Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

BIZORT posted:

Ujiri got a promotion awhile ago I think. He's President there now but he's basically still GM

Masai posted:

“I think he has paid his dues, a great basketball mind, and the time has come,” Ujiri said. “It’s sad sometimes, but I think eventually it was going to happen somewhere, somehow.

“I tried to fake it with the GM title last year and give him a raise and everything, but it didn’t fake anyone out, I guess.”

So yeah, basically senior assistant gm.

One of the interesting things is that since the GM title is worth less than that on other teams it would probably rule out any big name outside hires. Which means the likely outcome is that someone within the org who is used to working in the system.

That would put current Vice President of Basketball Operations Teresa Resch on the shortlist for the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Kibner posted:

Asking here as well as in Trad Games, but does anyone know of any basketball tabletop games? I think I'm gonna try my hand at making a D&D for basketball (think 2K MyPlayer but with multiple players and probably turn-based) and want some inspiration for on-court play rules.

Strat-o-matic is apparently still making new versions. They were big back in the ancient days before computers could sim sports.

http://www.strat-o-matic.com/about/how-to-play/basketball#board

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

attackmole posted:

Promote an assistant. Take a risk. See what happens. Nick Nurse is supposedly good. It could be more of the same, but the team has cleaned house on assistants before while keeping Casey around and the style has always remained pretty similar so I'd speculate that they're not having a lot of say directly on play calling and style as is.

Stackhouse is supposed to be good and went down to 905 specifically to get HC experience rather than stay with the big team as as an asst.

Overall, I don't think Casey is a negative coach, his style just doesn't really work for this team. I think he's at his best getting underachieving players to play at their best, but that's not really the Raptor profile anymore.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

MourningView posted:

I doubt they'd go with someone already on staff but I still hope someone eventually gives Nick Nurse a shot as a head coach. He's coached all over, won a d-league title with two different teams, and seems really well regarded as an assistant

How is Stackhouse thought of outside Toronto? He's talked up as a future HC a lot here and he went down to 905 rather than staying with the big team specifically to get HC experience and won a championship there.

• Locked thread