Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think I'm gonna be in here pretty soon depending on what happens with Gobert but god bless Iso Joe for delaying the inevitable a bit. This season will be a huge what if depending on what happens this offseason with Hill and Heyward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hi thread! The Warriors are really good!

Probably would have wound up about the same anyway but I do kinda wish I could have seen what would have happened if this team had stayed healthy. At completely full strength I think they were as good as anyone except the Warriors. Hope they can bring Heyward and Hill back next year. It'll probably end up about the same way but it's way better than the alternative.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Jazz are a good team and maybe that Aussie PG finally makes the leap next year.

It would be a pretty dramatic leap. Hill is on the wrong side of 30 and couldn't stay on the court this year but they're gonna be hosed if they can't bring him back

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hearing Zach Lowe say that every team that isn't in the conference finals should rebuild gets so loving tiring.

I don't think he's saying he definitively should, just pointing out that there is a hard ceiling to some of these teams and asking whether or not it's something they will/should consider. It's an interesting thing to talk about as evidenced by the last however many pages of this thread and the bulk of the conversation on the NBA internet generally.

Fwiw I think being a consistent winner the routinely makes like the second round can be fun (love you, Deron/Boozer/Memo) and is generally underrated by the weird Heinke cult folks who act like there is no difference between falling short of the title and being the literal worst team in the entire sport (or that the latter is actually way more desireable because ASSETS). The NBA season is very long and there is something to be said for being able to turn on the TV for a random game in January and know that they have a good chance of winning more often than not.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 9, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Jazz are probably one of the teams that has done the best job building through the draft recently and their last 3 top 10 picks are still Dante Exum, Enes Kanter, and Trey Burke. The draft is hard!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kibner posted:

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/865267624883752961

Davis only four points ahead of Gobert for first team.

That seems like a totally reasonable argument?

Not that I expected him to but Heyward sneaking onto the third would have been nice in terms of giving Utah a better chance at keeping him :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Lonzo is cool and fun it's not his fault his dad is an insane person

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The Celtics offered a Godfather Pizza or something as well, idk.

Danny Ainge Tried So Hard and no one appreciated the insane offers he definitely made, how dare you suggest otherwise

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Laettner was the best ping pong player on the team, so imagine Jordan getting furious about Christian loving Laettner repeatedly owning him while Larry Bird slams michelobs and taunts him from the floor.

Also the best NBA ping pong anecdote is that David Stern is apparently loving amazing at it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

cougar cub posted:

Las Vegas Summer league tickets are now available :toot:

If the Lakers draft Ball they might completely fill Thomas & Mack.

I don't think I can go this year but consider this my annual urging of others to do so because it is extremely fun.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

C. Everett Koop posted:

Summer league games can be great or terrible messes or both at the same time. I fondly remember Andrew Bynum picking up his 7th personal in one such game.

I was at Oden's debut and he had like 8 before halftime

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cool Buff Man posted:

Who are the (available) coaches that you Raptors fans would like to see replace Casey? Not snarky, genuinely interested who's out there

I doubt they'd go with someone already on staff but I still hope someone eventually gives Nick Nurse a shot as a head coach. He's coached all over, won a d-league title with two different teams, and seems really well regarded as an assistant

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/869615740999041024

I like this, it's a cool mix of the current and original Wolves logo

RIP to one of the worst team names in professional sports history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

To replace doc ? Help doc?

just click the dang link, man