Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

PaybackJack posted:

That preview does not inspire me at all. I hate that there are a bunch of BAMFs that teleport people all over the place, and here it's all so the writer can work in a reference to eating ramen in Japan, which is just nerd trendy. Then sudden oh haha there's the wrecking crew ruining her lunch, who is she, Spider-Man? It's just so loving contrived. Even her inner monologue about not wanting to be that 'other' Jean comes off as uninspired. Oh and she has four 'brothers' and brothers are by definition awful but hers have super powers so they're super awful.

I think I just vomitted in my mouth. Marvel has not been clicking for me outside of a few comics and the X-Men series has been plagued by this kiddie-teen bullshit since Wolverine split from Cyclops. I guess I had my day of grim-dark Cyclops saving the Earth and now it's time to have more wacky adventures and ponder the meaning of adolescence, but I'm done with this poo poo. 80's New Mutants had more of an edge than this crap.

It feels like all these writers are writing to get jobs scripting the next animated series so nothing loving matters, and it's all just "Haha, look at how fun our comic is!"

You care so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Which I find weird because the first time I know I saw her was when Wolverine and the then depowered Ms Marvel go to the Pentegon and run into her

She sure as hell looks older than 18. My guess is she just got younger as she drained more peoples abilities. Or the artists wanted another hot redhead on the team, and every time she was drawn she grew younger until we got the Jim Lee Bombshell Rogue that we all know and love.

Gambit is more bearable in his early appearances, but he's still the herald of the 90s.

I think Wanderer was thinking of movie Rogue. I always figured comic Rogue to be about the same age as the original five, and she spent some time rolling with Mystique before she put on the X, so she would have been way past 18. Her relationship with Gambit was the least skeevy thing about him.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Soonmot posted:

She just vomitted out Wonder Man after kissing Deadpool a few months back

Pretty sure that's how most people would react to kissing Deadpool.