Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I could go with Marc Gasol over KAT and I toss up between George and Butler but mostly it's all pretty sane, cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Crossposting from G/V

If the Raptors decide to rebuild my dream is that we trade Derozan to the Lakers and fleece Magic in a classic Ma$ai move. That's my fan-fiction of the day, thanks for reading, god bless.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/861968273507856384

https://twitter.com/Paul__Jones/status/861962723135029248

Plz Masai (nothing will probably change)

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 9, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
the legend grows

https://streamable.com/2y7eb

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm sure D'Angelo loves hearing that. And yeah, there must be tons of teams willing to take Mozgov and Deng. Good job Magic.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Casey said in an interview today that he's gotten word from the FO's that he's coming back. We kinda her it before but this is another confirmation. FFS.

Who was the guy who said earlier that it's not even that it's bad, it's just that it's so goddamn predictable? He was right on the money. You get to watch the same lovely system take the team to around 50 wins before flaming out in the playoffs for another year and there's no surprises. I've watched this story for the last 4 years and I'm getting tired of it. It was kinda fun for the first year or two but it's so goddamn dumb treading water when the team has the exact same loving issues, year after year after year.

I tend to operate as a full time Raptors fan and part time Spurs fan. Maybe it's time to swap those around until I see something interesting happen.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I feel like Derozan/Powell/JV/Joseph would be about a 42-42 team but I might be underestimating how bad poo poo would get.

There's a certain irony that all the time people talk about wanting their team to have an identity. The Casey Raptors sure as poo poo have an identity. They win more now and there's a few more exciting plays, but the style and feel of the team have remained remarkably similar whether it's the godawful Rudy Gay-era or the Ibaka-era. Even if Ibaka and Lowry walk and the team starts sucking, I feel like the Raptors are still gonna feel and play like the Raptors as long as Casey and Derozan are there. That kinda sounds like a good thing, but because the name 'Raptors' has become completely synonymous with fraudulent ugly basketball that gets exposed by good teams and coaches, I'm not so optimistic.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Cool Buff Man posted:

Who are the (available) coaches that you Raptors fans would like to see replace Casey? Not snarky, genuinely interested who's out there

Promote an assistant. Take a risk. See what happens. Nick Nurse is supposedly good. It could be more of the same, but the team has cleaned house on assistants before while keeping Casey around and the style has always remained pretty similar so I'd speculate that they're not having a lot of say directly on play calling and style as is.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I think since the Mark Jackson firing it's become clear how certain coaches can be a net negative even on very talented teams. Yes, the Raptors are not the Warriors, Kerr is a great coach, and Casey got them to where they are. But I can't shake the feeling that he's maxed out his achievements and his Caseyisms are holding the team back.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Cool Buff Man posted:

On a similar risk note, if Lowry goes to the Sixers or something, what would be your ideal course of action? Trade Derozan to the Lakers for some youngsters or picks?

My dream is fleecing Magic Johnson, yes. I think the team is super committed to him and doubt he's going anywhere though. He's got old school team loyalty. Whether management also has that to him, who knows.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

pseudodragon posted:

Stackhouse is supposed to be good and went down to 905 specifically to get HC experience rather than stay with the big team as as an asst.

Overall, I don't think Casey is a negative coach, his style just doesn't really work for this team. I think he's at his best getting underachieving players to play at their best, but that's not really the Raptor profile anymore.

I haven't watched the 905 so I dunno how Stackhouse works. He took the team to a title so apparently he knows something and rumours are that he seems good. Personally, I know that playing and coaching are two different things, but I'm skeptical that one of the most prolific chuckers in league history would be the guy to clean up the Raptors shot selection and ball movement.

pubic works project posted:

I wish PG had old school team loyalty, but with an idiot like Bird and a cheapass owner in Simon I can't blame him. :negative:

I mean, giving Derozan a 140 million dollar contract probably bought some loyalty. Also, Derozan's passed Bosh/Carter for a bunch of the team records last year. For all the poo poo I give him, if he plays out the next four years of his contract with the team he'll have the title of "most important Raptor franchise player in history" on complete lockdown, and I think he's kinda into those kinds of accolades.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 30, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I would like to see Stackhouse and Quinn Snyder fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
absolutely yes

• Locked thread