Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rochallor posted:

There was a weird reference to "North Valnon" as a country ruled by a kleptocratic family, which is weird, because North Korea has definitely appeared in other books and there are scenes set in both Russia and Taiwan here. Has Marvel been treading lightly around NK recently or something? I'm reading a lot fewer comics than I used to.

Duggan created Valnon a few years ago when he was writing Hulk.

Edit: Actually it seems to go back at least a few more years to Deadpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, everyone seems to remember it as North Korea. One of those Mandela things I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There was a period where the enhanced senses/physical attributes/healing package was some weird offshoot dog mutant thing but I think that story ends with a reveal it was all bullshit?

Rochallor posted:

This is the obvious solution, yeah. Iraq's even better. It's not like we're ever going to run out of wars to plop him into.

Magneto's history with the Holocaust is a more pressing problem, but he's been de-aged multiple times and magnets something something slow the aging process.

His slice of the universe has resurrection now anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s the opposite. In all but about 3 cases secondary mutations are just variations on original powers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Krakoa could let Lockheed through.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, we saw humans enter in a previous issue. Corsair also isn't a mutant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

That's so weird because I am a lifelong X-Men fan and I absolutely love his stuff. I was just telling a friend last week that this is the first time since I was a child that I get excited for the next week's X-Title

He means how half the posts in this thread are about Magik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wolverine probably should have been Australian.