Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea but Scott's a jerk...wait that makes him more of a heir of Xavier than anyone.

Seriously though, making Jean the defacto head of Mutants gives her agency that she's never really had. At least she won't just be pawn of space firebirb or Scott's girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can buy it as Storm is supposed to be this super model statuesque goddess. Jean always seemed to be cute girl in your class/lived next door type.

Is there more than one issue of What If Magik?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dreqqus posted:

Thanks for the recommendations for All New Wolverine. Crushed through it over the last few days. It's great. Especially Gabby. She's a character that in a less skilled writer's hands I would hate but I love her.

My LCS got a new manager and she mostly read indie comics and she was asking me for some Marvel stuff to recomend, and I told her AN Wolverine. She told me today she had read everything up to the most recent x-23 issue. That was a week ago.

I did have to explain to her about who the Cockoos were though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am interested in that one that has the kids. Looks like Tempest is on the team. The Apocalypse one makes it look like he's become an artist.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't want Scott back, because suddenly Jean will become Scott's Girlfriend again because people can't loving let that go and let her be her own character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So my theory about Logan being inside the World is busted with Jean and Kitty and the rest being able to go find him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd have had no problems with killing Cassandra, but this is probably a better punishment.

So when Kitty and Ben has a Hanukkah, does Magneto get invited?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

There was a special a couple of years ago about them going to a Chinese buffet and he was not there but moon knight and songbird were!

Yea I remember that. That's actually what made me think of it. I bet Magneto makes amazing latkas.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think Wanda is probably more embracing of her Romani heritage than Pietro, though Red Skull literally says "A Mutant, a Jew and A G-word..." but that's some nazi's opinion, that didn't come up at all in her solo series.

Pietro is such an edgelord he doesn't believe in nothin, man. Lorna I think they're keeping his daughter.

I loved the X-mansion White Elephant. I want that signed Dazzler poster.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So only after, what 8 issues Uncanny actually does something interesting? I haven't hated it, but I've certainly being buying it because I'll always buy the mainline X-men comic more than anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I never knew Maddrox was so popular.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He just felt like a background character to me, as I never read that X-factor run. That was the time where if it wasn't Wolverine it wasn't going to interest me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Squirrel Girl, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver was it,. but really, did they have anything to do with them being mutants? SG was more of a joke character and the Maximoffs were always Avengers adjecent outside of their first appearances and some one offs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CharlestheHammer posted:

Quicksilver is more known for his stint in X-factor than anything.

Though their in universe roles don’t really matter to my point which was to try and get characters they could out of the way.

I’m surprised people are so defensive about an obvious thing.

I think most peoples minds mutant = X-men and their villains.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figured Uncanny would pull out of its dive and hit a skid landing, but it plowed right into the ground.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I literally had no idea what happened at the end there until I saw what was being talked about in the thread. You know you've done a good job on a book if that happens.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So whats up with Kid Cable?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I coudln't hate this Uncanny, because watching Logan tear into mutant haters will always be something I enjoy. The fact he is a figure of terror for them makes it better.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

rantmo posted:

Or they just should have left Logan dead and actually treated Laura like Wolverine.

That's what I wanted from the start. I like Logan being back, but I would have prefered if Laura just straight up was Wolverine. Being salty with the team leader, drinkin' beer, chewing on cigars, calling people knucklehead and banging everything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Heh adult Scott remembers making out with Laura. Anyone else he might have uncomfortable make out memories with?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I picked up Next Gen last week, and I enjoyed it but I feel like unless I'm getting all the Age of X-men, it's kind of pointless.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If return of Wolverine was not written by someone like Soule or anyone of his level, it would be acceptable, but dang.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Catching up from last week, RIP Strong Guy, I came to like you a lot more than I used to.

Also hopefully Magik will be a major player in this X-men team.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can accept that whatever Persephone's power was, it jump started his healing factor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Beerdeer posted:

Molly Hayes and Honey Badger headlining a student book. Printing money.

Yea I really want a book that focuses on young characters right now. West Coast kinda scratches that it, but I'd rather see Kate and America having to heard a bunch of teenagers.

That was a best issue of Uncanny in a while. God drat they're putting Maddrox through the wringer lately.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dawgstar posted:

Also WCA is going away and that makes me sad.

Yea, which is a bummer because Gwenpool won't have a home again. Honestly, a new Young Avengers series is what I want. Or a new Wolverine and the X-men.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dreqqus posted:

But I'd take Wolvie too.

Unless they get Kalan back, then they could never do it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am so into Illyana's dress at the Funeral.

But i'm confused, X-23 is still going, but they list both Laura and Gabby among the dead. Going to assume this is one of those "don't think about it too hard" things.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's what I figured, Logan that's currently going to rescue Thor either already has, or is going to be hacking up Not Purifiers.

The "who's Emma Frost" thing is the first real hook so far in this series that is getting me excited for the next issue, though Emma being evil again is not something I want.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't want to over hope what could happen, but based on Hickmans Avengers we could see something akin to classic Claremont era. Without the weird fetish stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

Hey who wants to see Chamber murder a bunch of people and then just die!

anyone? !

Good about that issue
Illyana's Bauhaus shirt, Wolverine getting out, Juggs
Bad
everything else.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rick posted:

Schism was something that I thought would hate. Then the break up story was really good and I thought I would love it. It turned out I was right. I hated the Cyclops half of he divide and loved the Wolverine half.

It gave us Wolverine and the X-men didn't it? drat that was great.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Please tell me there's only one issue of Uncanny left before Age/Power of X-starts.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, the 17th. Then House starts the 24th.

Oh thank God. This is the definition of sunk cost for me, even more for me to keep watching Arrow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Adnor posted:

So who do you think will tragically die in the last issue of Uncanny?

I think Dani, because it seems Rosenberg has something against characters that I like. Maybe Magik but I doubt Marvel would let him.

Better not kill off Illyana. The only good thing is probably everything that's happened will be undone by Hickman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Open Marriage Night posted:

I have no idea what to expect with Hickman. His Phoenix powered Cyclops in Secret Wars was so drat weird.

He gets punked by Doom right out of the gate, so I dunno what to expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always got the impression the editoral powers at Marvel were afraid to ask Bendis to do things.