Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

we all knew this was coming when his son looked exactly like the state farm guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

I think the only way that works is if pau leaves.

Parker could also retire.

e: Probably would have to be Parker and Manu retiring (or Manu signs for less than the $14M he got this year)

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 24, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

No wait, it looks like the Spurs have $96M in guarantees for next year and apparently the cap is going to be like $102M. That figure includes Parker's $15M and Pau's $16M but nothing for Manu.

I could see Pau opting out and re-signing for less to be able to play with Paul though.

comedy option: spurs dump aldridge on doc.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 24, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah it's probably just posturing for LAC but if Tony retires, Manu retires or takes a sweetheart deal, and Pau opts out to take one too, they can clear a max for Paul. Or maybe CP3 takes a paycut if we're assuming guys are giving up piles of money for a shot at a ring.

well if there's one elite player who might consider taking a paycut to win a ring it's probably CP3.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I of course also think Paul almost certainly takes the money, but he has a reputation of caring a lot about winning and legacy and I think the CP3/Jordan/Griffin Clippers are stuck where they are and probably not going to be able to make the Finals for the length of CP3's next contract barring a big swing in injury luck for them and against the Warriors/Spurs/Rockets. I just think that if there was an elite player that might consider it if the situation presented itself it's CP3, and the Clippers right now are the biggest example of a team capping out but still being stuck just below the top tier.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

I'm not sure they have but at some point that's the problem.

At this point Griffin imo deserves the dreaded "injury-prone" label. When he's on he's absolutely elite but that's too infrequent. It's sad to say but the best way forward for the Clips in the immediate term might be Griffin leaving (he has an ETO and could likely be able to get a max if he tries the market) and, I dunno, Paul George signing.

Of course that doesn't solve their problems of their bench perenially being poo poo due to Rivers refusing to sign anyone who he didn't coach on the Celtics or in the driveway at home.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Magic is gonna call the Bulls ask if they have interest in D'angelo and GarPax will debate it and eventually decide to ship out Butler since they expect him to leave in FA anyway and they'll call Magic back and say yeah we'll send you Butler and Magic will get all confused and say he thought it was obvious he wanted Rondo.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

kd moving depends on the outcome of the finals. if they lose to the cavs again he absolutely picks up his option to try again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i would think pros wouldn't compare their training regimen to ivan drago since in the movie he used steroids but what do i know

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

chunkles posted:

that is the most specific and weird red text i've ever seen

hahahahaha

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Who are the (available) coaches that you Raptors fans would like to see replace Casey? Not snarky, genuinely interested who's out there

last summer vogel and joerger were both on the market

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

I don't know much about Joergers style but Vogel wouldn't do much to help out the Raptors offensive scheme issues, imo.

thats true. i just think that its not the case that "better" or as good of coaches havent become available during casey's tenure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Rick, don't forget to also include the "deaf kids were signing my name in admiration" story.

• Locked thread