' skin and Magick's sword? I'm assuming far left is Nightcrawler's father.

Hickman said some characters are from the past, some are from the present, and some you haven't ever seen but every character has a reason for being in that promo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh no, is that Vulcan behind Azazel?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

Put Scott and Emma back together

I thought you people wanted X-Men fixed?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bleeding Cool were 100% right on with what they posted about this, including this being the 5th big Milestone in X-Men comics. So I'd imagine they're also correct in that both of these books are six issue minis. And that whatever comes after is the December thing in this publishing slate.

EDIT: All issues are already done. Twice monthly alternating for 12 weeks.

Hickman has been back with the company for a year working on this in the background.

Hickman: I'm sorry for what's about to happen. [laughs] I feel you . Change is good. And I do like Cyclops.

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 23, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shonen Waifu posted:

That Colossus/Magick hybrid has Kitty's hair?

Aren't those the little things Dani Moonstar wears in her hair?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

quote:

I will say that in re-reading everything, probably the most criminally underrated X-Men writer is Mike Carey. I mean, it’s obvious that Mike is brilliant, but there are a lot of things buried in his books that are tier-one ideas that writers following him must have just blown right past

Now this gets me excited.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Synthbuttrange posted:

rip.

also sabretooth is bad again now.

That happened at the end of Weapon X.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Mr and Mrs X, and X23 are probably as safe as any book could be. They’re smaller, character driven books that can easily roll with whatever the main status quo will be. It’s the team books that are going to get reigned in.

Both of those books are already cancelled though?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

When he's saying there wouldn't really be much fear and hatred anymore he's clearly talking the general populace, not groups like the Purifiers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Saoshyant posted:

Oh god, I've been saying that gentleman's name wrong all these years :(

Well that's ok, it's not his real name anyway.

It's a spoonerism of Quite Frankly.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Didn't they just bring Madrox back?

Also I bet Emma's plan was Rosenberg's big pitch for a big status quo shift in his run, but then he got told 'no, we're giving the line to Hickman now'.

Nah, Rosenberg's only been on the book since January and Hickman said when his was announced he'd been back over a year already working on it. I haven't read this run but it almost certainly was written knowing exactly what Hickman is doing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1152296060837982209

XMEN
MARAUDERS
EXCALIBUR
XFORCE
NEWMUTANTS
FALLENANGELS

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

On one hand you've got Tini Howard and Marcus To but on the other Gambit. Not sure if I'll be able to stomach the second even though I love the first.

Benjamin Percy wrote probably the best Rebirth run start to finish in Green Arrow so I'm down for him on X-Force. Plus Colossus is my favorite X-Man so bonus.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-O fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 20, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What is the rumor? In spoiler tags please.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nothing related. It's a stupid answer to a stupid question. Hickman has a very dry sense of humor.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

quote:

If someone says that they hate something, it means that someone else loves it

Uh, what?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well the younger Cable is already in a new book so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ah so Hickman wasn't lying when he said he really wanted to write The Eternals.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hickman's House of X basically completely ignores everything from Uncanny. :v:

Not really, the dead and injured X-Men are for sure resurrected and healed by those pods on Krakoa as we see Cyclops emerge from one with focus on his eye that was recently shot out by Hope.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I feel pretty confident that if Hickman wanted Cyclops to be dead to start off the story he'd be dead. Apparently he pitched this entire thing to everyone at last year's writer retreat after he'd already been given the go ahead so everyone knew about his plans going into their runs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah if I'm remember correctly when Xavier 'died' his mind actually ended up in an ongoing struggle with The Shadow King and through a series of events Fantomex willingly gave up his body to allow Xavier back into our world. Xavier started calling himself X and turned in a real son of a bitch.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Let’s be clear, he was ALWAYS a son of a bitch.

True, but as I said earlier in the thread when the issue came out:

X-O posted:

I just read the Astonishing X-Men Annual and I kind of loved it. I don't know why, but Charles being a complete rear end in a top hat just works for me. Normally he's an rear end in a top hat but it's all the hidden stuff behind the image of the noble X-Men Founder. But him just being a straight up piece of poo poo works really well.

That issue just had had all his bullshit right out in the open.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think Ms Marvel always used mixed case lettering as well. I know other Marvel books have as well. It's not just a shorthand for the Ultimate Universe font.

That being said, Powers of X was crazy. That was one of the best first issues of a new direction I've read in forever because every idea felt new and yet still a part of what we know about the X-Men. Home run issue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

Hickman said it straight up awhile ago.

Well he said it was Ten not X, but he didn't specify why at the time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Shatterstar/Longshot thing is beautiful because it perfectly encapsulates everything about just how crazy the X-Men continuity is. It's all the weird family stuff and time travel stuff distilled into basically two characters.

https://uncannyxmen.net/character-related-topics/shatterstar-is-who%E2%80%A6-what%E2%80%A6-huh

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo Hickman. You are insane. I love it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Even more than Powers of X #1 I think this issue just completely blows the lid off of what we think of as X-Men continuity in the best way. It's such a crazy idea that's he's putting forth here and it really just totally upends the franchise as a whole. I mean he really didn't just come to play around here.

This was the first red highlighted issue on the reading list and now I'm even more excited to see what happens in the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm still having a hard time believing that in one issue Hickman has made Moira MacTaggart probably the most important mutant in the Marvel Universe. And prior to this issue she wasn't even a mutant! So wild.