Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gabby is going to call everyone out on their poo poo and it will be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nuns with Guns posted:

Larua's probably a twentysomething at this point. But maybe being a wolverine clone throws that all off?

I got from the Team Up Issue that Kate and Laura are the same age.

There's a trailer for Return of Jean Grey on Marvels youtube channel, and its kinda interesting, in that a big part of it will be that so much has changed since Jean as died for the most recent time that her dealing with it will be a major part.

Though not really, because Logan isn't dead anymore.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jean Grey is pretty solid, and I'm sorry its going.

Blue and Gold borrowing a lot from old school xmen probably helped me get through it and forgive it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rantmo posted:

The only X-book I have dropped completely is Old Man Logan because I'm sick to death of Logan and I hate the way OML supplanted Laura, the best Wolverine. Part of my unwavering dedication to some extremely marginal/bad X-books is that I've read the entire franchise and I'm just committed to it now.

I got bored with OML in the Last Ronin storyline, it just was so boring and drawn out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Um did they kill OML, Emma, Quire, the cuckoos, and young Jean this week?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

Young Jean is super dead, which will last about a month. The others are just unconscious.

It sure as hell looked like OML git his head blown off with a red murasama bullet though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cabbit posted:

I kind of doubt it's going to stick. "We killed [x]!" leading into a next issue revelation of "Oh, actually, [x] is still alive!" is pretty standard comic book drama.

Yea, his head is completely gone, so I dunno. We'll see!

Though my thought since they said Jean was coming back, my assumption has been that young Jean and Old Jean were going to merge, and I'm thinking that's exactly what's going to happen from this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

davebo posted:

Which comic was this in?

All new Wolverine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Laura doesn't need to be adopted she has her own apartment and poo poo already, and has basically already adopted Gabby.

Laura has her poo poo together better than like 99% of the Marvel Universe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I took one look at that books art and it was a hard pass.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm behind due to the xmas week delay in Canada, so just read Pheonix 2, and I'll say Laura stabbing Magneto? with her foot was kinda awesome. Though Diner Erik's star of david kind of looks like a pentagram.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jedi posted:

No, it doesn't. In every shot it gives the impression of having 6 points. I think you're being fooled by the fact that it has a circle around it.

EDIT: Pretty sure I got them all:

I meant it looked like one at a glance, I think its how tight its around his neck, reminds me of how all the goth girls I know wear them. It is always a star of david.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I literally just read Grand Design and its great. I like this condensed verison of the X-men history, and the artists interpretations of characters is neat.

Wolverine and the X-men Vol 1 is amazing, Vol 2 wishes he could be half as good. Like its not bad, its just not as good as the first volume. The thing I love most about it is that Wolverine and the X-men sounds like it should be a balls to the wall action comic, when its almost a wacky high school comedy/drama.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Alvarez IV posted:

Everybody knows the best relationship in the X-Men is Professor X and Magneto.

Charles is always psi texting Erik "you up?"

And Scott + Emma > Scott + Jean.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was great.

Pheonix Ressurection was fine. Jean telling the Phoenix to gently caress off was probably the best option rather than a long drawn out fight and by not also bringing Scott back, it means Jean can be some one other than Cyclops physic girlfriend.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As X-men relationships go, that's a pretty low key.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Diet Poison posted:

Don't forget Wolverine's son, being written as not-an-rear end in a top hat for possibly the first time ever?

Without embellishment this is my favourite comic series of all time.

I've hated Daken up until this series.

Also Gabby's awe at Laura Captain Americaning that guy. Gabby is the best. Oh that reminds me, who was at Sarah Kinney's funeral? Obvs Laura, her aunts, and Gabby, Daken, Logan, Beast, Jubilee and of course JOnathan (who has his own Tux), but who is the blond guy, and the guy with the emo hair, the guy with the black gloves. I assume the blond woman is Carol.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had forgotten grown up Molly Hayes was a villain.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I mean that's Claremont. Kitty seems to have been both into Illyana and Rachael.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Android Blues posted:

In conclusion, while I will accept Kitty getting married to Colossus, I think it is sad that modern authors have not acknowledged Rachel's canonically stupendous gayness.

Yea I was legit surprised when they decided to make Kurt and Rachael a thing. Did they not see how she was totally 80s lesbian coded? Even in an alternative version they don't do anything. At least in Secret Wars Illyana ran off with Leah.

