Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I would love to have those posters in the background as actual posters.

Might wanna avoid the one with the phrasing "Black Devil".

HTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Look, if you have a clumsy child you make him wear a helmet. If you have death-prone children, you keep a few clones of them in the lab.

Now I'm imagining Scott and Logan talking about all the times Xavier's died and come back and getting hung up on the time they grew mustaches.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Unfortunately, Honey Badger is already taken.

All-New, All-Different Honey Badger.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

They've been doing the same with the Avengers. DC is doing it with the Justice League.

To be fair, DC is doing it using rejected Pokemon Go player faction names.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

IUG posted:

Wow, that last page of Legion was one hell of an ending. Should have seen it coming with David's shirt...

Spoil it please? I'm not gonna be able to make it to the shop for a while.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Is that how we're supposed to use that 3rd seashell?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Scott Aukerman mojo is a must read for me

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Because actual wolverines have hot claws probably.

Wolverines don't have hot claws...yet.

Cue solicits for Wolverine: The Other (2019).

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Diet Poison posted:

Haha because of the dumb rear end Twitter Preview format, I didn't initially notice why the Madrox picture is so great.
Also I am totally down to read a book featuring the X-Team of Pixie, Rockslide (Hell yeah!), and a Guy in a Suit. Who in hell is that.

Kinda looks like they're hinting that's Legion.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Legion's mom was Israeli, so he definitely counts.

Edit: here's a pretty thorough listing
http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/comic_book_religion.html

There's a character from the 90's X-Force named Bedlam whose Jewish, and Bobby Drake is ethnically Jewish, but his family is practicing Catholics. It has Lorna list as Jewish Catholic also, but I don't know what the context is for that.

Lorna being Magnetos Daughter probably.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Cabbit posted:

These Loss edits are getting pretty obscure.

I don't know. it seems pretty obvious to me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

If I'm enjoying the new Hickman series, should I bother jumping into other current X stuff, or will everything just be rebooted after House and Powers conclude?

I’d just stick with the Hickman stuff and see how everything shakes out. Current x-men has been pretty dire from everyone else’s description.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I was thinking that maybe Life 6 will turn out to be the timeline we know and love while what's happening in HoX is 4 lifetimes after that, very close to the known timeline but with whatever changes Moira and Xavier have planned.. Either that or something really out there. Whatever it is there's obv a reason it's been left out and it's going to be a Very Big Deal

I'm thinking this as well. Life 7 is when the crazy stuff starts.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Web Jew.0 posted:

None of the timelines ended, the circle just denotes Moira dying. The dotted line also meant coma in another timeline, so maybe Moira IX fell into a coma or got possessed or something?

I figured dotted lines meant no memories from that point onward.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

This. If your level of x-men knowledge is I saw 3 episodes of the 90s cartoon show you'll be fine. You can always wiki the stuff you dont recognize.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

danbanana posted:

Am I dense... who's the woman (?) Wolvie gives a beer to, in what looks like a kimono?

That's the Gorgon (not the Inhuman one, the Hand/HYDRA one).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgon_(Tomi_Shishido)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

davebo posted:

I want to know how Krakoa grew an extra part of itself on the other side of the planet. Did they just take a pail of dirt from it and dump it on an existing island to grow or just take a rowboat to the middle of the ocean with a flower warp and he just extended some branches out into it? Does that initial warp have to remain open or the remote island loses link with its consciousness and falls into the ocean? Should I keep calling Krakoa an "it" or does s/he have a gender and I'm being insensitive?

I think it’s male simply by virtue of being merged with Doug in the future, but maybe that’s more Doug than Krakoa.