Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

You can, you dropped three in a row

To a pretty solid team that has more depth and made an adjustment the Bucks' roster had no answer for. The Bucks could be scary if they make a big move in the offseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Is replacing Jabari Parker's ligaments with cyborg parts said move? What do you even do with him?

Try to sucker somebody into taking him for a pick and/or cap filler/depth? I feel bad for Milwaukee in that respect, he didn't have injury problems before he hit the pros.

He's basically DeJuan Blair now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

If healthy he can probably coexist with Thon and Giannis, though I think putting them at the 4/5 defensively works better and one or both of Jabari and Giannis need a more reliable 3 ball. After these injuries, Jabari may no longer have the speed to defend the 3 (he was never great at it but he's young and the physical ability was there). It's a tough situation, and the timer is running down on his rookie deal.

They'd be really thin at PF unless you like Henson and Hawes a bunch if Jabari got traded, is the issue. Milwaukee has some decisions to make in the offseason unless somebody makes them a ludicrous offer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If Rubio keeps shooting like he did down the stretch I'd rather have him than Teague, Hill or Schroeder.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kyle Lowry deserves some of the blame because ultimately he's a guy who plays heavy minutes and is a vet leader, even if he did miss 2 game sin the series. But I agree, Casey got to go. And even then, maybe it's time to blow it up. I love Kyle and DeMar, I think this is the most likable Raps team ever, but something has to change.

Amusing story: Lue fined JR Smith a C Note for biting on a DeRozan pump fake in game 4, as part of an overall challenge to not bite on fakes anymore.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 8, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Were you the person last offseason saying that "second-tier team that could sneak into the finals in an injury-lucky year" was a fine place to be? I think a couple of people were arguing that. I'm generally okay with that but I think it might be quite costly just to maintain that this offseason. Lowry, Patterson-role, and Ross-role aren't coming back at cost, so just treading water would probably require them to commit quite a bit of money.

I'd be okay if the Raptors let Lowry walked, got what they could for JV, and started giving the younger players space to develop while Demar jacked up glorious, glorious long 2s.

e: On Raptors Republic season roundup, they said that back in the day Colangelo rejected Valanciunas for Harden. Now that would've been interesting.

Was that when JV was drafted? Because I feel like that makes it more defensible, since they maybe thought he could do 20-12 instead of 12-9. I like JV, but unfortunately this league went from being wafer-thin at C to being fairly strong, so nobody really needs him unless there's somebody out there who wildly overvalues him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MourningView posted:

Laettner was the best ping pong player on the team, so imagine Jordan getting furious about Christian loving Laettner repeatedly owning him while Larry Bird slams michelobs and taunts him from the floor.

Also the best NBA ping pong anecdote is that David Stern is apparently loving amazing at it

I remember reading that Jordan lost to Orlando Woolridge (I think) during his first or 2nd year and was so annoyed by it he bought a table and practiced until he got really good, so he probably gave Laettner a run for his money.

I asusme they mean assistant GM as I'm pretty sure Ujiri is still the GM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lessail posted:

Masai loving sucks and needs to go since that's the only way Casey will be gone.

Yeah boooo to the best executive the team's ever had, he only fixed huge problems and made the team extremely successful.

Now that you've said this, they'll end up with Billy King or something. Thanks.

• Locked thread