Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
This is a perfect opportunity to bring my boy Longshot into the fold, mullet and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm right there with ya. I've read the Claremont run a few times but haven't really checked in on x books aside from brief moments over the years (Civil War, post secret, stuff like that). This is doing amazing things for kid me who grew up obsessed with xmen stuff.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What's a good way to read Claremont xmen? I do a lot of digital comics these days, is there a giant lump collection or is it just those essential books?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is God loves, man kills its own separate story? I haven't read it yet and I wasn't sure if it was a compilation of issues or a stand alone.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well gently caress you guys for mentioning grand design, I've been binging on it all weekend. It's awesome.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

gently caress, that was an issue. It also Doesn't make me feel great that we're just growing x-men in pods now. Hoping to get some info on that soon.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It feels like The trick will be the pod squad won't remember dying or something like that. Sacrificing soldiers and loving with people's memories seems like peak Xavier.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

gently caress man, the brood saga is so drat weird. Glad I'm through it finally but what a trip.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I have to say I think Paul Smith might be my favorite penciler during Claremonts run. He uses a lot of thin lines and really leaves a lot of open space for vibrant solid colors. His covers for 167 and 168 are some of my favorite simply because they have large chunks of color popping through (I think it works best with wolverines brown and gold costume).

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Very cool stuff, I'm very okay with Hickman sinister being the standard. Also trying to figure out the secrets list but coming up short on a lot of these.

Curious about the initial 4 horsemen. One looks like firelord, another like they have a shi'ar hairstyle. Can't figure out the other two.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did Mariko ever have a kid?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Something I noticed on a re read of the Moira's lives issue. The four horsemen in that issue look like the same as r "original" ones. The only difference is one switched out for Moira. There's one that looks like anubis, one with the fire staff, and one that has the Egyptian head dress thing. spoilers for today's issue.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I would say the wolverine one would be Maddy Pryor because of the time between fall of mutants and inferno, but it mentions the island as well which just makes it confusing.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

danbanana posted:

Is Gillen's Uncanny run worth a Marvel Unlimited read?

Do what I did and get unlimited for one thing, then read literally everything else instead.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I definitely don't feel like the xmen are good guys at this point. This whole thing gives off a bad guy vibe and apocalypse saying "hey this was my idea and you guys made it happen" certainly doesn't help. Still, props for Random showing up out of nowhere.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did proteus ever come back before this? I thought he was killed during his uncanny arc in the 70s

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Real missed opportunity not putting eagle plaza forge in short shorts.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah it helped tidy things up to prep for the new series, which I'm very ready for.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Having just read the initial factor run I must agree Jean and Scott's costumes at the end of the series are my favorites for them and it sucks they only had them for a short time.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Skwirl posted:

She's not a mutant. You can debate about whether or not a clone of a mutant counts as a mutant, but they generally have powers at a genetic level. All of Madelyne's poo poo is magic.

Didn't her powers fry a bunch of brains during their first visit to genosha?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I can't be the only one who sees Ben Affleck on the cover of this issue right? Teen cable is weird. This issue was pretty great though, having just finished reading the Claremont Era stuff I'm glad to see Rachel back.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

but he can theoretically do a lot more than that.

Like ruin a steak :doom:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

But not combined like they were at Doug's funeral. Yeesh, that was a bleak issue.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Not knowing much beyond the cast, I expected this to be a series I dropped after a couple issues. After this I'm definitely into it. Also hoping for more boat travel scenes. One thing I miss from the Claremont stuff is all the downtime scenes with characters in normal clothing just bopping about. Maybe more downtime stuff will scratch that itch.

I agree I'm not sold on the full cast yet, seems like a sort of random assortment but I'll wait to see how they're written to interact.

Side note: have we seen colossus yet? I was wondering where he was at and couldn't remember if he'd shown up in hox/pox or the dawn stuff.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

And I know Iceman's living on an island and he's in fact had uniforms in the past that were literally just underwear, but does he even have a wardrobe at this point? Is he just walking around everywhere like...that?

When every day on the island is "party Gras" or whatever, he probably fits right in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Dreqqus posted:

It's not every character that can get away with a nationality switch:

https://youtu.be/M1yHhLDOdbs

The show runner for the animated series (not the pryde pilot) claimed the accent came out of the popularity of crocodile dundee or something. I always assumed it was from the team being in Australia at the time the show was being made.