Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Before I continue reading X-Men Blue - Why is Bloodstorm back? did I miss an issue or some other comic where she came back?

She's a different alternate universe version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the quality of Extermination really depends on how it ends. It can go either way on good or bad, but the pacing isn't great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pubic works project posted:

If Extermination brings Scott back, I'll be happy.

That's where I'm at with it. I'd also be fine if young Scott sticks around. But I'd prefer original Scott be brought back.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hot claws! Get your hot claws here!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nah, Scott was always placed as the one to carry on. First X-Man, only one of the originals to stay, Xavier saw him as his son.

But Jean is a good choice to be their leader for a while.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gently caress yeah, Cyclops is coming back! I'll pick up the series because of that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So Age of X-Man is some alternate reality/universe thing that pulls in all the current X-Men and other mutants. Meanwhile Wolverine and a recently-returned Cyclops are left behind and team up as the Last X-Men. That's my guess to everything.

But whatever, so long as Scott is back!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nessus posted:

RIP Skin, taken from us too soon

But if he hadn't died, then we never would have gotten the scene of Jubilee standing over his grave saying how much she wished she boned him before he died.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Heavy Metal posted:

So are they getting rid of the darn time displaced X-kids yet in this relaunchboot? That's my Moby Dick right there, I only need one Jean and Scott and whatnot, except for special weird occassions, let's get rid of the kids. Are we getting rid of the kids?

It seems as if they'll be gone, yes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

amigolupus posted:

Is there even a way to rehabilitate Adult Beast at this point, outside of killing him permanently? S.W.O.R.D. was the best version of Beast, going back to him being the fun guy in the group. So it's a bummer how other writers turned him into a self-righteous prick who did terrible things and how it just kept escalating.

If he's the reason Scott returns, then all is forgiven.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Being weekly helps. Legion was trying to keep another Age of Apocalypse from happening. Except this is the Age of X-Man.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

why is the mansion in central park now

Well it isn't now that it got blown up

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's a good mix of characters that haven't really been put together.

gently caress yeah, Cyclops is back!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The stories have already been printed. They can't go back and change what's been published for 50 years. This is just a way to show that these were the original X-Men we've been reading about.

Iceman is not back in the closet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm just waiting for Uncanny to have Scott back.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Madrox is gonna be part of Scott's team, so I think there will be a point to this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is so 90's that I can't even hate it. You do you, Rob.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I agree with clearing the table so Scott can be like "ayyy you fuckers can't do poo poo without me"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wanderer posted:

Guys, I'm playing LEGO Marvel Super Heroes as part of an article I'm writing about children's software and they've got Cyclops in it with the power to destroy things by heating them up with his optic blasts.

I am so nettled by this on Jay Edidin's behalf.

If he shoots something for long enough, eventually the friction from the blast causes the object to heat up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Put Scott and Emma back together

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

I thought you people wanted X-Men fixed?

:mad:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was one of the worst X-Men runs ever.

Also pretty sure that Hickman is gonna wipe the slate clean and ignore all of that poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm excited to see Fallen Angels being used before. It's such a cool name for a book and a good place to put some misfit characters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that the X-Men cover is a bunch of Summerses, Jean, and then Wolverine

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Let’s be clear, he was ALWAYS a son of a bitch.

Now he's gonna give it to ya

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Has it been address why HoX and PoX are using the font from the Ultimate Universe that only the Maker still uses in 616 now? Every other marvel book is still using comic sans.

Minister of Sound posted:

That's what Jonathan wanted. If there's a significance behind it, I don't know what it is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rantmo posted:

Almost: Longshot is a clone of his son Shatterstar.

Longshot is Shatterstar's father, and Shatterstar is Longshot's father.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why is everyone using spoiler tags for something that came out days ago?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

Did they tell Morrison they would have his back after his changes in New X-men or did he just write the story he wanted to write and then crossed his fingers that it all wouldn't get retconned to poo poo?

I'm pretty sure the only thing he really wanted them to stick with was Scott and Emma staying together.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

Maybe, but I would think he'd prefer to have kept Xorn as a Magneto alias and not whatever weird poo poo they had to do to make him his own character.

Nah. There's a reason his story ends with Scott getting with Emma, and that's because it represents moving on from how the X-Men were and the same old tired stores into something new. Jean was the old and Emma was the new.

Now of course Marvel pretty much ignored that idea, but at least they kept Jean dead and the Emma and Scott relationship for a while.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Web Jew.0 posted:

You guys think Moira having only 10-11 lives is just how her powers work? ie upper limit of Nightcrawler's teleport distance. Or did Destiny foresee that Moira 10 or 11 dies before her powers manifest?

As for the red circle discussion earlier: no other scene was hyped as much as the bench scene so the other red circles can't be "issues containing a scene that was hyped as really important." Also don't think it's likely to be all retcons as opposed to all backstories that may not may not retcon anything.

Destiny said that Moira's powers manifest when she reaches her teens, so if she dies before then, she doesn't come back. Then she said that it would happen after 10 or 11 lives. So if Moira X dies, her next life she might die before she reaches her teens and that'll be that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So at the end of time there’s going to be a slobber knocker between;
Allfather Thor
Godslayer Loki
Old Man Phoenix
The Hulk
Black Doom the Iron Fist Supreme
And a comatose Mr. Immortal

and Franklin with his best friend Galactus

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Guys

Grant Morrison's run started 18 years ago. Holy poo poo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Death of X is terrible. Don't.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think Sinister would create someone that lame.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Proteus can alter reality, so you don't need much of an explanation for adamantium and stuff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

House of and Powers are just setting up the status quo going forward. It's big broad strokes with some explanation put in here and there. I don't expect much time to be given to interpersonal relationships/conflicts unless it directly affects the setup.

I'd expect all the series spinning out of this to handle those chores.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

My favourite part of the issue.
We can create mutant bodies and bring them back. And even make them optimum bodies. Everyone can be at their peak age, in bodies that aren't damaged.
Except you Scott. We are keeping you with that brain injury that prevents you from controlling your powers. It builds character.

It's not a brain injury, but it's because of all his childhood trauma. He did control them for a short time, but at this point in his life it's probably close to impossible. And then if you take away all that trauma, you're fundamentally changing who he is and that's not cool.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What about if you believe in reincarnation?

Then their souls reenter their bodies once Xavier transfers their essence into them.

I think a difference is that a clone is of a still living person. Xavier doesn't resurrect a mutant until they're confirmed dead.

It was also brought up about the ethics of putting another soul into a different husk, and maybe making another husk of a living mutant. I'm sure we're going to see both of those before Hickman is done.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Paige and Warren once hosed in front of her family, so walking around naked is nothing to them