Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Cabbit posted:

Wolverine spoilers: Daken? What? When did he come back to life, lose an arm, regrow an arm, and become not evil? I'm so confused.

Wolverines. The last book Laura and Daken were in together before Secret Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Onmi posted:

Question I've asked but never gotten an answer to. Did anything ever come of Jean reaching into Warren's brain and twisting it like a puppet so they would stay and he wouldn't freak out?

Kitty, who was the biggest champion of the O5 staying in the present, told Jean that if she ever did something like that again she'd personally ensure they were sent back to the past. So Jean never did it again.

It also made Warren leave the O5 and JGS and side with the Scott-Emma faction of the X-Men, although that was of limited consequence since Kitty and the rest of the O5 also joined them not long after because of what the JGS characters did during Battle of the Atom.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Tempus was the standout new mutant from Bendis' run but I guess he didn't want anyone else using her judging by the way he burned her to the ground on his way out :(

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The thing is the story never treated Jean as having some special power or skill that let her fix Laura where others hadn't, she's just treated as a powerful psychic they had available to them at the time. None of the previous psychics Laura had been around really had access to the "lock an out of control Laura in a room with someone she loves and have her murder them over and over so a psychic can dig around and find something useful to stop the Trigger Scent effect while it's happening" plan that Gabby came up with.

Also Laura's closest family and friends helping cure the mind conditioning that causes her more grief than pretty much anything in the world takes away her agency is a kinda weird take.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
I guess the price to pay for Laura not getting her development erased by a new writer is the Cuckoos getting their characters obliterated instead.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
It's a slightly nicer spot than it's previous location in Limbo

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
If Xavier's resurrection was coming back in Fantomex's body, is he even a telepath anymore? Or did they just kind of hand wave away that aspect.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Skwirl posted:

It wasn't poisoning him when he lost his healing factor shortly before he died.

It was specifically still poisonous at that point, they had a bit where Beast came up with medication for him to take to hold off the infection from it

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
I don't have the issue handy to double check, but I'm pretty sure the issue that explained resurrection said that Cerebro creates a backup of every mutant once a week and resurrection itself only takes place after Cerebro hasn't been able to copy someone for a month to ensure they don't accidentally "bring back" someone who isn't really dead.

So nobody will ever remember experiencing death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The changing of the rules would be that Xavier's dream isn't just doomed to failure, success of the dream also leads to failure - if humans and mutants both continue to exist even peacefully, humans come out on top. So the plan ultimately is turning Xavier towards mutant supremacy (even in relatively mild form) despite his innate goodness and wish to just co-exist with humanity, to bring *everyone* together against them.

From the way Moira's journal describes this it was a precarious balancing act as to how far to push him