Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

rabidsquid posted:

Henry Ellenson may not be horrible, Reggie Bulluck shot the lights out in the small sample of the last week, and the entire Pistons roster is still really poorly assembled.

Stanley Johnson is going to be a great sixth man for the Spurs some day.

Reggie Bullock disappears the second he makes it to the opposing team's scouting report

Johnson, haircut

They're stuck. If they want to blow things up they'd have to hope to start off welll next season to get value for players. Jackson's knees might be permanently wrecked and Ish Smith is not an NBA starter.

The only real offseason decisions are the draft picks and KCP's offer sheet. If Kent Bazemore gets the max, then Pope gets the max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

boxcarhobo posted:

Buzz City Beat: Charlotte Hornets’ Stuck in Mediocrity, Limited Options This Offseason

MMmmmmm this is the poo poo I love to see right at the start of our offseason

:smith:

Charlotte is in the same place as Detroit with a core locked into mediocrity. Maybe they should roll some dice and swap random players

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

boxcarhobo posted:

Yeah I'm pretty much down with getting rid of anyone that isn't Kemba, but I don't know why anyone good at basketball would want to come to this lame state and have MJ as their boss.

'Do you think MKG coming back messed up the nice flowing offense they had without him? They might be smart just to trade him because they're basically stuck with the rest of the team, and I don't think he's ever going to be more than a small 4 who hustles like crazy, plays defense, rebounds, and sometimes makes shots.

I'd be overjoyed if Ntilikina falls to the pistons at 12, and if not then I hope they draft edmond sumner as a developmental prospect. Reggie Jackson is too loving young to get PRP injected into his knees, and this was not a team that was trying to tank, he was just hosed up, and the lack of shot creation cascaded, culminating in Andre Drummond playing like a baby boy. He really needs to hang out with Deandre Jordan and completely reorient his game.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

rabidsquid posted:

for some reason i am all in on zach collins as i think he would play nicely next to drummond, but then again the power forward slot is already a massive glut of dudes that svg would never play a rookie over so i don't know. he probably won't be available at 12 anyway i guess. what do you think

There's just so little video of him that I don't know. He shows what looks like a solid two way game and moves pretty well. I have no other feelings about him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

NickRoweFillea posted:

This spot reserved for Memphis

hahaha, that bear is so so sad

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Why would you do that, I weigh a lot less than Robin Lopez and basketball shoes wear out after a month of pick up games

Also regarding my bet Lockback, the devil won and will get his due

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

If my team hires Joe Dumars...

I'll still go to games, but I will be moderately unhappy about the hire!

He's a great draft choose and poor free agent signr. Your team won't have cap room for 10 years anyway

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Avery Bradley is an ok player

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Declan MacManus posted:

Who did the Nets start after Lin went down? That guy.

Isaiah Whitehead baby

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

Earlier this season I posted a lot about how being in the top 4 in the east but never beating Lebron is not the worst. And I'm not one of those people who advocate for championship or bust. From a fan's perspective, someone who watches way too many games, it makes it worthwhile to have a team that wins most of them, even if you know they are never good enough. Watching wins are fun.

That said, I think the window on this unit has closed. If it were two years ago I'd say go re-sign everyone and lock us in but the last few months have made me really nervous about Lowry and even Ibaka. They are great players but I cant see either getting better Lowry more so, as he has yet to have a playoff run where he isn't bothered by some injury, which will only get worse. I really hate rebuilds as I've seen this team do it so many times but I think moving on from the free agents, keeping Derozan and firing Casey is the best step.

Hearing Zach Lowe say that every team that isn't in the conference finals should rebuild gets so loving tiring. For one thing, tanking is not effective if 1/3 of the league is doing it at once. It's great for the sort of international dirtbags who pull guys like Thon Maker from some rugged area and say HEY, POTENTIAL, because more teams are scrambling for it, but there will only be so many real prospects, so many diamonds in the rough to be developed. For smaller market teams the local tv deal is very important in keeping revenue steady if the team doesn't sell tickets, so you have to assume those teams want to look like they're improving or are going to stay good when those deals are being negotiated.

The lottery when it's not rigged is random enough to gently caress you even if you are terrible, and being terrible can alienate fans and sponsors in a way that's difficult to recover from.

Although with the attention economy, maybe you can tankwithout anyone noticing. Like the Lakers, sign bad big name players to big contracts and pretend you're trying to win and act very confused when you get lottery picks instead.

The raptors could sign Lowry and Ibaka to max deals and then act really confused when they're awful and cant afford to sign anyone in 2 years, then when those contracts expire they'll have had 3 years of lottery picks and valuable future picks. That's the way to keep people buying tickets and watching games, just keep the old names around as they decline and act like you're trying really hard to improve.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I agree about Nick Young. He should be a Lakers staple and eventually become coach

Your team win more game when your center play defense so Deandre better center now than Karl Town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

just click the dang link, man

Euphronius only posts on his phone and never clicks links. That's why he never quotes anybody. He's got a NOKIA flip phone

• Locked thread