Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Price isn't in the Hall of Fame, and you can't seriously believe Jose will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kibner posted:

Yeah, those percentages are pretty rarified air. An average guard with a similar role shoots something like 45/35/85.

e: in the nba, at least. not sure about ncaa women's or wnba
Most recent seasons:
NBA average is; .457 FG%, .358 3P%, .772 FT%
WNBA average is; .442 FG%, .336 3P%, .798 FT%

WNBA numbers skyrocketed this year. In 2015 it was .425/.325/.795.

DeimosRising posted:

It's not the NBA hall, and he has a FIBA gold and two Olympic Silvers, and was one of the best players in Europe before he came over. I could've sworn price was, that's hosed up there are way worse guys in there.
Jose peaked as a good starter for a few years and he's hung around for a while. He came over at 24 and peaked as good starter (and not really for that long). He has a good enough career in Europe but it's not some legendary career that would've given him any consideration on its own, and I don't think they're going to the same level of just putting the way you would when those players would never come to the US. Are we going to put in Anthony Parker for being a European legend who was also an ok NBA player? As far as having Spanish representation he'd be well behind both Gasols, maybe Rubio. Ibaka if you count him. He'd be far and away the worst NBA guy in the Hall of Fame.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

I think it's two guards and three forwards like the all-star game but I could be wrong, positions are meaningless anyways
It's done by position (C/F/G). Last year Draymond has more total votes last year than DeAndre but DeAndre was 1st Team. Plus Andre Drummond on the 3rd Team.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

I know that Steph Curry is considered a great shooter but not a great all-around player, but I am still surprised that the unanimous MVP who led his team to the best regular season record of all time, and who shattered the three point shooting record, is not on the first team.

Is this a reaction to the Warriors losing in the Finals, or is it just backlash against Curry in general?
No.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

leftist heap posted:

The NBA is super stacked right now and it makes the NFL look so dire by comparison. How many teams in the NFL don't have a good QB? Most of them? How many NFL teams have basically nothing to honestly be excited about next season unless you're a draft pick optimist? Again, probably most of them, it's really dire. There are whole divisions in the NFL that are trash fires. Contrast this to the NBA where there are probably half a dozen lottery bound teams that probably think they have a shot at the playoffs next season.
This is non-sense. Good QB is a very relative thing and the QB pool is much better than ever before. A lot of NFL teams could have a bunch of guys emerge and the average NFL team has a much better shot at the Superbowl than the NBA does at a championship. How many teams in the NBA have a realistic shot at a championship with their current core? It's a very small number. Virtually every NFL team has a shot at the playoffs next year; it wouldn't be that weird if Jacksonville or Tennessee becomes a playoff team, and bottom feeder NFL teams can fluke their way to a playoff berth more reliably than their NBA equivalents.

The reason the NBA is better than the NFL because basketball is better than football.

• Locked thread