Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is Jubes still a Dracula? She is sure making a weird face on that cover, as if she had just eaten some festival dumplings or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

If only they had 6 mutants who could enhance and supercharge other mutant's powers.
By performing this ritual, Wolverine would rise again as a Super Mutant God, and Laura would have to train with Whis to become a Super Mutant God Super Mutant, which will turn her hair blue.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Android Blues posted:

That ridiculous scene in Gold where he gets beaten to "death" by a mob of fearful New Yorkers who think he's a demon (and for some reason doesn't teleport away) and then is angstily like, "Heaven will not accept me...I cannot die..." is just the blurst.
Hasn't he been on TV?

What are they doing with Armor lately?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Galvanik posted:

The unreasonable hate and fear mutants deal with always seems way less unreasonable when something like a baby that can melt flesh by crying shows up. Why do writers keep doing things like that?
Creative bankruptcy.

What would be more interesting would be to look at other twists on this stuff. Mutant superfans. People trying to adopt a mutant identity ("I got an eleventh toe!"). Polluting-rear end companies saying that actually they're doing their workers a favor because who wouldn't want to be like the Guthries with at least two beautiful bouncin' mutant children? etc.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Autism Sneaks posted:

It immediately took me out of Red when the torch and pitchfork lynch mob, which itself was pretty absurd, had literal pitch torches. That, and Jean appealing to the UN to recognize mutants as some extranational unified entity which I guess she just declared herself representative of (in an admittedly good speech) made absolutely zero sense. Are the X-Men ISIS now?
Mutants are a presumably-ubiquitous minority group with needs (mostly of the 'please do not murder us or use us for biological research or evil schemes' sort) so I can see having some kind of... representative, of some kind. Some kind of international agreement even if it's just "mutants, even if very ugly, are human beings legally equal to flatscans."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but that’s one more than old Iceman.
I don't know, I always found him to be cool.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The Claremontism I remember most clearly, circling overhead like a great predatory bird, was "a body" used as a third-person expression. This is one thing when it's about milk but it was about sex thirst and... actually mostly sex thirst, but then again, Claremont.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

She mentioned feelings of attraction towards another woman when talking to a telepath and I do not think that was meant as a goof (or at least, not primarily as a goof).

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Magnus used to be as close to we knew as his real name, especially given it was coming from Chuck who knew him best.
Magneto is his real name; it is just not the one his parents gave him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rick posted:

One of the reasons that Rachel is one of my faves is not only did she help solve the problem she came back for, but she realized she had the near omnipotent power so she had the responsibility to go back and fix her present, and did that too.

But they are always about ignoring everything Excalibur did which I guess I understand in a way because comics abhor solved problems and Alan Davis basically solved all the problems that everyone went into Excalibur with.
Excalibur seems like Marvel's Legion of Super-Heroes, it's stuff that's THERE and has had impact but is kind of coralled in its own little brexited ghetto for the most part. I'm sure it also has fanatical devotees. (I'm one.)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rick posted:

I thought it was dumb when I first read it but I dunno on rereads it feels like it makes sense, at least when Claremont or Davis is writing.
Claremont and Davis had a shared sort of breathless-adventure energy which makes a lot of these things work - I'd actually say Davis was better at it since I think he was also significantly less horny, or at least channeled it better. The whole lighthouse/linchpin thing also meant that the hilarious weird random chance made more sense.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

It's interesting to read the Excalibur stuff that Davis wrote and drew later on. He's clearly having a ball with it. Nightcrawler trying to lead the Technet as the new Excalibur briefly is a delight.
The Technet loving own, I reckon, I was so glad to see them in that Rocket mini. I bet they're hard to draw and would slow down productions.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Skwirl posted:

And she lives in a sewer by choice? The Morlocks are really badly conceived in general, given the time period they were created they should have been in a Brooklyn tenement
If there were enough of them, why, they might found some kind of Mutant Town.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

You wouldn't read an X team that's all about skin care?!
RIP Skin, taken from us too soon

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Wolverine isn't a mutant, he's part of a race of wolf people.
They're called "Canadians," Rhyno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

rantmo posted:

I love the gun-shaped object hovering magically against his back.
I think he's a Warframe