Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
They gave Psylocke Jessica Jones's Jewel costume and this is a major step back for Cannonball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
The latest Generation X was full of bi/gay storytelling. I don’t remember anything beyond that, including the characters’ names, so they will probably have that same Anole problem.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Rhyno posted:

His one arm is bigger because he is a chronic masterbater.

The one thing worse than "he got it chopped off in a hell dimension and it grew back corrupted by evil."

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Banshee looks like he has some T-O tracing on him there. Also is that Moonstar Mirage? Because I thought that was Warpath.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Oh wait - in the recent New Mutants series, the whole NM team got infected with the TO virus. I’d guess that’s Karma

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Molly Hayes and Honey Badger headlining a student book. Printing money.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Poor Rahne. In-universe she's only like 18-19 too.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Metalshark posted:

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...d-cool-cyclops/ - very serious Hickman interview.

Big fan of the Gillen Sinister and Emma Frost shoutouts - plus, Roberto and Sam. :hellyeah:

While I'm not sold on Jean wearing the 60s dress and mask, since it's so much more dated than the version in Age of X-Man, the idea of the X-Men just wearing their old uniforms as their wardrobe is pretty fantastic.

Every so often someone's wandering around with a Morrisson-era leather X-Jacket.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
That reminds me of X-Men Unlimited, the anthology book. I’d love to have something like that back.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I just want my OG New Mutants to get some love and respect :smith:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
The New Mutants were my first and favorite super-hero team :smith:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Jim the Nickel posted:

Along these lines I want a team of the quiet dorks with obvious mutations like Eyeboy and Ernst and Glob that maybe aren't the best fighters but who could have outreach roles to new mutants. Like make it so they don't feel like they have to go live in the sewers with the Morlocks just because they're a lil ugly.

This was the last Generation X series.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Jim the Nickel posted:

Man, I really wasn't into that book. I like Jubilee and the original Generation X characters that popped up, but the team itself was very :effort:

You got Eyeboy, who's great, Bling, who's fine, and Nature Girl who barely did anything interesting. And then you got the three pretty boys, two of whom seemed like they only existed to have a love triangle with Quentin Quire.

It was not a good book. It was as described though. These were not going to be the heavy hitters so they were supposed to learn to be diplomats.

I didn't care for it until the old Gen Xers got play.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

davebo posted:

If he didn't have Warlock bits on him I would never remember who he was. Just last night I was reading the X-Men annual from 1985 and at one point he fuses with Warlock to help Warlock heal. My problem with the New Mutants was always their identical uniforms. Superhero costumes are awesome and it cuts so much personality out of any character to have them dress the same as everyone else.

The New Mutants’ “graduation costumes” were awful but the second set, around the Fall of the Mutants, were great.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Parallax posted:

i know comic book time is always silly but reading through claremont’s run right now and how it handles time makes the idea of the x-men only having been around for 10 years as of now feel very very silly

The New Mutants explicitly went to see ET at the theater and watched Magnum PI on tv.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I was thinking today about what Krakoan regeneration might mean for depowered characters like Moonstar. If Krakoa could reboot the DNA or if Wanda completely excised the X-Gene.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

CubanMissile posted:

drat, I wanna know who he's referring to in all the Sinister Secrets but I don't think I know enough X-men history. So far I got:

#3 Wanda
#5 Logan, and Jean?
#7 Scott, Alex
#8 Apocalypse
#9 Kitty and Peter?

3 is Madelyn
5 is Logan, but Jean doesn't have a kid
6 is Cassandra Nova (progeria) or Ernst
7 is the Summers family. Cyclops, Havok, and Vulcan are explicitly referenced. Maybe ADAM X THE XTREME (i hope because I am dumb)
8 is Apoc. I originally thought of the Horsemen from Fall of the Mutants but Krakoa's story changed that
10 is Xavier doesn't know that the Sinister to whom he was talking is no longer around

edit: I forgot that they've called Wanda a pretender. That's more likely than Madelyn

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 11, 2019

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Mimic isn't a mutant, is he? He's an altered human by his dad.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Are people spoiling the issue or the leaked council?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
The whole issue was about computer storage space. Is there some plan for resurrecting all the mutants after the phalanx eats the humans and machines?

Also, that New Mutants issue took me right back to being 11 again.

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 26, 2019

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Since when is Magik a general?

Dani/Sam/Scott are the generals. Illyana is the bus.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I hope they address the decimation sometime. I'd like those kids on the bus back.

And Wallflower should be able to come back even without repowering, if Synch and Skin can.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
So they should have kept Krakoa the first time they ran into it and they should have monetized Utopia.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I realize I'm at least 10 years out of date but I hate that Bishop is an active X-Man after the Hope stuff.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Does Xavier sleep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Not gonna stop posting about Magik.