And this is her typical reaction to guys trying to pick her up

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how Future Deadpool was just kind of killed by falling.

That reminds me how I was thinking about the X-men Bendis created for that book, they've basically vanished. I was hoping at least Tempest would show up in the background.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How could I forgotten Goldballs? He's buddies with Miles isn't he?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Storm just straight up stabs Callisto in the heart, only the Sewer Wizard saves her And yea, her beating the Murder Grandpas is amazing. Not to mention Storm nearly destroyed the world because Doom turned her to Chrome and her claustrophobia went into overdrive and she made all the weather on earth go nuts.

In short, Storm is amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, angry mobs out to kill mutant kids are pretty much standard in Marvel.

You guys were right though, X-men Red was pretty good, but the art, woof.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, what's up with the New Mutants? Is it a book that takes place in the past or is Illyana feeling nostalgic and reformed the team and makes everyone fit into their old costumes?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For financial reasons I had to drop some comics, so Blue and Gold were dropped, but I kept Red. I feel like i made the right choice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know if keeping anything Marvel is the right choice anymore.

There's no way I'd dump Squirrel Girl or All New Wolverine, but most of the rest of my books ended on their own.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, similar thing happened ot the Flop House when Elliot Kalan moved to LA to be head writer of MST3K and probably other projects. First few episodes they didn't iron out the issues, but by now its great.

There most recent episode where they talked about the short stories, the one about Nightcrawler made me think of the Castle Anthrax bit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
X-men, like Overwatch, is as gay as you want it to be.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Metalshark posted:

Hard disagree. He should be the foremost X-Men bisexual dude. :allears:

(Magik, Rachel or Kitty as the foremost bisexual lady???)

I'm pretty sure Illyana is just gay.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Metalshark posted:

Yeah, I just assumed that there was a dude somewhere but actually...

I looked into it and yes, she has never shown any real interest in guys. I meaning, during New Mutants she had celeb crushes, but you can chalk that up to her being 15.

Most of the time its this

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As long as they build on what ANW did, it won't be terrible. It could even be good, as the team is solid.

ANW did a lot to make Laura into her own person, not controlled by trigger scent or her history, but I'm afraid that editorial might make them fall back on it.

Though best case with Logan coming back, Laura and Gabby living with him as a family unit would be just fantastic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Made me sad as a kid, because of what happened to Illyana.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've been firmly in favor in just replacing the current X-men with the younger ones, with the exception of Iceman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Old Angel is still alive I think?

Nobody cares about angel.

Aphrodite posted:

Until Jean came back, Beast and Iceman were the only doubles left.

So what you really mean is you want to replace Beast.

Good call.

Yep. My thing about Jean and Scott were that they were prisoners of story, and they could never move beyond being a couple and such, but using the younger ones lets them have stories beyond that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm catching up on Jay and Miles and I listened to the Kelly Thompson interview, and I'm going to have to get the trade of Rogue and Gambit because drat, they make it sound like a lot of fun. Also Gambit's balls.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that's all the stuff they mention in the podcast that got me interested. Gambit, like all characters created to be cool, always bugged me, and he always seemed like a creep. Not to mention I thought to myself way back then "they only put them together because they're both from the South" and never shook it off.

I'll certainly pick up the trade when it comes out. And I'll probably get any marvel book Kelly Thompson writes.

Metalshark posted:

the first half of the first issue actually makes the School feel like a central hub, and the little interactions between the team members are wonderful. :3:

This is something I really want to see in X-men; the school be a bigger part. It should be where everyone hangs out between crazy poo poo, be the place that everything revolves around.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got my LCS to get me a Rogue and Gambit trade when it comes out in July.

I like the time displaced X-men, but the only one I cared about was Jean, but with regular Jean back, their time is up.

Oh god the cover for AN Wolverine 35 is so adorable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They always forget the toe blades.

That was a great ending, I'm hoping X-23 is a good. The Cap was Dani Cage right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pubic works project posted:

Okay so who sent Kitty the bottle of champagne in the Wedding Special?

Emma. The initials are E. F.

Dont feel bad, I though Psylock was Kate Bishop at first. I couldn't identify everyone in the last page. Too many redheads. Racheal is easy, but I can only assume the one on the couch is old Jean.

I liked Illyana leather look in that.