Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Lakers opinions

Man, this is a weird team. They have a ton of guys with a ton of skills, but none of them are consistent.
  • Randle sometimes looks like star, ungaurdable on offense and capable of defending elite wings; but he also seems to spend a lot of time checked out and makes dumb plays or fails to rotate. He got a lot better at those things this season, and he is making less dumb plays and has been finishing around the rim better. His midrange jumper was better, but still not really good enough to force opponents to respect it.

• Russell certainly was improved this year, but he still was prone to dumb plays and bad shots. The current offense certainly suits him better than last year, but didn't have the right kind of guys around him to take advantage of it. I think he played much better with a shooter like Nick Young next to him, and when Nick got lost in the shuffle when they started tanking fully, I think it hurt Russell out there. His 3pt shooting would probably be a lot better if he just stopped shooting those dumbass pullup threes that he loves (to miss). I think he has certainly shown off that he can get to rim if he gets a half decent screen, which was an open question coming into this season

• Clarkson is one of the older guys in the young core and didn't really develop much this season. He is a good scorer and can run the show at times, but he is still a major defensive liability and isn't good enough at scoring to ignore it completely. He just really needs to find a niche to excel at

• Ingram had an awful start to the year, but he got better as the season went along and his post-ASB numbers are very respectable. He needs to put on some muscle this offseason to help him in the paint (though he has got much better at finishing as the season went on), and he also needs to improve his 3pt shot. Also, his FTs, man, how the hell did he shoot so badly from the line?

• Larry Nance is good player who needs to stay healthy. He is kind of a weird dude in that he is good at so many things, and just needs the oppurtunities to get set-up for them. Its weird that he has a very similar skillset to Randle in many ways, but his style of play is completely different. He is the kind of dude that the Spurs would turn into a star, and hopefully Luke can get the most out of him. You know, assuming he stays healthy

• Zubac is cool and good, but he has a lot to learn on defense. He has a lot of good physical tools, and if he can learn how to handle the P&R better, he'll be a good starter. As it is, he should hopefully get major minutes off the bench next year, but I wouldn't be shocked if he starts

I'm not gonna really discuss the other guys since they're not really important to the team's future, but I do want to shout out to Nick Young for having a great come back season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

Anyone trying to grade Ingram on just one season is really doing a disservice. When he was drafted he was a guy that was going to take a couple years to fill out and build the right NBA skills. The fact that he got better as the year went on is encouraging. I don't think anyone will know anything about him until the end of next season.

Yeah, I agree that he had a pretty good rookie year for where he was. He had very noticeable improvement and really started to use his length smartly as the season went on

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

This kind of poo poo is why you had to resign the first time, you moron

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
They left off Kobe :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

I wouldn't mind the Bulls throwing 20 million at Lowry.

I wouldn't mind watching the Bulls do that either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

Their bench was super lovely. That Mahinmi contract might be the difference between the Wizards being contenders and not.

Its amazing that 2 centers got worse contracts that Mozgov last summer

• Locked thread