Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay so Marvel announced DICK at C2E2 and I wanted to find out what was up. So I hit up all my fellow retail friends that are more deeply connected than I am. The word is the huge black eye X-Men Gold #1 gave them made everyone up the chain a little worried so they have slowed down the new title rollout. We probably won't see additional X-Men books announced until SDCC and NYCC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

That sounds more like an assumption on their part than anything else. Because I'm pretty sure nobody really blamed Marvel for what happened. And besides that the reception to the actual books themselves has been really good.

Yeah, it sounds like they are over reacting but I can understand them wanting to play it safe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Aarons Quentin is always the definitive for me. That first volume of Wolverine and the X-men is just so fantastic. Its too bad the second really screws the pooch.

I just ignore the second volume. It was all bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean with Claremont it's more like who wasn't reduced to infancy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

They should bring back Excalibur, but with the subtitle being "Coalition of Chaos."

Excal, X-Force and X-Factor were all supposed to be announced at C2E2. The X-Men Gold bullshit gave them cold feet so they're all delayed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember when Sunfire got both his legs chopped off by Lady Deathstrike and died, but first got Rogue to take his powers permanently so she could bring Deathstrike to justice, and then for a while Rogue had Sunfire's powers permanently?

Did Sunfire's younger sister (Sunpyre) ever appear again after the Eve of Destruction storyline from immediately before Morrison and Quitely took over the comic?

Didn't Apocalypse restore Sunfire? And he even got his AOA appearance in the deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't Simon just pop out of Rogue in a recent Uncanny Avengers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

haitfais posted:

Pretty sure that's how most people would react to kissing Deadpool.

Hey now, I really like the Rogue/Wade romance.

twistedmentat posted:

Wonder Man has been inside if my 3 favorite Marvel ladies; Rogue, Carol and Wanda. I am sensing a pattern here.

Grosssssssss

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just prior to the Phoenix coming back he'd cloned himself into an entire underground city of Sinisters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bro that is peak X-Men and it fuckin' ROCKED.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love PAD but after All Nee X-Factor it's probably time to let someone else take the reigns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are they counting mini series in the renumbering?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The return of that character was rumored to be the plot of the RESURREXTION mini series before they retooled it into an event branding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

The brood destroyed it

This. He was Brood infected which is why he needed a new body to begin with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
During War of Kings there was a callback to the clone X-Men in the Imperial Guard mini. Like, two pages or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nearly all my preorders have dropped Blue and Gold from their pulls. Orders are way up on Weapon X and Cable and we sold 60 copies of Astonishing #1 and had to reorder more.

So something's working here, just not everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I'm on unlimited, but I can't imagine they'll kill off Gabby.

No but eventually she'll be shuffled off and forgotten about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Young Hank is absolutely going to be the next Sorcerer Supreme.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hanks McCoy would be a good band name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That wasn't even the first time the "real" Jamie died.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

One of the only times I've actually not minded Gambit.

It not you, it Gambit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I'm pretty sure Wolverine's body is in possession of The Avengers or one of the X-Men groups. I distinctly remember that being addressed in one of the earlier issues of Old Man Logan that Captain America was in. I might be making this up, though I can almost swear it happened.

Steve took OML to see it very early in the ongoing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cabbit posted:

Isn't it entirely encased in adamantium?

Well, supposedly his body is in there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TenCentFang posted:

Been out of comics for awhile. Out of the stuff in the OP, what's good and what should I avoid?

Everything is terrible

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TenCentFang posted:

That's the Rhyno salesmanship, huh.

I'm sorry, i thought we were talking about the world in general.

Astonishing is great, Cable is fun, All New Wolverine is great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I dropped Generation X because I don't like Quentin Quire.

I feel like this is a probation worthy offense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Does anyone have any idea when the NEXT appearance of OG Wolverine is? He showed up in Legacy #1 and then... I feel like there' be more promotion about his return. I try to search google news about it but I keep getting news about actual real wolverines. Apparently they're a problem somewhere in the US.

My desire to read anything involving OML is just immediately evaporated now that regular Logan is back. Laura is still a worthwhile character, as is Daken. I've read about 3 panels with Jimmy Hudson in them, and I feel like he came to 616 just for that surprise silhouette with claws on that one issue of blue. But OK, whatever, him to, I'll see what he's about. But OML is just substitute Wolverine and there's no reason for him anymore.

I think somebody said ANGotG.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jedi posted:

Wasn't there a page in something where it showed Wolverine's week and every day he's on a different team?

It was a 2-issue splash page story by Jason Aaron and Adam Kubert.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
X-Men Red will be Old Jean, Young Jean, Rachael Summers, Hope Summers, Wolfsbane, Siryn and uhhhhhhh, whichever other X-Men have red hair.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Red is probably where Logan Classic is going

Well after he gets his own book again.

After they cancel OML and ANW.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah Cable started out fantastice and i immediately droooed it with that art change.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I don't like Quentin Quire.

monster

Roth posted:

The first arc of Cable was fun, and what I always wanted from Cable. And then Ed Brisson took over and it started being garbage.

Agreed so much here though. That book had the strongest launch of all the new x-books and it fell off for us so goddamned hard. Every single preorder has dropped it since Legacy began.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Most importantly he's in a memory hole. Hopefully for good.

I bet he shows up during Infinity WHATEVER.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Families are fine. But do we really need two of the same person running around the MU?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had an interesting conversation at the store. What race is Laura (Wolverine) portrayed as in the comics? Because it seems she's become something of a hispanic icon since Logan was released but I was under the impression that her comic book mom was Asian? Have they clarified this ever?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

She's as Asian as Logan is.

Her mother wasn't Asian either, and even if she was her DNA wasn't used in the cloning.

I'm probably just thinking of how she was drawn in her early mini series. My customer was pretty adamant that she was hispanic in comics and film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The customer who made the claim that started this discussion informs me that she's been a hispanic icon for years. So im just gonna guess that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Grab a copy quick, it sold out at Diamond.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Synthbuttrange posted:

The braddocks are really lousy about losing their eyes

Don't blinkshame them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isn't grand design just attempt 100 to streamline the X-men's past.

I don't need to read more if that.

Is it even in continuity? It feels like just an artist showcase project.