Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

i've got a google alert set up that will text me when derrick rose is back

You and several other battered women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

This kind of poo poo is why you had to resign the first time, you moron

His Lebron tweet is one of his finest

Laker Nation: The Lakers should call LeBron James agent. We know he's going stay in CLE but they should go after him just in case he leaves.
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

leftist heap posted:

Stotts' advice for Meyers Leonard this summer? Play more basketball lmao

https://twitter.com/BlazerFreeman/status/856983372270247936

this was his 5th year in the league

Maybe he meant 2k

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

leftist heap posted:

like look at this corny goddamnn hair. gently caress man you know it's not illegal for white people to have a fade right?

Ol' Badger Head earned the love of Fred

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dwane Casey has at least one more year to do the exact same thing he's done for the last few years. I'm sure things will be different next season

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It's so boring

That'd honestly be my biggest problem with it if I were a Raptors fan. You know what's going to happen. Every single one of you correctly predicted the outcome of this last season. At least spice it up

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

Dude has NEVER worn a good pair of jeans

got no qualms with these tbh, especially on the jordan jean spectrum

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah those are fine and also definitely picked by the costume designer for that photo shoot, which since it looks like a dorm room I'm assuming is before he became so popular he made all his own decisions

He's a special denim boy.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Somehow I forgot that Doug McDermit got traded to OKC last year. I thought he'd be a Bull forever

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

attackmole posted:

Casey said in an interview today that he's gotten word from the FO's that he's coming back. We kinda her it before but this is another confirmation. FFS.

Who was the guy who said earlier that it's not even that it's bad, it's just that it's so goddamn predictable? He was right on the money. You get to watch the same lovely system take the team to around 50 wins before flaming out in the playoffs for another year and there's no surprises. I've watched this story for the last 4 years and I'm getting tired of it. It was kinda fun for the first year or two but it's so goddamn dumb treading water when the team has the exact same loving issues, year after year after year.

I tend to operate as a full time Raptors fan and part time Spurs fan. Maybe it's time to swap those around until I see something interesting happen.

Well if Lowry doesn't return you might get to watch them win like 35 games or something. Surely that's what you desire

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It was a good season boys. On to the draft. Special thanks to IT for an incredible year-long display

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

Welcome. I'm getting your care package together. Where should I send it? If you wanna hit me in the DMs...they're open

Ohhhh buddy. Sent a PM. Now I'm excited.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Sam Mitchell taught Zach Lavine how to dribble by forcing him to weave through dummies made out of hockey equipment (with hockey sticks as limbo bars to force him to keep his dribble low) and look what happened to Zach's game. I'd love to have Sam Mitchell as an asst coach

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Who are the (available) coaches that you Raptors fans would like to see replace Casey? Not snarky, genuinely interested who's out there

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shear Modulus posted:

last summer vogel and joerger were both on the market

I don't know much about Joergers style but Vogel wouldn't do much to help out the Raptors offensive scheme issues, imo.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shear Modulus posted:

thats true. i just think that its not the case that "better" or as good of coaches havent become available during casey's tenure.

Oh I'm sure that better coaches than Casey have been available, I'm more interested in what sort of coach/identity Raptors fans are eager for since the "scrappy overachieving underdog" Casey worldview is clearly wearing thin due as evidenced by nearly every fan's impatience with him

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

attackmole posted:

Promote an assistant. Take a risk. See what happens. Nick Nurse is supposedly good. It could be more of the same, but the team has cleaned house on assistants before while keeping Casey around and the style has always remained pretty similar so I'd speculate that they're not having a lot of say directly on play calling and style as is.

On a similar risk note, if Lowry goes to the Sixers or something, what would be your ideal course of action? Trade Derozan to the Lakers for some youngsters or picks?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

attackmole posted:

I haven't watched the 905 so I dunno how Stackhouse works. He took the team to a title so apparently he knows something and rumours are that he seems good. Personally, I know that playing and coaching are two different things, but I'm skeptical that one of the most prolific chuckers in league history would be the guy to clean up the Raptors shot selection and ball movement.

He's legendarily angry and tough so he'd be perfect to force a new system

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I feel like some sort of tragedy is inevitable. This fuckin sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

This could be fun, what the heck, I'll apply and not get the job.

I think you'll get the job, Rick. I'll give you a very good reference.

• Locked thread